Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I take my previous post back. It seems that Oxford do in fact update track on the day..
    I've been trawling through the results day thread from last year, and a few people had said that their track had updated around 6:30, so we will be able to check!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salliana23)
    Finally finished my exams!! :woohoo:
    Woo are we allowed to talk about AQA exams?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    Usually, I think. At least, there didn't seem to be any waiting after my AQA Computing exam

ReputationRep:
    I think so but I can't talk about mine as my exam was Edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcgovernjon)
    Well done, you two See you in October (hopefully!) :eek:
    Thanks hope your exams went well too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salliana23)
    I think so but I can't talk about mine as my exam was Edexcel
    Ah that sucks, cant really compare then. Were all your exams edexcel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    Okay, I take my previous post back. It seems that Oxford do in fact update track on the day..
    I've been trawling through the results day thread from last year, and a few people had said that their track had updated around 6:30, so we will be able to check!

Ooh. I think this is a good thing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SephyStar)

How did you both find your exams? So happy they're done, but don't want to think about results yet.
    There was a range of feelings :P

Ethics & Philosophy: Only needed a C in the exam to get an A overall, and it was an ideal paper, so I know I've got an A and I'm hoping for an A*!

Geography: One paper was really easy and seemed like a general studies exam, but because of the nature of the exam you couldn't do any past papers so although I thought it was easy and I wrote loads, I can't be sure of what the mark scheme wanted, but im optimistic. My other geography exam wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't a great paper. I'm semi-optimistic that Im gonna get my A overall!

Maths: DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT MATHS. If I managed to get my A in maths, its going to be due to low grade boundaries, and with exact UMS for an A :P So its a major worrier

But overall I'm hoping for the best. If I don't get in, well, i'll probably weep for a month, but eventually pull myself together :P

How did exams go for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    Ooh. I think this is a good thing.
    It's not; it means we'll all be here from 5AM hyping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    At least it means I will know where I stand before I go into school t 10am, and if necessary, will be emotionally prepared to face disappointment in front of my friends.

Although in reality, I'll just cry regardless of what happens on results day.

ReputationRep:
    At least it means I will know where I stand before I go into school t 10am, and if necessary, will be emotionally prepared to face disappointment in front of my friends.

Although in reality, I'll just cry regardless of what happens on results day.
    I just expect to fail utterly each year, so I'm never disappointed

ReputationRep:
    I just expect to fail utterly each year, so I'm never disappointed
    Brilliant philosophy, one adopted by me frequently although never before has anything ACTUALLY depended on me not failing (and by failing, I mean getting c. BCD in my exams this year to average AAA).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll get any sleep that night - I may not bother, and just stay up waiting for Track to open up. TSR will provide me with plenty of company, I expect

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant philosophy, one adopted by me frequently although never before has anything ACTUALLY depended on me not failing (and by failing, I mean getting c. BCD in my exams this year to average AAA).
    I sat working out UMS scores and grade boundaries for a long while, before emerging with a grin shouting BBC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I don't think I'll get any sleep that night - I may not bother, and just stay up waiting for Track to open up. TSR will provide me with plenty of company, I expect
    Refreshing Track every 30 seconds from midnight?

ReputationRep:
    I sat working out UMS scores and grade boundaries for a long while, before emerging with a grin shouting BBC!
    I kept on doing that as a form of procrastination to make me feel better...although I think it ended up meaning that I just wasn't particularly motivated.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Refreshing Track every 30 seconds from midnight?
    Don't be silly... I'll wait until at least 1 AM

ReputationRep:
    Ah that sucks, cant really compare then. Were all your exams edexcel?
    All of them except for Chemistry (OCR)

ReputationRep:
    I kept on doing that as a form of procrastination to make me feel better...although I think it ended up meaning that I just wasn't particularly motivated.
    Same here! The weakness of the AS I think, makes you panic if you need a lot and become overconfident if you don't need much. If you didn't know what you needed you would work more steadily I think, I know I would!

ReputationRep:
    Our school told us that this year the UCAS system has changed, and Track will only be updated "in the middle of the day", i.e. around lunchtime on Results Day? That's for all universities.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.