Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryMan)
    Hey guys, I'm getting kinda worried here. I've heard nothing yet and my UKCAT is 742.5. I've got 8As and 3Bs at the Irish GCSE equivalent. Do you think the cut off is above this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your UKCAT score probably would just meet the cut off, you see last year top ten percent UKCAT is 712.5 and cut off is 690, this year top ten percent is 760, so you might or might not meet the cut off

Kings also choose interview on GCSE A*s and therefore the fact that you have 0 A*s means you would be disadvantaged.

To be blatantly honest, your chances are not particularly high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georginaj94)
    Got invited to interview! Is it advisable to ask for a different date? I'm kinda scared to..
    May I know your stats please? Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonGreeky)
    Has anyone had a post offer interview this week? People have been given interviews but noone seems to have been given any offers since last Friday! Please correct me if I'm wrong!! C'moonnnnn King's!!!!
    yeah any offers guys?!?!??! getting sick of waiting already! :P

Holy crap, just got a message on the portal asking for certificates and passport to be scanned and uploaded, hopefully this means an offer is on the way :') And the application status has changed back to being processed for some reason :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon_sherbert123)
    Have you heard any non kings grads getting a100 interviews just I haven't seen any yet so maybe we are in a batch
    If I remember correctly, some grads did get called for interview back in December but I think they're current students at Kings.... :/ I don't know! Maybe you are right. Although I wouldn't know which category they'd place me in. Grad or international? :P

Also, does anyone know how they shortlist for interviews? I get the feeling it's not entirely based on the UKCAT/academics. Also, is it true that the earlier your interview is, the better chance you have at getting an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fadytousa)
    May I know your stats please? Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in France but have UK passport.
    I got 772.5 UKCAT and did the IB I got 39/45 points.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is it an essay or a questionnaire? In my information about the interview it says I will be completing a questionnaire...
    I'm confused

Guys, is it an essay or a questionnaire? In my information about the interview it says I will be completing a questionnaire...
    I'm confused
    There's two parts. An essay you have to write on a certain topic, and an ethics question that they will ask you to talk about in the interview. You are advised to spend about half your time on each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Δεφιαντ1)
    There's two parts. An essay you have to write on a certain topic, and an ethics question that they will ask you to talk about in the interview. You are advised to spend about half your time on each
    ahh so why does my interview information from king's say questionnaire they're so confusing!! thank you

ReputationRep:
    Holy crap, just got a message on the portal asking for certificates and passport to be scanned and uploaded, hopefully this means an offer is on the way :') And the application status has changed back to being processed for some reason :P
    Nice! Did you upload your certificates before the interview?

ahh so why does my interview information from king's say questionnaire they're so confusing!! thank you
    Well they might have changed it because apparently someone leaked their ethics question. I had my interview back in early december, so what I had to do may be different - I know thats not very helpful :P Dont worry about the essay, its only used in borderline cases between two applicants with the same interview score. Just focus on the interview and make sure you've thought about your ethics question/naire so you can tak about it (you're allowed to bring in notes as well btw)

(Original post by TheRedPineapple)
    Nice! Did you upload your certificates before the interview?
    Kinda - I've also applied to kings for biomed, which uses the same portal. The biomed admin asked for my certificates, so i uploaded them and at my interview said i'd uploaded my certificates, but apparrently the medicine team cant look at my other application so needed them sent again. Probably why its taking so long :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonGreeky)
    Has anyone had a post offer interview this week? People have been given interviews but noone seems to have been given any offers since last Friday! Please correct me if I'm wrong!! C'moonnnnn King's!!!!
    I got an offer yesterday! My interview was December 4th if anyone's interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yolo_kevin)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats what sort of time did you receive the offer ? Will you be firming,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAli786)
    Congrats what sort of time did you receive the offer ? Will you be firming,
    Thanks it was about half 5. Well I'm going to wait until March when Newcastle and Durham make their decisions, it's just a relief knowing I'm going somewhere. Can finally enjoy my gap year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done!!! Is kings your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!! Is kings your first choice?
    Gracias no it's actually my 3rd choice after Newcastle/Durham but I'm not very confident those interviews went well and I'd be more thank happy to go to kings. When did you have your interview? Hope it went well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gracias no it's actually my 3rd choice after Newcastle/Durham but I'm not very confident those interviews went well and I'd be more thank happy to go to kings. When did you have your interview? Hope it went well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    9th of December. I didn't do great, but it went better than my Newcastle interview - I preferred the more relaxed/conversational style

ReputationRep:
    9th of December. I didn't do great, but it went better than my Newcastle interview - I preferred the more relaxed/conversational style
    Aww well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you same, I wasn't actually expecting Newcastle to be like that and I didn't even manage to talk about any work experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemon_sherbert123)
    Have you heard any non kings grads getting a100 interviews just I haven't seen any yet so maybe we are in a batch
    I think you're right; only Kings grads have had interviews (via their internal selection process). I hope the rest of us grads hear something soon! Where else have you applied?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.