The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Recently went and visited Manchester Business School, found it pretty small and not much innovative. Students there didn't look much like business students and I am not sure which ranking to believe. Is manchester business school that good at undergrad to be just under warwick and bath or is it a medium-high uni for business just like loughborough and aston? ( not trying to seem snobbish or undermining the uni, just that i'm from spain and we've got ESADE business school here. Not sure which one to choose).

Can anyone prove me wrong and give me a better view of what MBS is like?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Firmed Manchester for Law :]
Reply 1982
Original post by Radville
Its a crazy question and probably imposible, but i'll risk asking: is it posible to transfer from MBS to Biomedical sciences?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can try emailing them as soon as possible, personally not sure it will work but you got nothing to lose, good luck
Original post by OmarZ
You can try emailing them as soon as possible, personally not sure it will work but you got nothing to lose, good luck

Long time no see:biggrin: decided to leave it as it is:smile: (hope i wont regret it:biggrin:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1984
Will be studying Politics and Sociology, anyone else?
Reply 1985
i got an offer on Science with an Intergrated foundation year!
anyone else with the same offer?!
Original post by xaBu
i got an offer on Science with an Intergrated foundation year!
anyone else with the same offer?!

What grades do you have to get to make the offer? Because I'm thinking of applying for this course in September?
Original post by Jadoreidior
What grades do you have to get to make the offer? Because I'm thinking of applying for this course in September?

The admissions staff consider each application on its individual merits so offers can vary widely between different people. Any offer you get won't neccessarily be the same, or even similar, to those of other applicants.

You can find some general guidelines on the course page. They usually ask for BBC in relevant A-level subjects or ABB if your subjects aren't maths or science based.
Reply 1988
Original post by Jadoreidior

i showed them my grades from year 11 i had average of 8 out of 10 scale in all subjects.
and predicted grades for this year. conditions of my offer are: minimum 5.5 in IELTS in every component and minimum 9 out of 10 in maths. i already have 10. now i only have ielts exam left which is at 30th this month...
i am british citizen but i live and study in georgia so thats why they asked for ielts.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by VincentFernandes
Hi, is anybody doing English Language?

Bit late to reply but I've put English Language as my firm choice :smile:
Reply 1990
Original post by szm95
Will be studying Politics and Sociology, anyone else?

I'm doing straight sociology :smile:))
I firmed Manchester for PPE, has anyone else??

I need AAB, but I'm worried I'm gonna miss one of the A's, and I have no idea how lenient Manchester is about getting the grades....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed international business, finance and economics. Anyone else?
Original post by JellyCat99
I firmed Manchester for PPE, has anyone else??

I need AAB, but I'm worried I'm gonna miss one of the A's, and I have no idea how lenient Manchester is about getting the grades....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard that if you firm them they would still let you in if you miss your requirement by one grade, so in your case you can still make it with ABB, but that also depends on how many open spots they have after everyone got their results.
Got a place for Accounting and Finance. Hopefully my second try at Uni works out better than my first.
Original post by aaronkular
Firmed international business, finance and economics. Anyone else?

Yeah I have! Are you doing the year in industry?
Has anyone tried to set up their Manchester student email on their mobile device like an iPhone? I've tried following their guide on the website, but I cannot get it to work for some reason.
Original post by bloodoranges
Has anyone tried to set up their Manchester student email on their mobile device like an iPhone? I've tried following their guide on the website, but I cannot get it to work for some reason.

Never bothered to be honest with you - I just set it all up to auto-forward to my gmail account and then I never logged back in again.
Original post by Origami Bullets
Never bothered to be honest with you - I just set it all up to auto-forward to my gmail account and then I never logged back in again.

Never thought about doing that, thanks!
Reply 1999
hello guys

i ve got an offer from manchester. my condition is AAA. i m taking four subjects this year. my question is even if i meet AAA and score a C or a D in fourth subject will my assessment by uni be affected in a negative way?

thankx

Latest

Trending

Trending