Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would you get if you done the trial and improvement table correct but put 3.7, that's if the answer is 3.8? Do you get 3/4 marks someone please answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikilliloot)
    How many marks would you get if you done the trial and improvement table correct but put 3.7, that's if the answer is 3.8? Do you get 3/4 marks someone please answer.
    i would say you would only drop one maybe 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesM22)
    3.7 = 32.153

34-32.153 = 1.847

3.8 = 35.872

35.872-34 = 1.872

You dont use 3.75

3.4 is closer
    I Swear the answer is 3.7, that's what i put. At first i put 3.8 then changed to 3.7.

ReputationRep:
    I Swear the answer is 3.7, that's what i put. At first i put 3.8 then changed to 3.7.
    im so sure that it is 3.7. Every other person saying otherwise

ReputationRep:
    im so sure that it is 3.7. Every other person saying otherwise
    I strongly think the answer is 3.7 and other people got it wrong tbh, also you don't count the 3.75 right? Plus 3.7 is more closer than 3.8.

ReputationRep:
    3.7 = 32.153

34-32.153 = 1.847

3.8 = 35.872

35.872-34 = 1.872

You dont use 3.75

3.4 is closer
    Name:  maths.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  82.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnewell)
    or 80.1 we are having a school debate, you couldd say a maths debate
    it is 80.4.
    You can trust me since I got 100% on the non-calculator paper and 98% on the calculator. I think it is pretty impressive not to believe )

ReputationRep:
    I strongly think the answer is 3.7 and other people got it wrong tbh, also you don't count the 3.75 right? Plus 3.7 is more closer than 3.8.
    Exactly. Since when do you count the 3.5? Never done that for trial and improvement. Always been what is closer

ReputationRep:

Exactly. Since when do you count the 3.5? Never done that for trial and improvement. Always been what is closer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlb2000)
    Name:  maths.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  82.9 KB
    He is a moron. I could have a made a better unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katana)
    it is 80.4.
    You can trust me since I got 100% on the non-calculator paper and 98% on the calculator. I think it is pretty impressive not to believe )
    Yeah ok brag more

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else get
    x=108 on the second question for angles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James2021)
    Yeah ok brag more
    You want pi years in prison or what?

ReputationRep:
    You're most likely going to get 3 marks. The answer could be wrong but its you're working out that will get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  467.4 KB
    He is a moron. I could have a made a better unofficial mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LokiiR)
    okay so the question was how much did it cost every week..and they gave u this info
    parking costs 3.50
    he travels to work and back from there to home
    to work is 18 miles
    45.2 miles is 1 gallon
    1 gallon is 4.546
    1litre costs 136.9 pence

Parking is 3.50 * 5 = 17.50 - put that to the side
    travel to work is 18 * 2 (to work and home) * 5 which is 180 miles
    do 180/45.2 to find how many gallons that is and its 3...something, keep the number and dont round it off
    do the answer for the top part * 4.546 to find out how much litres
    the answer is around 18... something, again dont round it off. use the answer for the next part (18...) and multiply it by 136.9 pence
    divide the answer from that by 100 to get it in pounds, the answer for that is 24.7837460177. You obviously can not round that down to 24.78 because the extra part doe snot just disappear so you round it up to 24.79. Then you do 24.79 + 17.50 and u get 42.29..
    right?
    oh i see, i did 36*5=80, how stupid of me, how many marks would i get for that

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else use 1/2 absinC, cosine then cosine again? I think I got it wrong I got 42.4???

ReputationRep:
    It just works like that. No reasoning
    That's very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funky23)
    Did anyone else use 1/2 absinC, cosine then cosine again? I think I got it wrong I got 42.4???
    You got the idea right; however the answer is 80.4 after the calculation. Always happens to me, I understand the logic, but make a silly mistake in the working out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funky23)
    i used 1/2absinc then cosine then sine rule and got 80.4

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.