Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by Liv.w
what room/ floor in norton? :smile:

Urrm room 214 on the second floor but got no idea what flat that is? tbh I was having a freak out so just clicked the first vacant room I saw! haha what about you?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by elisabeth
OMG FINALLY I CANT BELIEVE IT I FINALLY MANAGED TO PAY FOR MY ROOM IV GOT A ROOM NOW OMG

right im in new halls block LE room 2403 or whatever it is anyone who's my neighbor on here???

Im in block D, so we're kinda neighbours! What course are you doing?
Reply 1982
anyone in meridon? I just booked it, is it good? best out of whats left imo
Original post by AlexParkins
Im in block D, so we're kinda neighbours! What course are you doing?

english, Block D was the only one that was full when i booked ^^

although i went for the block with most rooms allready taken... dont want to end up alone XD
Reply 1984
Original post by Shawna12
Yea i was pretty gutted but once you realise everyone else is in the same position its okay :smile:
haha exactly im not walking a mile and a half back everyday!

haha yeah there seems to be quite a few of us norton court nutters thank god! thought i would be on my laz trecking to uni everyday
Reply 1985
Original post by fifi123

Original post by fifi123
My sister's room was 13something so you'll probably be in that block, they are really nice halls! :smile: I think they're a bit underrated to be honest, it's just because they're further out than the others which is a pain.

ah good was really annoyed cause you cant see them on the website or anything but oh well its better than nothing! i caint wait :smile:
yeah i'm so not buzzing about this mile and a 1/2 walk!
Reply 1986
You may have to join the group to see this but this is the floor plan of ground floor and second floor i believe?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=429525455428&set=o.124077684273422&type=1&theater

Room 256 there, is the same layout as my room 356 from what I saw at booking, also by the lift. So at a educated guess, the second and third floor are identical in terms of plan?
Original post by Ffion
WAW thats lucky! haha indeed it is your destiny :tongue: Im a bit confused how the floor is planed out :confused: I thought there were only 24 rooms but some people have room numbers that are after 24 :s-smilie:

yeah it would be nice to see the floor plans again. i didn't read or look at anything. i may have souled my soul to nottingham trent without even knowing

oh lord
Reply 1988
Original post by mbel11

Original post by mbel11
Urrm room 214 on the second floor but got no idea what flat that is? tbh I was having a freak out so just clicked the first vacant room I saw! haha what about you?

ye same I really wanted sandby, but warming to the idea of norton now, I'm in 303, not a clue which flat that is either! hah
Reply 1989
Original post by AlexParkins
Unfortunately not, I only found out a little by persistently asking the Student Accommodation people. They basically sent me the general details each time until I started asking specific questions... Ill copy in the details they told me... :smile:
"The new Hall Accommodation consists of En-suite rooms which includes a'pod' wet room, this is a shower, basin and toilet, the bedroomsinclude fitted furniture consisting of a single bed with under bedstorage, desk with draws, notice board, bookshelves and an operatorstyle chair, wardrobe with Mirror. These rooms share a communal kitchenfacility that is sized and equipped according to the amount of peoplesharing the flat. Each kitchen area includes as a minimum, oven, hob,fridge, freezer, kettle, microwave, waste and recycling bins, cleaningequipment, iron and ironing board, it has a dinning table and chairs anda area with a coffee table and sofa/s. There are also Studio roomswhich are a slightly larger room in addition to the En-suite room andhas it own kitchenette and dinning table within it, this is a selfcontained room and the price reflects this. En-suite rooms are approx 2.7m x 4m this is only an approximation as therooms vary in dimensions due to the layouts of the flats/buildings."

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the information! That sounds like the extra money is worth it then with the sofas and stuff :smile:.. The rooms sound quite big to me do you think? Agh just want to see them now!
Reply 1990
Original post by Liv.w

Original post by Liv.w
Yeah :smile: we need to set up some sort of group to see whos off!

yeaaaaah deffooo,
the only thing thats annoying me is how far it is from the city site, loooong lool, but apart from that it looks decent :smile:
FINALLY got through!! She took my top 3 choices and will call me back when found me a room *fingers crossed*
Reply 1992
Original post by Stephhcharlene
FINALLY got through!! She took my top 3 choices and will call me back when found me a room *fingers crossed*

Good luck, they are very helpful at NTU so I hope you get your first choice :smile:
Reply 1993

Original post by Sanj
yeaaaaah deffooo,
the only thing thats annoying me is how far it is from the city site, loooong lool, but apart from that it looks decent :smile:

I think with the trams and stuff that wont actually matter too much, cos i was convinced i just wanted to roll out of bed everyday, bet i wont even be in uni that much! and sure there'll be a crew of us going together :smile:
Reply 1994
Original post by Liv.w
ye same I really wanted sandby, but warming to the idea of norton now, I'm in 303, not a clue which flat that is either! hah

Ahh so am I! what course are you doing?? :smile:
Original post by vn2009
U called the main ntu number then they might redirect you? I remember reading it opens at 9.30am tho, might be wrong tho :s-smilie:

I had a direct dial number for a certain person and the accomo number.

Original post by sanniehald
So sorry to hear:s-smilie:

got through nowww :woo:

Original post by sanniehald
What does a year bus pass cost, do you know? (:

£249 for academic year
Reply 1996
im in simpson, room 609.. not sure what floor/block or anything. it wasnt my first choice and i was panicking. anyone got any ideas whats it like, or floor plans or anything?
Original post by Lozzah8
Good luck, they are very helpful at NTU so I hope you get your first choice :smile:

Me too especially seeing as on here all my top 3 were seemingly booked up ¬¬ =S
Reply 1998
Original post by mbel11

Original post by mbel11
Ahh so am I! what course are you doing?? :smile:

graphic design :smile: you? i'm getting all giddy now after the initial let down!
Original post by elisabeth
english, Block D was the only one that was full when i booked ^^

although i went for the block with most rooms allready taken... dont want to end up alone XD

I must have been one of the first to book then.. it was rather empty when I booked it! It might be because they are 6 person rooms rather than the larger 10 person rooms found on different blocks...?

Original post by luis
Thanks for the information! That sounds like the extra money is worth it then with the sofas and stuff :smile:.. The rooms sound quite big to me do you think? Agh just want to see them now!

Well, Having seen the peverell ones, (which have 1 large room and 5 small per flat) I think what they've done is average each room out a little better so they're all the same. Which obviously means slightly larger rooms, which is good. I hope mines nice and light. Can't stand dingy rooms!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending