Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Atlantic offers for first round are out

ReputationRep:
    Called Holborn Chambers: If you haven't heard yet you haven't got an interview - rejection by silence they had interviews the other day.

Garden court: 25th June they are going to let people know if they are rejected or offered interview
    15 New Bridge Street: By the end of June everyone will know if they are rejected or have been offered an interview

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips for Drystone first rounds or for 9 Gough Square? it would be appreciated loads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HereGoesNothing)
    Atlantic offers for first round are out
    Another rejection by silence for me then ... Congratulations !

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AllBarOne;65836103]What are you wanting confirmation of? I sent my application to them recorded delivery so I know that it got there but have heard nothing from them at all yet. Are we supposed to have heard by now?

Re Linenhall: The advert said interviewees would be notified by 3rd June. I've not heard either.

Missed the date on there but I know several who have applied and none have heard a thing. Also not seen any updates on here Re:Linenhall so was thinking perhaps they hadn't sent anything out yet. Not sure I want to give up hope yet on that one.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, has anyone heard from/applied to Monckton. My application was a really long shot in the first place, but I haven't seen it mentioned on here at all??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarStudent)
    Just wondering, has anyone heard from/applied to Monckton. My application was a really long shot in the first place, but I haven't seen it mentioned on here at all??
    I have applied and also not heard yet

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone have an interview with Kings Chambers today?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Pupil2b243;65840183]
    (Original post by AllBarOne)
    What are you wanting confirmation of? I sent my application to them recorded delivery so I know that it got there but have heard nothing from them at all yet. Are we supposed to have heard by now?

Re Linenhall: The advert said interviewees would be notified by 3rd June. I've not heard either.

Missed the date on there but I know several who have applied and none have heard a thing. Also not seen any updates on here Re:Linenhall so was thinking perhaps they hadn't sent anything out yet. Not sure I want to give up hope yet on that one.
    Yeah I'd not noticed the date but also not heard anything and haven't heard that anyone else has

so has anyone heard from Linenhall??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Best guppy)
    Curious Gateway e-mail from 6 Pump Court. Anyone here not twitch every time e-mail pings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very odd email from 6 PC. If they are going to let us know in the coming days, was the 'save the date' email necessary?! Made me jump for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjs736_student)
    So 5 Essex just tweeted this!

Huge apologies to candidates who were sent the wrong email – we are dismayed at the mistake and understand the disappointment.
    Anyone know what this means? Sounds like some people might have been wrongly told they had got an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiw.)
    Anyone know what this means? Sounds like some people might have been wrongly told they had got an interview?
    Yes – some did (http://www.legalcheek.com/2016/06/5-...ew-by-mistake/). This sort of error happened at a different set last year, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egarna)
    Did anyone have an interview with Kings Chambers today?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any advice on 2HC interview?
    i know both rounds are mainly cv based, with one current affairs and a potential for an advocacy exercise, however their website is so vague.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiw.)
    Yes indeed. Informed I had an interview and it wasn't until a few hours later they sent a follow up email saying it was a glitch and a mistake and my rejection email was to follow.
    That was a roller coaster of a few hours which did not have a fun ending.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone confirm that Old Square has gone to interviews? I only saw one post about it and quite a few others saying they had heard nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legen-waitforit)
    Can anyone confirm that Old Square has gone to interviews? I only saw one post about it and quite a few others saying they had heard nothing.
    Mine still says applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legen-waitforit)
    My Old Square and Atlantic still say applied so I am not sure I have seen the post about the interview to but nothing from anyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dana11)
    Mine still says applied
    Ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiat Justitia)
    Ditto
    As does mine. (Same with Temple Garden.) I'm not sure how many people Old Square invites to first interview.

Anyone have the courage to give them a ring...?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.