Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I um, I'll take my hat and walk back out
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    In the bedroom its different to outside the bedroom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can understand why some people would be anxious about performance ect.. but i'd have thought taking control would lessen that.

Either way, have fun, be forward and seize your prize.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Coulda been more Tory and talked of buggery
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I can understand why some people would be anxious about performance ect.. but i'd have thought taking control would lessen that.

Either way, have fun, be forward and seize your prize.
    I find that having someone else taking the control relieves a lot of the pressure, but nevertheless ill be enjoying myself a great deal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Coulda been more Tory and talked of buggery
    I'm perfectly okay with how society has become more liberal about discussing such things, just didn't expect it so frankly in the bar. I do try avoid such talk however, makes me frightfully embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    :popout:

Excuse me for butting in, I hope you don't mind me interrupting but I was wondering if I could run an EU idea past you guys?

I was thinking it would be cool to hold a big debate about the referendum in the public forums by getting two teams together (one supporting leave, one supporting remain) and seeing if we could hold a more formal style debate, maybe even with a debate conductor... is this something you might be interested in/ think could work?

Let me know your thoughts
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)

Excuse me for butting in, I hope you don't mind me interrupting but I was wondering if I could run an EU idea past you guys?

I was thinking it would be cool to hold a big debate about the referendum in the public forums by getting two teams together (one supporting leave, one supporting remain) and seeing if we could hold a more formal style debate, maybe even with a debate conductor... is this something you might be interested in/ think could work?

Sounds great. Unfortunately I'd end up berating both sides though so couldn't side with one.

ReputationRep:

Seems a good idea to me, one sees a lot of wild claims flying around these forums.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Definitely an interesting idea, especially with a conductor so it's not all messy and all over the place.

I'd be interested in it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad

If it worked better then the EU referendum we had in October then could be good. Just have to be wary that it doesn't transform into a shouting match which is most likely would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    If it worked better then the EU referendum we had in October then could be good. Just have to be wary that it doesn't transform into a shouting match which is most likely would.
    If we had a debate conductor and a set of group rules then we could make it that you get eliminated from the debate if you get too excited/shouty?

ReputationRep:
    If we had a debate conductor and a set of group rules then we could make it that you get eliminated from the debate if you get too excited/shouty?
    Maybe a time out instead of eliminated? But yeah something like that could work well
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Definitely interested in debating for the leave campaign!

Definitely interested in debating for the leave campaign!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

For obvious reasons, yes.

(Original post by Aph)
    The Big Debate is a more formalised style of debating rather than your traditional thread in D&CA so there's less chance of it turning into a shouting match. Think Oxford Union-esque stuff. You can see a previous example here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3724617

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a time out instead of eliminated? But yeah something like that could work well
    That's a very good idea! Makes it feel like more of a game too
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

If we can find a way for it to work I will be more than happy to partake, I'm already ruining my degree over the EU anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Shocking that they are a 95%+ majority. (Not in a bad way, not in a good way, I just didn't realise Wales was that much whiter than the UK average.)

Even more shocking that 1 in 18 Welsh people are called Jones.
    One of my primary school teachers was Welsh, and his surname was Jones also.

ReputationRep:

This is a great idea, I'd certainly love to participate!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.