Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else kept up with the current American series? Because if so, you may understand my unrelenting fury that Fox should choose to cancel the best show currently on TV, though admittedly, it's only become great since they started having to push through the storyline before cancellation.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose we should be glad that at least they got the prior warning required to wrap up the storyline to some extent.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that they fluctuate in quality and that the first episodes of the seasons seem to be pretty bad, which doesn't do good for getting a following. Also, the first season finale was wtfux, which probably led a lot of people to quit also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdsong1)
    Also, the first season finale was wtfux, which probably led a lot of people to quit also.
    I thought that was the point where they really stepped up their game. What didn't you like about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpacemonkeySam)
    I thought that was the point where they really stepped up their game. What didn't you like about it?
    It decharacterized Alpha from this mysterious, possibly benevolent guy into some dude with a big crush, downplayed Echo's own role in the composite event by making it technological (even though it had already been happening already), and ended with a big anti-climax. All-in-all, it was just a huge anti-climax.

ReputationRep:
    It decharacterized Alpha from this mysterious, possibly benevolent guy into some dude with a big crush, downplayed Echo's own role in the composite event by making it technological (even though it had already been happening already), and ended with a big anti-climax. All-in-all, it was just a huge anti-climax.
    Really? I thought revealing Alpha was completely necessary to push on the story and stop it being a "Let's see who echo is this week" show. As such, the alpha reveal was phenomenal! It nicely wrapped up a bunch of storylines that needed wrapping up if the series got cancelled(as it sooooo almost did) and yet left it open to a new series.

It was also followed by Epitaph one which was utterly stunning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMo1)
    Really? I thought revealing Alpha was completely necessary to push on the story and stop it being a "Let's see who echo is this week" show. As such, the alpha reveal was phenomenal! It nicely wrapped up a bunch of storylines that needed wrapping up if the series got cancelled(as it sooooo almost did) and yet left it open to a new series.

Epitaph one wasn't shown in the states. And um, it wasn't "necessary" to do any of the things I said.

(Original post by JoMo1)

Er, the show was cancelled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    Er, the show was cancelled.
    He means if the show wasn't renewed for a second season. Yer "janner"

Ah well, my point still stands it was cancelled, ya swine.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, my point still stands it was cancelled, ya swine.
    erm... the relevance of this is?

(Original post by JoMo1)
    erm... the relevance of this is?
    erm, that it was cancelled? Not that hard to understand. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    erm, that it was cancelled? Not that hard to understand. :confused:
    Just go stand in the corner, and look pretty :dry:

ReputationRep:
    Um...Right...I'm not sure what to say for the latest episode...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Boyd is Rossum's #1? That just screams all kinds of WTF!!?

ReputationRep:
    I really have no idea how this is the same show that had so many ****ty "Hooker of the Week" episodes way back in season one.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Since when did Lawrence become good looking?! :p:
    The Attic was a good ep, I'm just trying to work out hard who is behind all of Rossum. My money is on someone like Topher or Ballard or Boyd

ReputationRep:
    As of the latest episode: WTF!?!?!?!?

a) damn Fox for cancelling the amazingness and causing this to finish!
    b) Thank you Fox for canceling this amazingness and making them become so much more amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Since when did Lawrence become good looking?! :p:
    The Attic was a good ep, I'm just trying to work out hard who is behind all of Rossum. My money is on someone like Topher or Ballard or Boyd
    Ballard being behind Rossum, that would be lol.

Oh mangs, I finally managed to find the dollhouse.

O wait.

Ballard being behind Rossum, that would be lol.

Oh mangs, I finally managed to find the dollhouse.

O wait.
    :p:

I had my reasons but then changed my mind anyway so ner.
    Just watched the last ep, I rule. Fecked up to buggery though. Genius.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest if Dollhouse hadn't been cancelled they might have just kept on with the slow-paced hooker-of-the-week stuff instead of thinking, "****, looks like we'd better wrap the plot up", so if the show ending means it getting all badass I'm not too fussed. LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG WOOOO

Poll
Do you have any savings?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.