Turn on thread page Beta

The European/World Football Thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    ffs I really thought Real Madrid would lose tonight.

Ronaldo and Messi have 58 goals between them this season. ****in' freaks.
    shiiiieeettttttt
    I cant help but use the "one-man team" phrase here

ReputationRep:
    I clearly stated in my post that I understand why he gets picked ahead of Mascher - because he suits Barcelona's style of play! (hence the "I guess that makes sense for Barcelona) So I don't know why you all keep repeating that to me

I agree with Stu that he's one of the best DM's in the world and therefore personally think he is too good to be second choice tbh. He should move.

(Original post by Apex9)
    Bar his goals, what have Ronaldo's performances been like this season?
    Everytime I have seen him play he has been pretty immense, and now that's he's not a United player I don't feel too guilty saying that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apex9)
    Bar his goals, what have Ronaldo's performances been like this season?
    He's been good, you get the feeling sometimes that he's sort of an Inzaghi for large parts of the game, remains docile but then comes up to tap in or score a penalty. Definitely a very good season, only criticism is that he doesn't dominate games. Nowadays you are far more likely to see a him score a goal than put in a solid performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    ffs I really thought Real Madrid would lose tonight.

Ronaldo and Messi have 58 goals between them this season. ****in' freaks.
    I've given up on that for months now, you really can only rely on Barcelona. But there seems to be no middle ground though, they spank other teams but when it comes to Barca they get spanked. Villareal and in particular Sevilla should ask themselves serious questions for ditching first half tactics that have made Madrid look poor.

Barca d'Or today ffs. :teeth:

La Masia d'Or ffs :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S-man10)
    Barca d'Or today ffs. :teeth:

La Masia d'Or ffs :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    It's in the Barca DNA :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    You think Busquets is better than Masher?
    Busquets is better. This is from a Liverpool fan. I'm not having a go btw. Ive just read your other posts, and do agree that he is too good to be sat on the bench though. And Cambiasso is so under-rated. He basically won them the CL. :coma:

Messi on 28 now, Ronaldo is on 30 for the season. Interesting battle. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Busquets is better. This is from a Liverpool fan. I'm not having a go btw. Ive just read your other posts, and do agree that he is too good to be sat on the bench though. And Cambiasso is so under-rated. He basically won them the CL. :coma:

Messi on 28 now, Ronaldo is on 30 for the season. Interesting battle. :beard:
    You could argue either way but if you're looking for a solid DM (destroyer type), I would have the likes of Mascher and Cambiasso over Busquets everyday of the week.

Best DM's in the World for me goes something like this

1. Masherano/Cambiasso

2. **** knows. Khedira maybe?

Probably forgotten some quality players

Edit: Oooh I forgot Bastian Schweinsteiger, had an awesome WC, no idea how he's doing nowadays though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    You could argue either way but if you're looking for a solid DM (destroyer type), I would have the likes of Mascher and Cambiasso over Busquets everyday of the week.

Best DM's in the World for me goes something like this

1. Masherano/Cambiasso

2. **** knows. Khedira maybe?

Probably forgotten some quality players
    2005 Gattuso. :coma:

I suppose so, they are different types of players afterall. Although id still say Biscuits is better all-round except at crunching in those tackles like Monster Mash can.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've said this before but hey ho, I think Ambrosini was one of the best DMs of his generation, and a very underrated player.

Yaya Toure tbh. Severely underrated imho.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't know Yaya's best position tbh, he causes carnage wherever he plays.

ReputationRep:
    Yaya Toure is like a moving skycraper. You would need a fireman's ladder to climb up the skyscraper of Yaya.

Or you could take a helicopter. Absolute beast.

ReputationRep:
    when is wpoty announced peoples?

ReputationRep:
    Read it on FIFA.com earlier, I think its 8pm CET.

ReputationRep:
    Its total madness that Sneijder isnt even in the top 3 although he was consistent and outstanding in all the competitions he played in last year, having won everything apart from the world cup final, when he was also instrumental in getting his national team to but coming up short.

There are rumours that Iniesta is going to win it, which will kill the credibility of the award if he does because he doesnt deserve it. If its going to go to anyone out of those 3, it should be Xavi and not the person who just scores a world cup final winning goal.

ReputationRep:
    Iniesta wouldn't have made my top 3, to be honest. Close, but not top 3.

Still torn between Messi and Xavi. I'd like to see Xavi win it, just because he's consistently been brilliant for years now and doesn't have a Ballon D'Or to show for it.

ReputationRep:
    Over the 12 months there isn't much of a difference between Xavi and Iniesta's input to Barca and Spain, it's so hard to make any differntiation between them. Iniesta at least has the world cup goals to his name which makes him more glamourous.

If it's based on the most outstanding footballer then it's obvious Messi should win, but things aren't so simple

I'd go with anyone with the Barca DNA ffs.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.