Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KennyC)
    Are you applying to Churchill yourself (or another college in Cambridge)? Because from what I understood I will be given questions prior to the interview and will have some time to prepare them. I knew that there were two interviews but I have never heard of one being about Economics and the other one about Maths. They just precise: "Thereare two subject interviews". Are you sure that what you say applies to Churchill college?
    Thank you anyway!
    I am applying to Pembroke but the general format is the same for most colleges. I.e. one maths interview and one economics, you could call them up and find out brief info which could be very helpful to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millerman)
    yeah applying october time. I wana apply to oxford or cambridge but some people i know are saying my GCSE grades(which i think are good)aren't good enough for economics at oxford
    Oxford do put more emphasis on GCSE grades than Cambridge do - the reason being that we both have different research, with Cambridge's suggesting that AS Level UMS marks are closely linked to overall performance at degree level, and Oxford's suggests that GCSEs are more closely linked. If you're worried about Oxford, definitely get in touch with one of the Colleges' admissions team in a few months time. They should be able to give you an idea of what strong applicants on average tend to have in terms of GCSEs, and then you can work out whether you think you're strong enough to apply or not. GCSEs aren't the be all and end all from an admissions point of view though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    I apologize for that, but I took my name out to remain anonymous. In large, we don't know anyone else's name either. (except Boy Wonder and TerribleTej who I assume is Tej or something longer eg Tejas)
    For example, Pierre is not my name....

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from LSE following their first 5 week email?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an Offer from LSE!!! 4 weeks into my 5 week email!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PierreIsNotMyName)
    Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got offers from Nottingham and Southhampton today, firm and insurance covered

ReputationRep:
    Question for everyone :
    What are you hoping to do with a Economics degree ? What ambitions have you got in life ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jupperrs)
    Congrats checking my ucas to see if Nottingham's updated after what you said 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, not-Pierre.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Cardiff!

Still waiting to here from LSE, UCL, Queen Mary's and Cambridge.

Fingers and toes crosses!

ReputationRep:
    same! what were your as and predicted grades?

ReputationRep:

Well done and Congratulations!!! that's given me hope as well as I am fed up of waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Well done and Congratulations!!! that's given me hope as well as I am fed up of waiting.
    Yeah, just a question of waiting really!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking what were your GCSE's and predicted grades and when did you send off your application?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just a question of waiting really!
    Will that be your firm or you waiting on Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcd1711)
    If you don't mind me asking what were your GCSE's and predicted grades and when did you send off your application?
    GCSE's 3A*s 7As
    Predicted AAA -(abb last year)

I sent it on the 25th of October

I have applied for industrial econ at Nottingham though, and there are less applicants so that may have affected my offer.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE's 3A*s 7As
    Predicted AAA -(abb last year)

I sent it on the 25th of October

I have applied for industrial econ at Nottingham though, and there are less applicants so that may have affected my offer.

Good Luck!
    Oh nvm thought it was pure econ. Congrats on your offer

ReputationRep:
    My application was sent this morning at 9AM and got an offer from Kent (ABB) at 6pm!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.