Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Using direct proof:

Axiom 1: Stephen Siklos is the set with subset of STEP.
    Axiom 2: STEP is a subset with elements I, II, III; it's cardinality is a non-fixed positive integer, solely controlled by Stephen "the madman" Siklos.

By considering the above axioms, we can see that the cardinality of set Stephen Siklos is 13. Since 1 + 3 = 4, then through direct proof we have proven that the new cardinality of the set STEP, as outlined in Axiom 2, is one more than its cardinality over the real elements of the family. Therefore, there must be a STEP IV. QED

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of these days I'm going to make a new TSR account called Stephen Siklos and post in this thread, to see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Wait a minute.

1. STEP is made up of three letters.
    2. STEP is also made up of three papers - I, II, III.

However, STEP is not made up of three letters, so by using proof by contradiction it has been proven that STEP is also not made up of three papers. STEP IV is being secretly hidden by Siklos confirmed. QED Illuminati controls STEP confirmed.

Try to refute my logic, you mortal peasants.

Pro-tip: You can't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Insight314's Lemma:

There always exists a bijection between the set of letters in the name of a set of exams and the set of the exams itself.

ReputationRep:
    Using direct proof:

Axiom 1: Stephen Siklos is the set with subset of STEP.
    Axiom 2: STEP is a subset with elements I, II, III; it's cardinality is a non-fixed positive integer, solely controlled by Stephen "the madman" Siklos.

By considering the above axioms, we can see that the cardinality of set Stephen Siklos is 13. Since 1 + 3 = 4, then through direct proof we have proven that the new cardinality of the set STEP, as outlined in Axiom 2, is one more than its cardinality over the real elements of the family. Therefore, there must be a STEP IV. QED

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are a bunch of STEP papers, possibly uncountably many,
    Each step paper has a symmetrical domain about the point q=7, this each step paper can be formed by an odd and even function (but **** functions let's use numbers)
    We know this is true for any step n where n is greater than or equal to one, by induction which I'm too lazy to type out

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm lost. What on earth is going on here.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to vesniep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    What happened to zacken

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dunno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweeneyrod)
    STEP III 2015:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought this was a weird paper, due to the three questions on proof that weren't on any normal A-level stuff at all (not complaining, because they were quite nice).

2 - pretty straightforward
    5 - also pretty straightforward, except I couldn't get the if part at the start of (ii)
    6 - gave myself 2 marks for an attempt at half of (i)
    7 - nice question
    8 - would have been an easy full if I hadn't for some reason differentiated sin as -cos and vice versa. Instead it was an easy half.
    12 - (i) fairly easy, although a bit dodgy that you didn't seem to have to prove that Rn's p.g.f. was always G(x). Didn't make much progress in (ii), and looking at the mark scheme it looked horrendous
    13 - drew a little graph, gave up

Overall 73, a solidish 1. Not bad, although it was a bit odd I wouldn't mind a paper like it this year.
    Should've attempted Q1, was lush (even though it took me ages lol). Well done anyway .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    My boy SS just dmed me, soz but you've been relocated to London met

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, not only do the first four letters of his name spell out STEP, his initials spell out the best STEP grades...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Hmm, not only do the first four letters of his name spell out STEP, his initials spell out the best STEP grades...
    Whoah, m8. What is SSS then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whoah, m8. What is SSS then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's hinting that he couldn't care less about STEP I XD. (It's for all the other peasant universities lol.)

(Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    He's hinting that he couldn't care less about STEP I XD. (It's for all the other peasant universities lol.)
    There is a STEP I?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    There is a STEP I?
    Why did you get banned, naughty boy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you get banned, naughty boy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know

ReputationRep:
    I don't know
    I am looking through your post history. I love the politically incorrect thread lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am looking through your post history. I love the politically incorrect thread lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, I'm not actually banned

Just removed my avatar, and changed my text thingy

Btw, if I were banned, the posts would have been removed from the history

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm not actually banned

Just removed my avatar, and changed my text thingy

Btw, if I were banned, the posts would have been removed from the history
    Yeah, I am TSR newbie. Sorry about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am TSR newbie. Sorry about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Newbie? "Joined March 2015"

Why are you apologising lol?

You'd have thought that TSR would distinguish banned users more clearly, so that un-banned users can't pretend to be banned - just like they do with the Community Team and Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Photo on 19-06-2016 at 13.17.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  185.8 KB Mathemagicien. Looked at your solution to 8 and it seems I've had completely wrong idea about the approximations. Would I get anything or?

ReputationRep:
    Newbie? "Joined March 2015"

Why are you apologising lol?

You'd have thought that TSR would distinguish banned users more clearly, so that un-banned users can't pretend to be banned - just like they do with the Community Team and Support Team
    Newbie is just a phrase m8. I guess I should've said "I am unknowledgeable of this banned trend."

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by matthewdjones)
    Name:  Photo on 19-06-2016 at 13.17.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  185.8 KB Mathemagicien. Looked at your solution to 8 and it seems I've had completely wrong idea about the approximations. Would I get anything or?
    I wouldn't know, but I'd imagine you'd lose quite a few marks, if this is what you wrote in the exam, sorry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.