Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trader07)
    They make a screening before they send you the tests which are by the way situational judgment and inductive reasoning. They send me the tests 3 days after I applied (since it is weekend now, i guess you will get it on Monday). 9 days after I completed the tests, they informed me that I have successfully met the minimum benchmark and requirements on the online tests. Hope that helps
    it helped greatly, you were really nice for going trhough all that. anything you need just pm

ReputationRep:
    anyone got barclays offer? If so, how long after you did the online interview

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have a clue how Citi are sorting their **** out?

So I just uploaded my Cover Letter after having the application hanging there for 10 days. Are they notified of my addition to my application, do I need to tell them to reconsider my application in light of my new cover letter? Aside from some *****y generic emails, I've heard nothing useful from them.

ReputationRep:
    Does Rothschild reject directly after numerical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack.muir)
    Apologies if this has already been answered or seem very obvious, but for the barclays application did people just upload your C.V., or did you do a cover letter and stuff as well? Its just odd as the section only says 'Upload your c.v.' but in brackets below in mentions cover letter, references, etc.
    - thanks for any advice.
    Check back a few pages, also useful advice on Barclay's interview.

ReputationRep:
    Lazard sent. Nice and straight forward.

Don't make the mistake thinking cover letter and answers to motivational questions are two different things, they want you to answer them within the cover letter.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    are the big 4 open?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    14/14 banks sent: GS, MS, JPM, BAML, Citi, Laz, Roths, Barc, Nomura, HSBC, BNPP, CS, DB, UBS. Indicated preference for IBD where possible except for BNPP which is markets.

Dunno if I cba for BP IST or Fidelity tbh.

Let the SW games begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    14/14 banks sent: GS, MS, JPM, BAML, Citi, Laz, Roths, Barc, Nomura, HSBC, BNPP, CS, DB, UBS. Indicated preference for IBD where possible except for BNPP which is markets.

Let the SW games begin.
    Congratulations bro. Very well done, and good luck!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusMan21)
    Congratulations bro. Very well done, and good luck!
    Thanks dude, best of luck to you too! As well as everyone in here (and those creeping). Hopefully turns out to be a decent recruiting season.

ReputationRep:

Let the SW games begin.
    laz opened?

ReputationRep:

Let the SW games begin.
    I did mine over the last 2 months and did exactly those 14 + Fidelity haha...

0-3 so far though so better luck to you my friend!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if every bank will cover the travel and accommodation costs?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    laz opened?
    Check their website dude, simple email ting.

(Original post by Jker)
    I did mine over the last 2 months and did exactly those 14 + Fidelity haha...

0-3 so far though so better luck to you my friend!
    In hindsight, that would have made more sense but fresher's got in the way lmao.

0-3 as in 3 rejections? Dw about it dude, still early days.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trader07)
    Does anyone know if every bank will cover the travel and accommodation costs?
    Yes

ReputationRep:

In hindsight, that would have made more sense but fresher's got in the way lmao.

0-3 as in 3 rejections? Dw about it dude, still early days.
    Yeah sadly I know! I think this week might be when it starts picking up. I got all 3 rejections in the same week which was 3 weeks ago so been a drought of responses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    Yeah sadly I know! I think this week might be when it starts picking up. I got all 3 rejections in the same week which was 3 weeks ago so been a drought of responses.
    Sorry to hear that. Which 3 banks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    Same here, got 3 rejections (UBS, DB and probably Barclays).

ReputationRep:
    Mine were UBS, MS and Nomura for you guys wanting to know.

ReputationRep:
    Applied to all places but have only heard back from ICAP so far, hopefully the "no news is good news" theory is correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.