The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by StatusRed)
I'm no longer classifying myself as an atheist.
Why?
StatusRed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Why?
Because I no longer believe that there is no god.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because I no longer believe that there is no god.
Yes but what made you come to that view?
StatusRed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes but what made you come to that view?
People in my life and reading
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice to see some corporate responsibility from Nintendo with the CEO slashing his wage by 50% (albeit only for half a year) and the board also taking 20-30% pay cuts apparently.
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Nice to see some corporate responsibility from Nintendo with the CEO slashing his wage by 50% (albeit only for half a year) and the board also taking 20-30% pay cuts apparently.
That's what happens when Red and Green brothers work together in coalition!
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
That's what happens when Red and Green brothers work together in coalition!
Indeed, despite the usual parties dominating politics its interesting to see the communists actually in the mix in Japan.

EDIT: Makes me wonder if Mario is a commie those bros seem to take an awful lot of shroomage.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People in my life and reading
Very interesting. Before last year I didn't know anyone who'd gone from atheism to religion, although I now know a few who've come back to the Catholic Church (either from vague spiritualism or some small Christian grouping) since Francis became Pope. Is there any specific religion you're leaning towards, or do you just generally believe there is a God?
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
Indeed, despite the usual parties dominating politics its interesting to see the communists actually in the mix in Japan.

EDIT: Makes me wonder if Mario is a commie those bros seem to take an awful lot of shroomage.
Interesting indeed. Personally I think Mario is probably a Labour voter, for a commie he spends an awful lot of time saving royalty and acting out traditional gender roles!
StatusRed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very interesting. Before last year I didn't know anyone who'd gone from atheism to religion, although I now know a few who've come back to the Catholic Church (either from vague spiritualism or some small Christian grouping) since Francis became Pope. Is there any specific religion you're leaning towards, or do you just generally believe there is a God?
Islam
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Certainly an interesting religion to choose.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Islam
I wonder if this makes you our first Muslim MP?
StatusRed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Certainly an interesting religion to choose.
What makes you say that?

I wonder if this makes you our first Muslim MP?
I wouldn't call myself that yet..
Republic1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Islam
You say you now believe in a God, but what made you decide to become part of an organised religion?
StatusRed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Republic1)
You say you now believe in a God, but what made you decide to become part of an organised religion?
What I've read among other reasons.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What makes you say that?

I wouldn't call myself that yet..
Well it's just that it generally gets 'bad press' and is relatively out of step with western values.
StatusRed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well it's just that it generally gets 'bad press' and is relatively out of step with western values.
Hmm, showing some lack of understanding of the religion..
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmm, showing some lack of understanding of the religion..
Not really - being a rather oppressive religion towards women (partially borne out of sexism towards men as far as I can see) it's fairly at odds with modern attitudes towards women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
StatusRed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Not really - being a rather oppressive religion towards women (partially borne out of sexism towards men as far as I can see) it's fairly at odds with modern attitudes towards women.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup so again not understanding Islam and just spitting out what you've been told by the media.
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yup so again not understanding Islam and just spitting out what you've been told by the media.
Not at all, rather reading the Quran and seeing blatantly sexist verses such as:

"Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: The Prophet said "Isn't the witness of a woman equal to half that of a man?" the woman said "Yes". He said "this is due to the deficiency of a woman's mind""
Quran 2:282

As for the hijab as I alluded to - it is very much oppressive and victim blaming, with a bit of misandry chucked in. It treats men as sex-crazed monsters who defile people if they see uncovered flesh, it treats women as the property of their husband/father and it also blames women for being abused, because if they'd been covered up, it never would have happened, right? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (69)
75.82%
No (22)
24.18%

Watched Threads