Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wow, there really has been some good activity in this thread while i've been away revising for other exams

thanks for sample essays and advice everyone, keep it up and i'll try and be helpful when i can too :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wondering would someone please be kind enough to email me the Tutor 2 U exam paper (and possibly model answers, if there are any).
    email: [email protected] o.uk
    Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat360UK)
    Hey, I was just wondering would someone please be kind enough to email me the Tutor 2 U exam paper (and possibly model answers, if there are any).
    email: [email protected] o.uk
    Thanks,
    http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/C200/

ReputationRep:
    cheers bud, big help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nat360UK)
    cheers bud, big help
    No problem.

Thanks for the 2 anon reps aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick_l)
    Would another problem with the scheme be that, in order to run this system, you need the space to store the stock?
    yes, sunken costs

ReputationRep:
    What is the US biofuels policy? The EU one is a 45 euro subsidy bit it doesnt say the US's policy.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

How did people answer this question:
    Discuss the economic consequences of the EU and US biofuels policy for the global economy [15]

It seems to me that both the EU and the US implemented a policy to subsidise biofuel production. Also, can we use macro to answer this question?

ReputationRep:
    Am i right in thinking that question 3 will almost definately be on biofuels, and question 4 on ETS (with possible discussions of alternatives e.g. carbon tax)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RageC)
    Am i right in thinking that question 3 will almost definitely be on biofuels, and question 4 on ETS (with possible discussions of alternatives e.g. carbon tax)?
    Probably.

ReputationRep:
    one of the questions might be based around the consequences of food price inflation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narc)
    one of the questions might be based around the consequences of food price inflation
    Regressive effects for those on low incomes.
    Changes in diet- people will switch to cheaper foods which have high levels of salt so bad for health of population.
    expectations of higher inflation in the future so people will save/purchase bonds rather than spend. This leads to a fall in GDP AD/AS analysis.
    That's not too bad a question. I'd hope to make a few more points in the exam though :o:

ReputationRep:
    Do we reckon it's going to be the questions that appear obvious from the case-study then?!

I.e.

1.) Compare 1.1 with 1.2 (or all four etc.).
    2.) Buffer schemes analysis.
    3.) EU vs. Russia
    4.) Evaluate the case for biofuels.
    5.) Comment on the case for p. permits to tackle neg. exts.. (or discuss p. permits +ves and -ves).

We could expect obviously 1.) I'd have thought and then at least two others maybe?!?! What d'ya think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RageC)
    Am i right in thinking that question 3 will almost definitely be on biofuels, and question 4 on ETS (with possible discussions of alternatives e.g. carbon tax)?
    If they stick to their:

1a[6], 1b[9], 2[10], 3[15], 4[20] format then I'd have thought so and hope so to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJP)
    Do we reckon it's going to be the questions that appear obvious from the case-study then?!

I.e.

1.) Compare 1.1 with 1.2 (or all four etc.).
    2.) Buffer schemes analysis.
    3.) EU vs. Russia
    4.) Evaluate the case for biofuels.
    5.) Comment on the case for p. permits to tackle neg. exts.. (or discuss p. permits +ves and -ves).

We could expect obviously 1.) I'd have thought and then at least two others maybe?!?! What d'ya think?
    I REALLY, REALLY hope that you have got 5 out of 5, if not...Im screwed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrick_l)
    I REALLY, REALLY hope that you have got 5 out of 5, if not...Im screwed!
    Same, same. What do you think the odds are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJP)
    Same, same. What do you think the odds are?
    :hmmmm:
    well, if we're talking word for word, not very high
    but i do think/hope there is a good chance of the Qs being there or there abouts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinsta)
    Regressive effects for those on low incomes.
    Changes in diet- people will switch to cheaper foods which have high levels of salt so bad for health of population.
    expectations of higher inflation in the future so people will save/purchase bonds rather than spend. This leads to a fall in GDP AD/AS analysis.
    That's not too bad a question. I'd hope to make a few more points in the exam though :o:
    micro:
    a fall in consumer surplus (put in a diagram)
    certain businesses will see fall in profit (restaurants, upmarket foodstores), some will see more (budget supermarkets)

macro:
    food takes up a large proportion of income, people pay ask for higher wages to compensate leading possibly to a wage price spiral.
    and i was thinking...i'm assumming food is given a heavy weighting on the on the rpi/cpi so it contributes to the wider inflation in the economy, do an ad/as analysis on inflation and talk about bad points of inflation like damage in competitiveness, exchange rates blah blah blah
    but then you can say other countries are in the same position too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by narc)
    micro:
    a fall in consumer surplus (put in a diagram)
    certain businesses will see fall in profit (restaurants, upmarket foodstores), some will see more (budget supermarkets)

macro:
    food takes up a large proportion of income, people pay ask for higher wages to compensate leading possibly to a wage price spiral.
    and i was thinking...i'm assumming food is given a heavy weighting on the on the rpi/cpi so it contributes to the wider inflation in the economy, do an ad/as analysis on inflation and talk about bad points of inflation like damage in competitiveness, exchange rates blah blah blah
    but then you can say other countries are in the same position too.
    Yeah good point about the wage price spiral, I threw that out of my mind after 2887 :p:

In Russia food is given a high weighting and I think it is fairly high in CPI/RPI aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there could I have some help with the biofuels question on the tutor2u mock:
    Discuss the economic consequences of the EU and US biofuels policy for the global economy.
    it's 15 marks and in the tutor2u toolkit they don't give any answers to this question.

I can think of a few answers though:
    EU subsidies cause set aside land to be used for prodcution of biofuels so this imposes costs on the environment.
    It also causes more land to be used for biofuels so less food is produced causing higher food prices.
    Costs to the gov of the subsidy may need to be financed by taxpayers.

I can't think of many for the US.
    Can I have some help with this please?
    +rep

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondered if anyone had any links to web sites with information about EU and US biofuel policy please.

Thanks.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.