Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    for the past couple of days I have been looking at the summer pool stats

STEP I feel will mess me over, hopefully that won't be the case

Chance of me making 1,1 offer about 40%

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here (assuming we didn't all screw up in our exams...) a fellow Pembroker ??

ReputationRep:
    And I've finished college now too, just in time for the end of summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stowly)
    Anyone here (assuming we didn't all screw up in our exams...) a fellow Pembroker ??
    Me

Engineering. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    Me

Engineering. You?

I'm doing english, rather excited it has to be said!

I'm a current Pembrokian - I should see you in October! Hopefully our family will be accepted onto the adoption scheme, so you could well be one of our children. :p:

If you've got any queries about college life (like how much laundry is, which doesn't seem to be anywhere on the web...), feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tortious)
      I'm a current Pembrokian - I should see you in October! Hopefully our family will be accepted onto the adoption scheme, so you could well be one of our children. :p:

If you've got any queries about college life (like how much laundry is, which doesn't seem to be anywhere on the web...), feel free to ask!
      best place for a drink seems my principal concern as we speak! :P What course are you on??

ReputationRep:

It seemed quite expensive from the angry note I read when I was waiting for the May Ball Worker's Room to open The note itself was very amusing though (someone had apparently gotten back to find their clothes on the floor and their socks missing. They were deeply unimpressed with the unidentified culprit)

ReputationRep:
      It might be a bit late to say this, but I got an offer in January from Sidney Sussex to study philosophy. I really thought they were not going to take me, but apparently they liked me after all! I have now finished my exams and everything seems to point that I will meet the requirements, so I am very happy! Is there anyone else for philosophy?

best place for a drink seems my principal concern as we speak! :P What course are you on??
        :lol:

The JP (college bar) isn't bad - it's between £2.30-£2.70 a pint, but the Union prides itself on being the "cheapest place in Cambridge". You can get a pint of Aspall for £1.75! I'm a (now) second year lawyer.

(Original post by gethsemane342)
        It seemed quite expensive from the angry note I read when I was waiting for the May Ball Worker's Room to open The note itself was very amusing though (someone had apparently gotten back to find their clothes on the floor and their socks missing. They were deeply unimpressed with the unidentified culprit)
        It's £1.40 to wash and 50p to dry, so understandably I've tried to ensure my clothes are so similar in colour that they can all be washed together. :p: To be honest, I have little sympathy for people who don't bother to keep an eye on the machines and just leave their stuff for other people to move...but at the same time, it's fairly common. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by kpatb)
        Hahahahaha, only someone going to Oxbridge would say something like that xD
        (I'm generalising, but you know what I mean :P)
        Lol, I know! It's like a different world! It's the same with insurances - once there are A*s in your offer, ANYTHING seems more realistic, doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
        It's £1.40 to wash and 50p to dry, so understandably I've tried to ensure my clothes are so similar in colour that they can all be washed together. :p: To be honest, I have little sympathy for people who don't bother to keep an eye on the machines and just leave their stuff for other people to move...but at the same time, it's fairly common. :dontknow:
        Ah, more than us then. Only costs a quid to use the washing machines. I never tumble dry so have paid no attention to that but 20ps are involved somewhere.

Lol, you have no sympathy for me then. I'm the worst. I put it in in the morning, go to Law Fac and come back 7 hours later. Nothing bad has happened yet and my theory is, I have such bad fashion sense that no one will nick my clothes (except someone did steal my towel last year )

ReputationRep:
        Is anyone going to their respective college open days next week? I don't know whether they're suitable for offer holders or will be more for current yr 12s...

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by CordeliaDesdamona)
        Is anyone going to their respective college open days next week? I don't know whether they're suitable for offer holders or will be more for current yr 12s...
        They're for prospective students, not offer holders.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by CordeliaDesdamona)

(Original post by ArchedEdge)
        They're for prospective students, not offer holders.
        I'm going to the Churchill one and I am an offer holder. I was pooled so I have never seen Churchill college before, and this is my only chance before (hopefully!) october

ReputationRep:
        Have any of you got any word back from Student Finance yet?
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by no chance)
        Have any of you got any word back from Student Finance yet?
        Yeah 2 months ago BTW, how are you? Looking forward to Wolfson?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by cpdavis)
        Yeah 2 months ago BTW, how are you? Looking forward to Wolfson?
        I don't think I'd even considered sending mine in two months ago. I'm great thanks, more jobs to do than I'd previously thought possible and likely spending too much time in the sun smoking, drinking and failing to start reading Swann's Way. Definitely looking forward to it though. How about you? Eager to taste the thrills of maths at Cam?
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by no chance)
        I don't think I'd even considered sending mine in two months ago. I'm great thanks, more jobs to do than I'd previously thought possible and likely spending too much time in the sun smoking, drinking and failing to start reading Swann's Way. Definitely looking forward to it though. How about you? Eager to taste the thrills of maths at Cam?
        That's good to hear I am actually really excited about starting in October, I really hope though that STEP hasn't screwed me over though

ReputationRep:
        Hey has anyone received preliminary reading list for law?
        I got one about two months ago and it says it's better not to buy the books until we meet our supervisors.
        I just started looking for the books because of the exams but I can't find them in the library. What to do? Should I just buy some of them anyway?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.