Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monderier)
    Do you guys think it is easier to break into S&T than asset management? And do you have any idea of the applicants to offers ratio?
    They are both as competitive as it gets, both front office etc etc , S&T positions heavily affected by brexit so record low offers there! As a rule of thumb 1 out of 130 applicants gets the offer in front office if you want a number (based of FT and other articles I read before)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheParham)
    They are both as competitive as it gets, both front office etc etc , S&T positions heavily affected by brexit so record low offers there! As a rule of thumb 1 out of 130 applicants gets the offer in front office if you want a number (based of FT and other articles I read before)
    1 in 130 really? For a summer internship? I always thought it was ~2% acceptance rate (excluding Goldman)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broocklyn)
    Do you know anything about Real Estate Investing at Morgan Stanley? Is it competitive?
    naturally yes, it is much more competitive since number of spots are more limited compared to other front office roles and most of applicants have already some related internship experience in RE/PE/IBD, but if you have related experience you should try, I know one alumni of my school who worked there, before he had already two internships one in Real Estate and another in sth Corp.Finance related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turing)
    1 in 130 really? For a summer internship? I always thought it was ~2% acceptance rate (excluding Goldman)
    I've seen that round of number a few places, including the bank I interned at over summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    naturally yes, it is much more competitive since number of spots are more limited compared to other front office roles and most of applicants have already some related internship experience in RE/PE/IBD, but if you have related experience you should try, I know one alumni of my school who worked there, before he had already two internships one in Real Estate and another in sth Corp.Finance related
    Thanks for the hint man! I do have some experience, yeah. Gonna give it a go!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone name a few firms that accept final years for a summer analyst scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proflash)
    can anyone name a few firms that accept final years for a summer analyst scheme?
    mate check early pages in this thread, it is already discussed there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torres657)
    mate check early pages in this thread, it is already discussed there
    mate been asked 683926483 times ffs haha

ReputationRep:
    Nomura screens first before test invite right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by networx)
    Nomura screens first before test invite right?
    they didnt use to last year

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone's CS status say "application under review", not just "application received"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If your cover letter and application is good, will Citi excuse a bad numerical test score?

I'm looking for any hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A12R34)
    If your cover letter and application is good, will Citi excuse a bad numerical test score?

As long as you passed then you are good to go :P. But you will be disadvantaged as there will be people with equally good applications but also with better test scores... So...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A12R34)

My understanding of tests is that it's a pass and fail ting reducing applicants, like I don't think you get advantage unless you get like 100% and if you fail it I don't believe they will take app forward! So a binary ting (my understanding).. S

ReputationRep:
    My understanding of tests is that it's a pass and fail ting reducing applicants, like I don't think you get advantage unless you get like 100% and if you fail it I don't believe they will take app forward! So a binary ting (my understanding).. S
    'binary' - :heart: you S&T kids ovoxo.

ReputationRep:
    Dropping in to follow the thread and help out when I can.

There's a lot of very bad advice given on these threads (Interspersed with some very good advice from a couple of long-term forum users). I don't claim to be much better but will try and help out where I can.

My first piece of advice would be to take everything people say here with a pinch of salt, as most people probably know little more than you do. This goes for me too - 100%. If you want to apply then don't be put off by the odds people pluck from their heads or from what impact people imagine Brexit will have on numbers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    'binary' - :heart: you S&T kids ovoxo.
    Thought I throw in some technical terms to look more than just a guy who wants to get hammered every Thursday with the buy side haha

ReputationRep:
    Thought I throw in some technical terms to look more than just a guy who wants to get hammered every Thursday with the buy side haha
    I don't think tests are binary for all firms. Definitely for CS and Laz but I don't think so for MS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does DB reject immediately if you fail the numerical?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)
    I don't think tests are binary for all firms. Definitely for CS and Laz but I don't think so for MS

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see where you are coming from but let's say pass mark for MS is 14/18.. What the **** is the difference between 16/18 and 14/18 in terms of what you can bring to their bank

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.