Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    Anyone know how long Surrey take to reply? Just waiting on their decision now and hoping it comes soon, though I have a feeling it'll be March I receive it
    What course did you apply to there and when did you apply?

I applied for Sociology on 11 December. It feels like I've been waiting months for them to get back to me so I can make Surrey my firm choice :dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael362)
    Same question - does anyone know when I can expect an offer from:
    Edinburgh
    Southampton
    Birmingham
    Glasgow
    Nottingham
    ?

Applying for CS.
    I'm applying for CS as well and Birmingham have taken ages, 3 months exactly to this day :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)

I applied for Sociology on 11 December. It feels like I've been waiting months for them to get back to me so I can make Surrey my firm choice :dong:
    I applied for Sociology! I sent my application off on the 23rd November and have all my other decisions, I'm just so impatient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charliejb)
    I'm applying for CS as well and Birmingham have taken ages, 3 months exactly to this day :/
    That's long, I expected it to be a month or two at most. Good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for CS too Glasgow took exactly 3 weeks and offered me an unconditional and haven't heard from Edinburgh yet

ReputationRep:

I literally just got an offer from Surrey 10 minutes ago...are they following this?

ReputationRep:

I applied for Sociology as well! Sent mine off on 10th December and no replies yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael362)
    That's long, I expected it to be a month or two at most. Good luck with your application.
    Thanks, you too Its probably because my predicted grades (AAB) are slightly lower than the requirements. It doesn't bother me though as Ive got the offers I wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I literally just got an offer from Surrey 10 minutes ago...are they following this?
    Omg no way! Congrats :clap2: :ahee:. Is it with the training placement? Did they offer you AAB or ABB?

(Original post by Obstrepherous)
    Does anyone know how fast and slow these universities are:

Newcastle
    Liverpool
    Warwick
    Leeds
    Exeter

And is it bad that I haven't had an offer yet? I sent my application about 2 weeks ago
    (Original post by Tilda Mew)
    Ive applied to do Business and Mngt at Exeter, Cardiff, Loughborough, York and Swansea. Cardiff replied with an offer quickly but still waiting on te others. I applied mid December but realise xmas holidays held things up. anyone any timeframes on Exeter for Business?
    Exeter took just under a month for me

(Course was natural sciences)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikoma_chen)
    I applied for Sociology as well! Sent mine off on 10th December and no replies yet...
    You know I thought as the days, then weeks went by without an offer from them that it would be easier, like it wouldn't bother me as much but as the weeks have gone by, I've grown more and more frustrated everyday.

Then the frustration turns to sadness. I go through this cycle everyday, frustration then sadness, frustration then sadness. I'm so tired of it :ashamed2:

Did you apply for the training placement?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

Newcastle
    Liverpool
    Warwick
    Leeds
    Exeter

And is it bad that I haven't had an offer yet? I sent my application about 2 weeks ago
    Liverpool took three weeks for me and Exeter took about 2 months. This was two years ago though

It varies greatly with department though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg no way! Congrats :clap2: :ahee:. Is it with the training placement? Did they offer you AAB or ABB?
    Thanks! No, it's the 3 year course and they offered AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard anything from Bradford at all, got an offer from wolverhampton, and i have heard from aston, Portsmouth, and brighton but only about my tests and stuff..Will I eventually hear about interviews? how long does it usually take..btw I applied late november. I applied to Mpharm at all these places.

ReputationRep:
    You know I thought as the days, then weeks went by without an offer from them that it would be easier, like it wouldn't bother me as much but as the weeks have gone by, I've grown more and more frustrated everyday.

Then the frustration turns to sadness. I go through this cycle everyday, frustration then sadness, frustration then sadness. I'm so tired of it :ashamed2:

Did you apply for the training placement?
    I feel exactly the same, I'm just fed up with refreshing the track page all the time... I wish they could give us a clear waiting period which I know it's just not gonna happen...

I didn't apply for the training placement

Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:

Newcastle
    Liverpool
    Warwick
    Leeds
    Exeter

Exeter was the first offer I got and was around a month after I sent my application. I submitted my application early November and only received 4 offers so far with my last choice not having decided yet.

Warwick seems to have been fast at beginning but then slowed significantly. Have friends who have been waiting almost 3 months to hear from them.

ReputationRep:
    All i've received so far is an interview from Kent D:
    Has anyone head from Brighton for any Computing courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikoma_chen)
    I feel exactly the same, I'm just fed up with refreshing the track page all the time... I wish they could give us a clear waiting period which I know it's just not gonna happen...

I didn't apply for the training placement

Good luck with your application!
    I agree with that. I think they should have batches of applications together, for example, everyone who applied between 1st Dec to 15th Dec for Sociology gets sent an email saying they would receive an offer or rejection between the 15th Jan to the 30th. At least then we're not stressing all the time about when an offer could come through and constantly refreshing track for weeks on end

Good luck with yours too, hope you get offers from all the unis you applied to

ReputationRep:
    If you want an example of a 'slow to reply' institution, Bristol still haven't got back to me... depressing as I want a low offer for my insurance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for Bristol to give out offers? Has anyone got an offer from Bristol, UCL, or for a mathematics degree??

I've heard the mathematics department are really slow.

Thanks

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.