Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :getmecoat: :hide: you must love horror films as well :lol:

:hand: 18 is not old :noway: you don't have to be sensible when you're an adult either.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/polit...-a3272391.html

How do you know you woulld be awful? :lol:

:hand: I think it is rather nice
    when i will be 18, i will cry soo much:bawling: i would be soo scared of my future, going to uni getting a job and all that stuff. i dont even know what i wanna be,:argh: the adult world seems so scary and cruel to me, i wish i could be newborn again :angel:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    when i will be 18, i will cry soo much:bawling: i would be soo scared of my future, going to uni getting a job and all that stuff. i dont even know what i wanna be,:argh: the adult world seems so scary and cruel to me, i wish i could be newborn again :angel:
    :lol: I get what you mean, I would love to be a little'un again and go down slides and get dizzy on roundabouts and all of that :lol:

It's not all doom and gloom though at uni, with work etc. You get more freedom to do what you want, with your own source of income you can go travelling, have your own place, get pets, ya know and if you can find a job that you really like, it's not all that bad

ReputationRep:
    :lol: I get what you mean, I would love to be a little'un again and go down slides and get dizzy on roundabouts and all of that :lol:

It's not all doom and gloom though at uni, with work etc. You get more freedom to do what you want, with your own source of income you can go travelling, have your own place, get pets, ya know and if you can find a job that you really like, it's not all that bad
    thanks, how do you know tho? have u experienced that or something?
    at how old should u know which job u wanna do?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    x
    It won't let me quote anyone and deleted my previous reply so..

In truth, no, I've been bits of it and hope that the rest is true - I am only 19 myself, but I'm starting a year long placement as part of my mathsdegree (which I don't enjoy 100%, but some bits of it are alright) and I've visited a few times, the work they do (and what I'll be helping with) seems very interesting, the people are nice and cracked a few jokes and seemed to have good chemistry together, and I finally get my own source of income though I'll most likely just save it anyway) and have been travelling to a few different countries in recent years, sometimes to see some football, and I really enjoy those trips

There's no set age - the sooner the better (kind of) but it's okay to take gap years, get some experience etc while you figure out what you want to do - just as long as you aren't hanging around for years without really progressing. You can do that before you're 18 too, and just do research as well and figure out what it is that you want.

ReputationRep:
    It won't let me quote anyone and deleted my previous reply so..

In truth, no, I've been bits of it and hope that the rest is true - I am only 19 myself, but I'm starting a year long placement as part of my mathsdegree (which I don't enjoy 100%, but some bits of it are alright) and I've visited a few times, the work they do (and what I'll be helping with) seems very interesting, the people are nice and cracked a few jokes and seemed to have good chemistry together, and I finally get my own source of income though I'll most likely just save it anyway) and have been travelling to a few different countries in recent years, sometimes to see some football, and I really enjoy those trips

There's no set age - the sooner the better (kind of) but it's okay to take gap years, get some experience etc while you figure out what you want to do - just as long as you aren't hanging around for years without really progressing. You can do that before you're 18 too, and just do research as well and figure out what it is that you want.
    Thanks
    What do you want to be??

The inspiration has hit for art love this moment, there is no feeling like it and i am never so happy as when i am doing art. i can only imagine that this is what one of them high things is like because i cant wait to put my ideas on paper

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually in quite a good mood today!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Did you just one up my emoji with a jump hug?
    Pshh, I only wish I could one up you. :moon:

I'm never happy for long lol
    Frustrated.
    It's a good job it is me who is flaming self-motivated to get these grades because no-one else gives me any ****ing incentive or recognition for it.
    Oh i tell you something though they will if i get good marks on results day. ;-;
    And as for the **** tonne of ppl who have miraculously disappeared on me these past few months and i mean inrl as well before i get nuclear grenades launched at me by the keyboard warriors, ok i get we are all/were busy with exams but lol ok then my entire year group.
    Dw though it's cool.
    cool as ice :cool:
    to quote a rather swaggy song:
    'But I don't want to waste time, wondering if you're fine'
    because frankly if you cba with me then i give up on you because you are just many in a long line of ppl who routinely crap on me.
    So i have decided not to care, or at least pretend not to.
    So that leaves me with hmmmmmm precisely no-one but that is ok because everyone is so self-interested and self-serving that i never really had them in the first place, at least not when i really needed them.
    anyway back to work because that is the only thing that is going to get me out of this **** hole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salamandastron)
    Frustrated.
    It's a good job it is me who is flaming self-motivated to get these grades because no-one else gives me any ****ing incentive or recognition for it.
    Oh i tell you something though they will if i get good marks on results day. ;-;
    And as for the **** tonne of ppl who have miraculously disappeared on me these past few months and i mean inrl as well before i get nuclear grenades launched at me by the keyboard warriors, ok i get we are all/were busy with exams but lol ok then my entire year group.
    Dw though it's cool.
    because frankly if you cba with me then i give up on you because you are just many in a long line of ppl who routinely crap on me.
    So that leaves me with hmmmmmm precisely no-one but that is ok because everyone is so self-interested and self-serving that i never really had them in the first place, at least not when i really needed them.
    anyway back to work because that is the only thing that is going to get me out of this **** hole
    :hugs::kiss:

ReputationRep:
    Frustrated.
    Dw though it's cool.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Anxious

ReputationRep:
    I think I am feeling a bit out of place don't know what to do with myself since university finished on the 2nd June. The first couple of days the rest was great, but now I feel I am nothing society. Trying my hardest to read books, keep my mind occupied with activities

Must not watch day time tv

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am seriously thinking about going to full time brick uni and transferring my credits elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    They didn't go to waste I shamelessly had them and now I feel bad 😂😂😂. This is your fault 🐓🔫. They were delicious though.

I hope you got your donut fix today smh 🍳
    I'm sure you'd have had them anyway. :rolleyes:

And nope. :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Except there's something better.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Cheesecake.

ReputationRep:
    Totally depressed >.<

ReputationRep:
    The inspiration has hit for art love this moment, there is no feeling like it and i am never so happy as when i am doing art. i can only imagine that this is what one of them high things is like because i cant wait to put my ideas on paper
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    I got my top brace fitted today, my teeth hurt so much. I need a filling in the next couple of weeks, then I get my bottom brace...

I feel like i'm going to be in pain for awhile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    I got my top brace fitted today, my teeth hurt so much. I need a filling in the next couple of weeks, then I get my bottom brace...

I feel like i'm going to be in pain for awhile
    :console:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.