Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It was a good paper in general, but there were a few "iffy" questions. Like was the experiment in a greenhouse closed loop or open looped? And what conclusions could you make about the two people in the diabetes question? The last 6 marker at the time was dodgy because there was barely any science you could include? Hopefully I did enough for an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scepticism)
    It asked about how tissue fluid was formed, and why is it essential I believe..

And naming the process it carries out - Diffusion

ReputationRep:
    Was the answer for that Open Loop system? PLEASE TELL ME IT WAS.. crossed out closed loop as you'd require water..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    It was a good paper in general, but there were a few "iffy" questions. Like was the experiment in a greenhouse closed loop or open looped? And what conclusions could you make about the two people in the diabetes question? The last 6 marker at the time was dodgy because there was barely any science you could include? Hopefully I did enough for an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There was a diabetes question?!

ReputationRep:
    Was the boys experiment closed loop or open loop and what did you write about the seed production and whom was right or wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishhy34)
    Was the boys experiment closed loop or open loop and what did you write about the seed production and whom was right or wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote open loop becuase the glass house get it's sunlight from outside ecosystem which means it isn't a close loop system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzyT17)
    There was a diabetes question?!
    No, Whoops! It was about glucose levels but for some reason I immediately thought of diabetes lol

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the 2014 mock specimen paper for C7?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    No, Whoops! It was about glucose levels but for some reason I immediately thought of diabetes lol
    Oh I got worried for bit then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corporal)
    I wrote open loop becuase the glass house get it's sunlight from outside ecosystem which means it isn't a close loop system
    Oh I remember spending a few minutes on that question alone, I kept changing my mind! I was running low on time so I skipped it. Right at the end I came back to it, guessed closed loop and completely waffled aha it was only two marks I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote open because he would have to put the fertiliser in in the first place to see the difference :s i dont know though

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure there wasn't one?

Wasn't the one where patient B had a high level show that is pancreas wasn't producing enough insulin (diabetic)

ReputationRep:
    I put open loop because he added an input (fertiliser) but no outputs balanced it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JazzyT17)
    Yeah I don't think it is negative feedback because processing centre effector that sort of stuff isn't B7 unless it's related to body temperature but you never know they may be right How many marks was it?
    It has about negative feedback in my Collins revision guide for B7, it can be linked to many different things in biology

ReputationRep:
    I wrote one point for open loop (organic matter like leaves arn't recycled into the system) and one for closed loop (waste from respiration will be used for photosynthesis and vice-versa so it is recycled back) is this ok?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    I put open loop because he added an input (fertiliser) but no outputs balanced it
    I put this too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC08)
    I put this too
    Yay! More chance of getting it right now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scepticism)
    Are you sure there wasn't one?

Wasn't the one where patient B had a high level show that is pancreas wasn't producing enough insulin (diabetic)
    I'm not completely sure, I remember one person had high glucose levels so I guessed that perhaps he was diabetic because his body wasn't producing enough insulin. I also put down he's more likely to be overweight and have a poor diet.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!

He also had a higher starting sugar level..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corporal)
    i wrote close loop

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.