Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyap)
    I only did AS
    oh yeah duhh it says so haha ...my bad Well done though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iambored)
    Not going to lie I am seriously depressed with my results...

Biology - A
    Chemistry - B
    Physics - B
    History - B

I also got 10 A*s at GCSE

I have been predicted AAA

Do you think I have a chance at going to Imperial, UCL, Oxford or Cambridge to do medicine? Or have my chances been ruined by my bad AS results??
    Firstly I would think abut getting some remarks, but if not then apply to UCL, don't give up.

I got ABBB at As level in Bio chem Maths & Economics but applied to UCL (for Law), got an offer and made it (A*AA).

Just make sure all the other aspects of your application e.g. Personal statement & reference are excellent. keep motivated and work harder at A2 and you will make it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 11, and in my AS Maths result, i got:
    Total ums - 204C
    C1 - 70b
    C2 - 61c
    S1 - 73b
    And I want to retake AS again, will university recognize that i retaken it and will it effect me finding a place in university?
    Or is it advisable not to retake it again in year 12?

ReputationRep:
    i just logged into resultsplusdirect and at the bottom of exam results page it says
    there are units that are not cashed in yet

http://prntscr.com/1lft5w

I have finished a2's why arent they cashed in

ReputationRep:
    I just logged into the resultsplusdirect and at the bottom of the page it says there are units that are not cashed in yet althought ive finished a2's why is that

ReputationRep:
    Hey, would anyone be able to help me? I got BBBC at AS Level, dropped the C but was wondering if applying to unis that want AAB would be worth it? I am also currently completing EPQ. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Welcome to the best university in the world!
    Ah, it feels great to finally be able to get excited about university!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desperation)
    I just logged into the resultsplusdirect and at the bottom of the page it says there are units that are not cashed in yet althought ive finished a2's why is that
    Contact your college and have them cash it in asap!

ReputationRep:
    i need help i got the worst grades possible , i want to do electronic engineering and i am in year 12 and was not expecting a U in maths or a E in business studies but did expect a U in accounting i don't know what to do if i should go college and do maths again and finish IT second year

maths U
    accounting U
    IT A*
    business studies E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Yes you can; but it'll require you to resit the papers, and will mean a lot more work. It certainly is doable if you knuckle down and work hard throughout the year
    thanks i definitely have a hard year ahead of me but I'm ready for the challenge

ReputationRep:
    Hi i am a 2nd year student at the uni of hull, if you have any questions about ANYTHING regarding uni/accomodation/nightlife feel free to ask me! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether this a good place to post this but anyway. I got a B (I was predicted an A/A*) overall in R.E but have decided to have remarked as one module was a D and that really didn't make sense although I did meet my offer. However, if my remark were to drop 18 marks and consequently leave me with a C overall would this have any impact on my uni offer-- my offer was AAB. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Can i apply to lse to read law with these AS results:
    Psychology. B 79%
    Sociology A 84%
    English Lit. B 72%
    History B 78%
    please help me, i was a ****ing ambitious about getting into Oxford to read history but ****ed up :-( because i got stressed in the exam room.
    i cant get i to durham to read history either, can I?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel trolled me on the way to school, a van called pearsons (not edexcel) went past me while I was waiting for a bus, I nearly died
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Edexcel trolled me on the way to school, a van called pearsons (not edexcel) went past me while I was waiting for a bus, I nearly died
    loooooool imagine if they handed you your results there and then on paper lmaooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desperation)
    What???!!!!
    You can access it???
    Shouldn't you be watching the circle spinning???!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got AAAB which I'm really pleased with. However, I want to drop maths which I got an A in rather than chemistry which I got the B in, seen as I prefer chemistry. I got 224 UMS which is 16 UMS off of the A, and I'm just wondering whether there is any possibility that my teacher could predict me an A - maybe even with a resit or something. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    Can i apply to lse to read law with these AS results:
    Psychology. B 79%
    Sociology A 84%
    English Lit. B 72%
    History B 78%
    please help me, i was a ****ing ambitious about getting into Oxford to read history but ****ed up :-( because i got stressed in the exam room.
    i cant get i to durham to read history either, can I?
    Possibly you might be able to get in. Although I very much doubt it. Why don't you try re-sitting some exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    loooooool imagine if they handed you your results there and then on paper lmaooo
    ahah, then they give them to me and they aren't actually my results, a troll within a troll and a dream trollception

ReputationRep:
    is it just me, or does anyone else not really care that much about results?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.