Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh i got an interview on Wednesday and have barley prepared! We've had our chemistry and bio practicals all this week and the next ( i'm so worried about the interview I really wanna get an offer! Does anyone have any advice on how i should prepare?? especially regarding the article!
    Any advice appreciated! Thanks in advance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Thank you so much for your help and advice! I wish you all the best, and yes hopefully I will see you in Sept if I get through this ..
    1 last question if you don't mind, you said that I should link the article to stuff in my work experience, the subject of the article they sent me has NOTHING to do with my work experience, I have done an essay (as part of a competition) about a similar topic in the past so could I link it to that instead of strictly linking it to my work experience?
    I have this problem too besides the obvious thing that that could happen!

ReputationRep:
    What are the girls wearing for the interview?

Do you think a blazer is a must? Or a cardigan will suffice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marisa-chan)
    What are the girls wearing for the interview?

Do you think a blazer is a must? Or a cardigan will suffice?
    I wore a pant suit to mine, if in doubt I'd always go with the smarter option, better to look sharper than everyone else than a bum

*EDIT*... not that a cardigan would make you look like a bum...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakRob)
    Anyone got an interview tomorrow?
    Me! What times yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWiggles)
    When do people think the next batch of interviews are being sent out? (For A100, still yet to hear anything, UCAS tariff (480, 3 A* at A2 1 A at AS), UKCAT 785). I dont understand how I havent been rejected as people with higher tariffs and UCKATs have been, any ideas?
    I THINK (can only speculate) this is the order of interview offers given out starting from earliest to latest: International, graduates, highest tariff A-Level students to lowest. Just sit tight and wait and stop making assumptions that you will get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ke299)
    Me! What times yours?
    13:30 , what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    I THINK (can only speculate) this is the order of interview offers given out starting from earliest to latest: International, graduates, highest tariff A-Level students to lowest. Just sit tight and wait and stop making assumptions that you will get rejected.
    Na I think its Internationals then Gap year students then A level/IB students in February.

ReputationRep:
    How long should we spend discussing the article? ive prepared 3 points for and 3 pointa against but I end up talking for like 10mins im worried they're gna get bored

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Na I think its Internationals then Gap year students then A level/IB students in February.
    The internationals with interviews in early January reside in Asia so they had theirs in Malaysia. I secretly hope your theory isn't correct because I'm international and I'm still waiting to hear back! :P

P.S Good luck to all those with interviews this week!! Rock them.

ReputationRep:
    How long should we spend discussing the article? ive prepared 3 points for and 3 pointa against but I end up talking for like 10mins im worried they're gna get bored

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol thats a gd thing no?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah! Im worried about this because I have a lot to say D:

ReputationRep:
    always better to say more than less. no use worrying anw. worrying now will cause u to get more jitters before the int.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huatah)
    always better to say more than less. no use worrying anw. worrying now will cause u to get more jitters before the int.
    Yeah so true! Im trying to relax but its hard

ReputationRep:
    lol thats a gd thing no?
    I'm just worried they're going to get bored of me talking and talking, plus the whole interview is 15-20mins

ReputationRep:
    I'm just worried they're going to get bored of me talking and talking, plus the whole interview is 15-20mins
    lol whats up with that negativity.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly but don't think too hard about it man, let it come out naturally and see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    just think as an international student yr r lucky to be competing for the 200 + places instead of the approx 26+ places. mathematical odds favour your all so have more belief that u can get in.

if u dont believe u r good enough, others will not be convinced that you r good enough.

without trying, success cannot be achieved, so u must have confidence n try.

ReputationRep:
    just think as an international student yr r lucky to be competing for the 200 + places instead of the approx 26+ places. mathematical odds favour your all so have more belief that u can get in.

if u dont believe u r good enough, others will not be convinced that you r good enough.

without trying, success cannot be achieved, so u must have confidence n try.
    Yeah i guess you're right, thank you for the motivation! I'm actually a home student btw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.