(Original post by Obiejess)
    Woo me too, might go for law though .

I'm going to do:

Maths
    Biology
    Chemistry
    History

But I'm good at maths

Don't do a subject at A Level unless you enjoy it. Maths is a difficult subject and if you don't like it you qon't be motivated enough to succeed.

Do something you enjoy instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I was thinking of either Biology, Chemistry, History and English Lit OR Computing OR Pshycology. But the better I'm getting at math, the more I'm enjoying it, and I love how I really struggled and was a D grade in Year 10, C by the end of Year 10, and now I'm almost a B grade, so I'm finding it easier which is really boosting my happiness and confidence, but I'm still worried about taking it as an AS because it's so difficult. I know it's highly useful for getting into good universities for Biochemistry though. :confused: Really don't know what to do...
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Seeyousoon)
    Yeah, I was thinking of either Biology, Chemistry, History and English Lit OR Computing OR Pshycology. But the better I'm getting at math, the more I'm enjoying it, and I love how I really struggled and was a D grade in Year 10, C by the end of Year 10, and now I'm almost a B grade, so I'm finding it easier which is really boosting my happiness and confidence, but I'm still worried about taking it as an AS because it's so difficult. I know it's highly useful for getting into good universities for Biochemistry though. :confused: Really don't know what to do...
    Seriously don't do it.

An A in Eng Lit is going to be more useful to you than an E in Maths.

I'd personally go for English.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seriously don't do it.

An A in Eng Lit is going to be more useful to you than an E in Maths.

I'd personally go for English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I might do. I just don't want to regret my choices; because I absolutely love the Biochemistry course and I'm determined to get onto it right now. I don't want to take History and English and then regret taking them because I got 5 rejections on the course.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Yeah I might do. I just don't want to regret my choices; because I absolutely love the Biochemistry course and I'm determined to get onto it right now. I don't want to take History and English and then regret taking them because I got 5 rejections on the course.
    UCL only want Chem + Another subject

You won't get rejections.
    Why not physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    UCL only want Chem + Another subject

You won't get rejections.
    Why not physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chem + Bio will hopefully do me fine, but what about the mathematical content in the Biochemistry course? I'm worried about that, although I do have a keen interest in the course and hopefully I'll find it a bit easier and be able to compose a list of things I need to work on so I don't get tripped up too much.

My brother took physics and hated it; and recently I'm not enjoying it at GCSE, so I feel I wouldn't enjoy it at AS/A2.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Chem + Bio will hopefully do me fine, but what about the mathematical content in the Biochemistry course? I'm worried about that, although I do have a keen interest in the course and hopefully I'll find it a bit easier and be able to compose a list of things I need to work on so I don't get tripped up too much.

My brother took physics and hated it; and recently I'm not enjoying it at GCSE, so I feel I wouldn't enjoy it at AS/A2.
    I think you'll be fine, more than likely because you'll be studying it in a biochemical context.

Fair enough - stop stressing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll be fine, more than likely because you'll be studying it in a biochemical context.

Fair enough - stop stressing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha will do! I'm so determined to get out of school, I'm so bored with it and I hate it - I have a terrible time socially - so I want to make sure I'm doing well academically so I can get out of here.

ReputationRep:
    Haha will do! I'm so determined to get out of school, I'm so bored with it and I hate it - I have a terrible time socially - so I want to make sure I'm doing well academically so I can get out of here.
    I hate school too😬 what are you planning on doing afterwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ey up, #endOfsted is trending on Twitter. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiera28)
    I hate school too what are you planning on doing afterwards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Get good GCSE grades, get some good A levels at a decent sixth form, get onto the degree course I want to do and study/live far far far away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Hmm... Is there actually any reason behind this? Or are people generally just sick of them.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    At my school our lessons are 40 minutes but our ICT sessions are double lessons, so we end up having two 1hr 20 mins lessons a week. In the exam we have to design a website.

Our teacher wants us to come into school during half term so we can practice; I'm on holiday on both the days that they're holding these sessions though so after half term he wants me to stay behind after school on a Friday to practice

Do you have your mocks coming up soon?
    Oh okay! There is a kit of variation in schools' lesson times. I thought 1 hour was common! That actually sounds like fun. Except for maybe the time pressure etc. Do you have to do it Dreamweaver though?

