Cambridge interviews! Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chrisbphd)
I haven't ever heard of anyone committing suicide as a result of being at Christ's. People here usually have the last laugh when it comes to degree results.
At least, the ones of Oriental descent...

Ben
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ben.S.)
At least, the ones of Oriental descent...

Ben
That could be seen as slightly racist. I assure you that it isn't. More often than not it is true.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That could be seen as slightly racist. I assure you that it isn't. More often than not it is true.
I know, lol. It's a compliment anyhow.
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I haven't ever heard of anyone committing suicide as a result of being at Christ's. People here usually have the last laugh when it comes to degree results.
is it true that christs have showers in the library? Or is it just an urban myth?
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yes, I know - we discuss that every day. I'm next door, remember? Hello, Chris! *waves*

Ben
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It is true that Christ's have showers in the library. They are the showers for the accommodation staircase opposite the library. They are NOT for people who stay in the library 24/7. Nobody does that.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It is true that Christ's have showers in the library. They are the showers for the accommodation staircase opposite the library. They are NOT for people who stay in the library 24/7. Nobody does that.

Not even the orientals?
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Not even the orientals?
No - they have to go to lectures.

Ben
Toffee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Nobody does that.
Oh really?
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Not even the orientals?
I don't go in there often enough to notice, but most of them get such good results that they have the en-suite rooms (people who get a first get priority in room selection, other than that it is a ballot), so they don't need them.
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Are you a first year? I think there's a good chance that they may do in the easter term.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't go in there often enough to notice, but most of them get such good results that they have the en-suite rooms (people who get a first get priority in room selection, other than that it is a ballot), so they don't need them.
Having said that, I wish to join them in Chinatown.

Ben
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Toffee)
Oh really?
Really. You must be quite dillusioned.

(a) for thinking that people spend all day every day in the library
(b) for associating yourself with Blamps
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
Are you a first year? I think there's a good chance that they may do in the easter term.
I am a first year, and the people here are normal, contrary to popular misconception.
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Really. You must be quite dillusioned.

(a) for thinking that people spend all day every day in the library
(b) for associating yourself with Blamps
(a)Sarcasm.
(b)Refrain from insulting members of the executive, please.
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(a)Sarcasm.
(b)Please refrain from insulting members of the executive, please.
The executive? Of what? What gives you the right to call yourselves an executive? Power obsessives more like.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am a first year, and the people here are normal, contrary to popular misconception.
What he means is that you haven't had the Easter term yet - when revision fever sets in. I could have just opened my mouth and told you that, but this is better (in an introvert way).

Ben
Toffee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The executive? Of what? What gives you the right to call yourselves an executive? Power obsessives more like.
Don't take everything we say so seriously. That is a suggestion, not an order, in case you interpret it wrongly, which you seem to have a knack for doing.
Ben.S.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't take everything we say so seriously. That is a suggestion, not an order, in case you interpret it wrongly, which you seem to have a knack for doing.
Is this the royal 'we', or are you two attached at the hips?

Ben
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought people grew out of childish games like this. Obviously there are some who don't.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads