Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Now I've done a fair few papers in the past few days (Mixture of Solomon and Edexcel series). My question to everyone is: should I do another paper on the morning before the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    anyone june 13R QUESTION 4B PLEASE??
    Take out a factor of 1000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fvthoms)
    Now I've done a fair few papers in the past few days (Mixture of Solomon and Edexcel series). My question to everyone is: should I do another paper on the morning before the exam?
    I am but it's up to you

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm a bit confused about June 2013 8b, please some help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adorablegirl1202)
    Guys I'm a bit confused about June 2013 8b, please some help?
    http://www.examsolutions.net/a-level...8&solution=8.2

ReputationRep:
    Can you leave vectors in column form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MasonPye)
    Can you leave vectors in column form?
    Yes, I normally do.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on drawing diagrams for vectors questions I just cant picture the diagram right sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Good luck all.

We got this. Don't stress.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudl)
    Any tips on drawing diagrams for vectors questions I just cant picture the diagram right sometimes
    This may sound a bit obvious but make sure you use all the information you've been given, eg in earlier parts of the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fvthoms)
    I'm not sure - personally, I'm planning to do an easy-ish paper this morning just to get myself in the swing of things, whilst not overburdening myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V0ldemort17)
    Haha I had the same panic yesterday 😁

Btw guys which volumes do we need to know for core 4? Cylinder,cone...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope they're all given but 4/3pi r^3 for sphere, 1/3 base area x height for cones/pyramids and base area x height for cylinders/prisms covers pretty much everything anyway and it's not too bad to learn

ReputationRep:
    If i end up in a situation like this do i just follow through and if i got a negative answer, change to positive because its an area?Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434438051.053476.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  167.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xy0mz)
    If i end up in a situation like this do i just follow through and if i got a negative answer, change to positive because its an area?Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434438051.053476.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you should never end up with a negative area, even with the limits that way round. it will always work out as positive -- and if it doesn't, you've gone wrong somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on finding out a vector of something like AB?

say, you got AB on L1, how do you find the vector for it? is is b-a or a-b? I always get confused and end up having minus the angle that I find by 180....

ReputationRep:
    ~

Can someone explain b) to me. I don't quite fully understand why you take out a factor of 1000 . Why wouldn't you rearrange 7100 to = 8-9x and solve for x and sub that back in?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everybody :-D stay calm and read the question twice and chillllll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xy0mz)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    your mistake is so evident! your limits!! put the higher one on top ALWAYS!

(Original post by elliemoriarty)
    you should never end up with a negative area, even with the limits that way round. it will always work out as positive -- and if it doesn't, you've gone wrong somewhere.
    THIS IS NOT TRUE! He has used the limits the other way round so he would get the negative of the correct answer so the area cannot be negative so its positive! He will still be correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurishment)

Can someone explain b) to me. I don't quite fully understand why you take out a factor of 1000 . Why wouldn't you rearrange 7100 to = 8-9x and solve for x and sub that back in?
    if you did that, x would be bigger than 8/9

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.