Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The idea of Federer losing to Ferrer is pretty lulz-worthy - he's practically already won the match since Ferrer mentally concedes matches against the top 4 beforehand. Federer should retire if he loses this match in all honesty. Ferrer is a pathetic mental midget against big players.

USO is seriously up for grabs with Nadal's status up in the air, Djokovic's inexplicable collapse recently, and Murray still sucking. Federer has got a real shot here though the safe favourite is Djokovic as usual. If Nadal returns healthy (which I expect him to do), I think it's his to lose.

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer never gets any respect, not saying he will win, but most guys could learn a lot from his attitude - particularly the young generation of potential flops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Ferrer never gets any respect, not saying he will win, but most guys could learn a lot from his attitude - particularly the young generation of potential flops.
    Aye. The list of people who maximize their potential is far shorter than the list of people who waste their talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Guys could certainly learn from his attitude against lesser players since he's made a whole career of grinding through them, but his defeatest attitude against the big 4 is not something to be emulated if we want a good generation of new players.

ReputationRep:
    Ferrer has had success against Murray and Djokovic in the past, so he is not to be taken lightly anyway. He's had more trouble against Fedal - presumably he just doesn't have enough weapons to hurt them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    Ferrer has had success against Murray and Djokovic in the past, so he is not to be taken lightly anyway. He's had more trouble against Fedal - presumably he just doesn't have enough weapons to hurt them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    A bit like Hewitt I think he's great but lacks height, stamina and strength.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    A bit like Hewitt I think he's great but lacks height, stamina and strength.
    I agree on the height point, but Rafa himself has said David is one of the fittest and strongest guys on tour. Hard work, grinding out wins, etc. are his forte it appears
    He's come close in the Slams before - defo a great fighter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    I agree on the height point, but Rafa himself has said David is one of the fittest and strongest guys on tour. Hard work, grinding out wins, etc. are his forte it appears
    He's come close in the Slams before - defo a great fighter
    When i talk of stamina i'm talking of the four hour plus duels which you need to survive to take the slams these days. Del Potro at Wimbledon being an example of somebody who was defeated by a lack of staying power in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what time they're playing tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WriterOfWrongs)
    Anyone know what time they're playing tonight?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It just started a couple of minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    It just started a couple of minutes ago.
    Thanks, I just found the live score on bbc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****. Ferrer up 5-0 in the second set!

When was the last time Fed lost a set 6-0?

Edit: Question answered - French Open 2008 final against Nadal. Thank you Sky Sports!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyJ)
    Holy ****. Ferrer up 5-0 in the second set!
    Are you watching?! What's the score down to? Poor from fed or good from ferrer? Or both?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you watching?! What's the score down to? Poor from fed or good from ferrer? Or both?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fed was playing really well in the first set (took it 6-3), and almost broke Ferrer in the first game of the second set.

Fed just held his serve for the first time this set, so it's now 6-1.

Ferrer now serving for the set. He's just on fire atm, but could just as easily crumble, if Roger manages to break this set - even just once.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Federer was playing great in the first game of the second set and had four break points. He got too complacent though and blew them all. After that his game just went completely and utterly AWOL.

Basically, he tried to piss about on his break points thinking that he already had the match and now he's paying for it big time.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Ferrer takes the second set 6-1. Didn't see that coming! Not such a mental midget, so far!

ReputationRep:
    Fed is done winning titles if he can't beat a guy who he has a 15-0 H2H over. Taking Djokovic's finals choking to a whole different level. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Phew! Federer what were you doing in the second set? You don't S&V on every point against one of the best returners of the game? You are not Pete Sampras and neither do the current conditions allow you to play that way every point. Was a point away from taking a bagel. This guy is such a troll.

Anyways, finally Federer wins a big title. His 6th Cincy title. Another one of his hunting grounds. Something for us Federer fans to cheer about at last. Great season so far for the 33 year old. He has a decent chance at the US Open.

ReputationRep:
    My happiest day as a tennis fan since Wimby 2012. Lol, I'm such a fanboy but I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    He's done it! Congrats Federer! :woo: He needed this win.

But Ferrer was playing out of his mind in the second set, I feel for him, especially since that makes his record with Fed 0/16

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.