Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    Don't know if you people know but in Darul Uloom Bury... In response to the seven million magazines that were to be published... A collective durood shareef was organised in which from Tuesday till Friday we had a target of 7 million durood... One for each magazine... And Alhamdulillah on Friday after it was counted... We had a total of 9 million subhanallah... This is how we should respond to Islam hate.... Not through debates and what not
    Interesting. Are you hoping the prayer itself will have some kind of effect or are you hoping that it will detract attention from Charlie Hebdo?

ReputationRep:
    الاختيار شأن نزول تلخيص المفتاح. المختارات. الأدب المفرد أصول الشاشى. الكافية تيسير المنطق Hadhrat's Quran tarjumah...
    So, third year? or fourth?

I used to find Usool us Shashi difficult aha.
    May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

ReputationRep:
    You?
    I finished the course a few years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    I finished the course a few years ago.
    Have you done an entire dars e nizami course (6/7 years)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Have you done an entire dars e nizami course (6/7 years)?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. Mashaallah... When did you start... I'm in 3rd year... Yeah been finding it confusing recently... From the section of the imperative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    What do you mean you collected 9 million durood shareef? I'm guessing everyone gets allocated a set number to say and then you count them?

Also debates are not bad per se, though of course sending salawat on RasulAllah صلى الله عليه و سلم is an excellent thing to do. Debates are good in general to dispel lies and put forward the truth.
    As Allah told the Prophet SAW when he was talking to people who didn't want to listen to the message whilst ignoring the one who was eager to hear the message... Surah Abas... There is no point debating with people whose beliefs arent going to change and whose hearts are hard... Allah guides who He wills...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    Yes.
    Did you go onto any higher islamic institutions?
    Can you hold a fluent conversation is fusha?
    How do you feel the system could improve?
    Were there any islamic subjects you'd like to see more study on in the curriculum?
    How far into the hanafi madhab did you get?
    What age were you when you finished?

Apologies for so many questions, It's cool if you don't answer any.

Jazakillah khair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic_man)
    Interesting. Are you hoping the prayer itself will have some kind of effect or are you hoping that it will detract attention from Charlie Hebdo?
    Do you know what Durood Sharif is? Look up its translation then you might understand why Muslims are reading it in response to hate towards Muhammad (pbuh).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Do you know what Durood Sharif is? Look up its translation then you might understand why Muslims are reading it in response to hate towards Muhammad (pbuh).
    Assumed it was some form of prayer. I'll look it up.

EDIT: Sounds kinda like a prayer? Reminds me a little bit of the Hail Marys I had to recite when I was at Catholic school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic_man)
    Assumed it was some form of prayer. I'll look it up.

EDIT: Sounds kinda like a prayer? Reminds me a little bit of the Hail Marys I had to recite when I was at Catholic school.
    Yeah you could call it that. It's recited by Muslims to send God's blessing to Muhammad (pbuh).

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think about the fact that a country with a Muslim majority like Lebanon, has to have a Christian president?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    Wa'alikumussalaam bro hope you're doing well alhamdulillah!

sorry man i don't go gym, i checked the thread though and was like wth does all this mean :d
    Haha, It's okay. I wasn't sure what it all meant myself until I started working out.

Alhumdulillah! All is fine!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i do... What's your blog called?
    Yep It's called, 'Khan - Just Another Blog'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    Did you go onto any higher islamic institutions?
    Can you hold a fluent conversation is fusha?
    How do you feel the system could improve?
    Were there any islamic subjects you'd like to see more study on in the curriculum?
    How far into the hanafi madhab did you get?
    What age were you when you finished?

Apologies for so many questions, It's cool if you don't answer any.

Jazakillah khair.
    1) No
    2) No - wish I could lol
    3) Alhumdulillah I think everything was covered well - I only went for 3 hours 5 days a week and the teaching isn't up to the Darul Uloom standard but its still very good.
    4) I can't think of anything right now.
    5) We focused mainly on the hanafi madhab.. and covered to a great extent. Not sure if that answers the question.
    6) 15/16 - I did start it pretty early. lol The Madrasah let me start early as I'd finished the Qur'an and my Urdu was pretty good (speaking and writing).

Its not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Yep It's called, 'Khan - Just Another Blog'.
    Yeah that's quite confusing... I just go there.. Do some leg presses.. Some pec flys... Tricep dips.. Amongst other things... Don't know half the stuff you said on there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Haha, It's okay. I wasn't sure what it all meant myself until I started working out.

Alhumdulillah! All is fine!
    haha i think i might go gym soon (been saying this for quite a while now lol)!

that's great man :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's quite confusing... I just go there.. Do some leg presses.. Some pec flys... Tricep dips.. Amongst other things... Don't know half the stuff you said on there..
    Haha, don't want to go too much into depth in I-SOC. No offense, but you're just wasting your time tbh. Message me if you want more information though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ko111)
    haha i think i might go gym soon (been saying this for quite a while now lol)!

that's great man :yep:
    You should, need to keep active, good for mind and body!

ReputationRep:
    Peace and blessings of Allah to all!
    I was having a chat with an Atheist friend recently...he was asking why we say Allahu-Akbar, SubhanAllah etc...he found it quite amusing actually lol. Some people actually get intimidated if we shout it in public! :eek:

In my reply to his question, I said that i'm no expert, but from my understanding, it's how we make Zikhr of Allah; ''All praise be to Allah'' 33 times etc; as a reminder to ourselves that Praise is due to the Creator, to the Sustainer. Praise is not beneficial to us as it inflates our egos, leading to all sorts of problems with modesty and so on. I went on to say that we are rewarded in this life and the next with blessings, also explaining how it is beneficial to always remember Allah.

Is this the right thing to say? Did I miss anything important :/

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.