700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popolo)
    But http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_Ratios shows (well for 2013 entry anyway) that SG has the lowest offer to interview ratio along with Oxford?
    also, just to add to that, I remember the admissions lady saying that they give out ~500 offers, not the 180 listed on that page? Huge disparity between these numbers, I'm not sure where TSR has got that figure from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieTattum)
    Hey guys theres a group on FB set up for all of us! Thought I'd share the link...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/921433177869234/
    Hi,

We have already got a group set up with quite a few members joined here:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1615724618658011

Anybody who wants to join, just go on the link.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hukdealz)
    also, just to add to that, I remember the admissions lady saying that they give out ~500 offers, not the 180 listed on that page? Huge disparity between these numbers, I'm not sure where TSR has got that figure from.
    I have no idea where that figure cAme from (could be the number of applicants they interview)? But this is the FOI response from SG for 2013 entry stating there were 470 interviews with 185 of those being offered a place ~ 1:2.54 ratio so you can't have done as badly as you thought!

http://www.sgul.ac.uk/images/foi/201...2-2013-061.pdf

It is also by no means the least competitive med school with 6 applicants per offer (higher than Imp and Cambridge I think)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the waiting list candidates would be able to know their position on the waiting list?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slsgt3)
    Does anyone know when the waiting list candidates would be able to know their position on the waiting list?
    I don't think they tell you your exact position on the list, but it's done in order of UKCAT, so the higher UKCAT score you have the higher up on the waiting list you will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,
    just wanted to ask, should summer schools (med related) be included in the work experience form? especially if I've written about it in my ps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karimaa)
    hey guys,
    just wanted to ask, should summer schools (med related) be included in the work experience form? especially if I've written about it in my ps.
    you've answered your own question.

it's not work experience, so the answer is no

hth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah.B.S.A)
    My interview's also not until April When abouts in April is yours?
    And I think offers are based mainly on interview score so even though we're late in the process, if we ended up with an amazing score surely they couldn't reject us. Well... hopefully anyways.

It on the 10th how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popolo)
    But http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...etition_Ratios shows (well for 2013 entry anyway) that SG has the lowest offer to interview ratio along with Oxford?

They increased the intake to 175 I think. That explains the difference in the number of offers given

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think the 'waiting list' system is to bodge the stats. Including the waiting list, I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 75-80% mark
    How so?
    If someone gets an offer this will come up on track. If this person then declines it, the offer is given to the person on the waiting list and it comes up on their track. So it comes on track twice ... So 2 people got the offer.

I don't see how the waiting list effects it too much

Also I think more people from TSR are declining their offers/interviewes because SGs isn't their firm and they have offers from elsewhere. The average TSR medic isn't the average medic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    How so?
    If someone gets an offer this will come up on track. If this person then declines it, the offer is given to the person on the waiting list and it comes up on their track. So it comes on track twice ... So 2 people got the offer.

I don't see how the waiting list effects it too much

Also I think more people from TSR are declining their offers/interviewes because SGs isn't their firm and they have offers from elsewhere. The average TSR medic isn't the average medic.
    I highly doubt they count offers from the waiting list as official offers in their stats, because they are actually handed out later. So if someone declines their offer, this offer is still counted. But because the person on the waiting list doesn't find out until later in the year whether or not they have an offer or not, it doesn't count as 'official' as I believe it's not done through ucas.

as for the second point, idk, but the general consensus from what I've heard from friends is that they are turning down SGUL in favour of other universities. In fact, SGUL is my only offer so far, and if I don't get any more, I'm seriously considering taking a gap year and reapplying.

ReputationRep:
    They increased the intake to 175 I think. That explains the difference in the number of offers given
    Ahh I see, surely still not 500 offer though

I highly doubt they count offers from the waiting list as official offers in their stats, because they are actually handed out later. So if someone declines their offer, this offer is still counted. But because the person on the waiting list doesn't find out until later in the year whether or not they have an offer or not, it doesn't count as 'official' as I believe it's not done through ucas.

as for the second point, idk, but the general consensus from what I've heard from friends is that they are turning down SGUL in favour of other universities. In fact, SGUL is my only offer so far, and if I don't get any more, I'm seriously considering taking a gap year and reapplying.
    They do come on track if someone gets an offer - no decision comes through on track whilst an applicant is on the waiting list! The stats also comes after end of the application cycle, meaning all offers are accounted for, both for those on and off the list.

Funny that, I've turned down other places for SG.

ReputationRep:

You can't go to uni if it doesn't come up on track

I am waiting on barts atm but Idk why because I will be firming SGs... I will probably decline them and just firm if I don't here back soon

It's all a matter of opinion though

ReputationRep:
    You can't go to uni if it doesn't come up on track

I am waiting on barts atm but Idk why because I will be firming SGs... I will probably decline them and just firm if I don't here back soon

It's all a matter of opinion though
    I genuinely curious why you prefer SGUL to QMUL, I feel like I'm missing something!

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely curious why you prefer SGUL to QMUL, I feel like I'm missing something!
    When I went to barts I got the feeling of 'I can see myself going here'
    When I went to SGs I got the feeling of 'I want to go here'
    That's a massive difference for me

I didn't go to any open days to any of the unis I went to btw and I only applied to unis that I would get interviews at

ReputationRep:
    What are the pros and cons of st. georges? I wonder why so many people withdraw

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'I think' a lot of people withdrew last year becaus SGs was ranked last on 2 leuge tables (on the complete university guide and the gaurdian?)

But leugue tables aren't that reliable. Currently on TCUG no university is ranked below 93/100 for medicine and a difference of 0.5 can move you up 7 places

I'm not sure why this year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not russell group
    limited to medical related courses
    not the most glamorous part of london
    doesnt have a great reputation, not well known
    low ranking

- these are possible reasons people might say.

ReputationRep:

Would not advise turning down an offer for medicine. Its incredibly hard to get one in the first place. Medicine is medicine, at the end of the day everyone becomes a doctor. It doesn't matter where you go. SGUL is a great uni, tbh any medical course has to be great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else who had an interview on 6th Feb not heard back yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.