Really? Wow. O_o Are you going for them? ^_^

I'm not sure if mine are in January or Summer. I'm in Year 10 btw. I keep forgetting to ask! I will do so tomorrow.

(Original post by vd12345)
    i don't know! im still confused. We did ordinary and extraordinary in year 10, and my theme was basketball.
    Will you ask? So many different things in the subject. Ah okay! Good luck anyway!

... You like basketball? :colone:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Oh okay! There is a kit of variation in schools' lesson times. I thought 1 hour was common! That actually sounds like fun. Except for maybe the time pressure etc. Do you have to do it Dreamweaver though?

I'm not sure if mine are in January or Summer. I'm in Year 10 btw. I keep forgetting to ask! I will do so tomorrow.

Will you ask? So many different things in the subject. Ah okay! Good luck anyway!

... You like basketball? :colone:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes I love basketball you too I suppose?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I know I'm helping trend it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'm not sure if mine are in January or Summer. I'm in Year 10 btw. I keep forgetting to ask! I will do so tomorrow. Posted from TSR Mobile
    At my friend's school they have 1 hour lessons too, I think it is more common than 40 minutes. We've been practicing in class and it doesn't seem too bad Yep, we're using Dreamweaver.

I might go if I'm struggling and if there are other people there. I don't want to be the only one there with my teacher haha! It's really annoying that it's on a Friday though :mad:

Oh yeah, I think the Year 10 mocks are usually in the summer; mine were anyway. What subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... Is there actually any reason behind this? Or are people generally just sick of them.
    I think it was organised by group of teachers or something. It's true though, Ofsted just puts unnecessary pressure on our teachers and wastes their time making them do things which are not to help us but to help the schools Ofsted report.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Guys, I won't reply after this. I'm want to sleep. Goodnight!

(Original post by vd12345)
    yes I love basketball you too I suppose?
    Yes I do! What position do you play?

(Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    At my friend's school they have 1 hour lessons too, I think it is more common than 40 minutes. We've been practicing in class and it doesn't seem too bad Yep, we're using Dreamweaver.

I might go if I'm struggling and if there are other people there. I don't want to be the only one there with my teacher haha! It's really annoying that it's on a Friday though :mad:

Oh yeah, I think the Year 10 mocks are usually in the summer; mine were anyway. What subjects are you doing?
    Yeah, I was going to say. Other than 1 hour lessons in my area I've seen 50mins one. That's it with any variations! Oh okay! Do you get a brief or any time to plan before?

That might be a little awkward. :mmm: It could be beneficial but it depends on you! It does sound very annoying + your mind might be focussed as much on IT on a Friday. :/

I have a little while then! We have quick a lot going on in summer though. Ooh. D:

To save myself writing it out again, it's on the OP ^_^ - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2799031 Wbu?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yeah, I was going to say. Other than 1 hour lessons in my area I've seen 50mins one. That's it with any variations! Oh okay! Do you get a brief or any time to plan before?

That might be a little awkward. :mmm: It could be beneficial but it depends on you! It does sound very annoying + your mind might be focussed as much on IT on a Friday. :/

I have a little while then! We have quick a lot going on in summer though. Ooh. D:

To save myself writing it out again, it's on the OP ^_^ - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2799031 Wbu?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I use to be a post player, but I stopped playing basketball. Wbu?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're given a brief but I don't think we have any time to plan beforehand

Haha true, I think it would be good if there was only one other person there with me; then I would still get a lot of help without too much awkwardness I know, the same thing happened to me last year when I was forced into an after school Biology session - it wasn't on a Friday but it was just before the end of the school year so I just couldn't focus and didn't learn a thing

Ah cool I do English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Double Science, ICT, Psychology, Spanish and R.S. I'm starting to wish I had chosen History instead of ICT now...I wanted to do both but I couldn't

Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else on half term yet? I am; this first half of term went so quickly for me, even though it's the longest half of term in the whole school year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.