Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Depends how you define 'best', as in overall? I cannot answer that question but just through world reputation I'd say these are some of the best if not the best : Harvard, Cambridge, MIT, Stanford, LSE
    Thanks. Maybe I should have been clearer. By best I mean the most prestigious and highly regarded for job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economics96)
    Thanks. Maybe I should have been clearer. By best I mean the most prestigious and highly regarded for job prospects.
    Tbh all the universities listed above are highly prestigious and I highly doubt graduates from any of these universities are struggling to find employment . However just through personal preference I'd say Harvard is the most prestigious and also because of its impressive list of famous alumni

ReputationRep:
    Mine is similar ..... A star in maths a year early and an a in fm too..one short of a star....Bristol offered Asia for em and law astaraa....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bristol aaa lse the latter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sick results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok so what does everyone believe are the best universities for economics in the world? Regardless of world league tables do you reckon Harvard/Princeton/Stanford are better than the likes of Cambridge/LSE/ Oxford????
    Bedfordshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flather)
    Bedfordshire
    I heard Bedfordshire is tipped to beat Harvard to the number 1 spot on the world rankings this year......

ReputationRep:
    Tbh all the universities listed above are highly prestigious and I highly doubt graduates from any of these universities are struggling to find employment . However just through personal preference I'd say Harvard is the most prestigious and also because of its impressive list of famous alumni
    Thanks again. final question, do you reckon Harvard/Princeton/Yale/Stanford are more mathsy than the likes of Cambridge/LSE???

ReputationRep:
    Thanks again. final question, do you reckon Harvard/Princeton/Yale/Stanford are more mathsy than the likes of Cambridge/LSE???
    For Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Stanford I have no idea how tough the maths is as I haven't researched the economics courses for those universities, however I'd assume they are on the same level as Cambridge & LSE. I know the maths involved at LSE can be challenging as my sister is attending there

ReputationRep:
    For Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Stanford I have no idea how tough the maths is as I haven't researched the economics courses for those universities, however I'd assume they are on the same level as Cambridge & LSE. I know the maths involved at LSE can be challenging as my sister is attending there
    Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    I'm sure Churchill would appreciate you not sharing their admissions procedure. It is unfair on students who, like yourself, have done the interview and advantages students yet to interview.
    I appreciate that. Thank you for sharing your view. You are in fact quite right. I was just trying to share my experiences and potentially put other students at ease, applying to Cambridge can be nerve racking and the interview process is particularly so. Thats part of the reason as to why this site exists. I can assure you though, that the playing field is indeed still level - there is no perfect formula for a Cambridge interview, it is in their nature to be difficult and they require students to think outside the box. Most of what I've said is available to all students online anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying, just out of curiosity what makes Cambridge & LSE that bit better than Princeton and Stanford????
    Cambridge and LSE have better departments for econ - though Princeton's is better than stanfords as far as i'm aware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Cambridge and LSE have better departments for econ - though Princeton's is better than stanfords as far as i'm aware
    What are you talking about, neither of them comes close to Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Chicago etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daltohn)
    What are you talking about, neither of them comes close to Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, Chicago etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well the original poster didn't talk of MIT or Chicago and employer rep for lse and cam is v good. sorry you don't agree with my opinion hahaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daltohn)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Y

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there has been a lot of Game Theory so far in PPE Interviews

Has anyone come across any web pages with lots of practise interview style game theory questions?

Any help is appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    is Nottingham a good university for economics? need advice and opinions please got an A*AA offer.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got an interview at King's Cambridge on Friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamc1997)
    anyone else got an interview at King's Cambridge on Friday?
    Mine's tomorrow! Stressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahtetteh)
    Mine's tomorrow! Stressing
    ahhhhhhhh! where abouts you coming from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.