?
Report 10 years ago
^ there's a key you can look in
LozengeC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 'Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a tendency towards being a bit more self-confident, outgoing, and comfortable with people, without being dominating or demanding attention. This may make you more able to be aware of the emotional needs of others without being dependent on their reactions to you.'

Is that a normal response, like do many people get that?
motiv3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guys got mine tomorrow, feel prepared and hopefully I am.

Was wondering do you guys have any last minute advice?
Hyeree
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LozengeC)
I got 'Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a tendency towards being a bit more self-confident, outgoing, and comfortable with people, without being dominating or demanding attention. This may make you more able to be aware of the emotional needs of others without being dependent on their reactions to you.'

Is that a normal response, like do many people get that?
got same.
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by motiv3)
Guys got mine tomorrow, feel prepared and hopefully I am.

Was wondering do you guys have any last minute advice?

Answer as many questions as accurately and fast as you can, and leave yourself enough time to guess the questions you don't have time to answer.

if you do this you should get 650 + (if you get a nice test)
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thnx for the advice jjkkll. Also was wondering relative to the quantitive section on the UKCAT website, is the real one similar to that? Because with the time limit given, im struggling to answer the 40 questions . Theres simply not enough time do analyse the text given and answer the maths!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thnx for the advice jjkkll. Also was wondering relative to the quantitive section on the UKCAT website, is the real one similar to that? Because with the time limit given, im struggling to answer the 40 questions . Theres simply not enough time do analyse the text given and answer the maths!
In my particular case the test i had worse WORSE, and i only managed to answer 20 of the questions, and did not have time to guess any!
motiv3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jjkkll)
In my particular case the test i had worse WORSE, and i only managed to answer 20 of the questions, and did not have time to guess any!
hahah that just made me feel worse. I get upto question 23 out of 44 with 1 minute to spare for guessing on the website one! Just how do they expect you to be able to take into account all the details ill never know! What happened to the good old question of calculate the range!

Ouch you didn't even get time to guess! Tht must have really been a kick to the teeth
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hahah that just made me feel worse. I get upto question 23 out of 44 with 1 minute to spare for guessing on the website one! Just how do they expect you to be able to take into account all the details ill never know! What happened to the good old question of calculate the range!

Ouch you didn't even get time to guess! Tht must have really been a kick to the teeth

the whole test was a kick in the FACE not just the teeth.

But then again i did decide to experiment with the final two sections. (lol)
LozengeC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
got same.
Yay. It's quite a good one I think. Not sure I'm as confident as it describe though! How about you?
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LozengeC)
Yay. It's quite a good one I think. Not sure I'm as confident as it describe though! How about you?
oh i think it fits me perfectly tbh. lol xD
=]
i think it's a good analysis of me. :yep:

haha my mom was like ":O how did they know this about you?! they got you down perfect!"
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a tendency towards being a bit more self-confident, outgoing, and comfortable with people, without being dominating or demanding attention. This may make you more able to be aware of the emotional needs of others without being dependent on their reactions to you.'

That can be said about EVERyone.

It means nothing!
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest a tendency towards being a bit more self-confident, outgoing, and comfortable with people, without being dominating or demanding attention. This may make you more able to be aware of the emotional needs of others without being dependent on their reactions to you.'

That can be said about EVERyone.

It means nothing!
doubt that it can be said for everyone.
there are some kinds of people and there are others.
people who love to talk about themselves a whole lot for attention......
those who are annoyed with people talking to them about their problems
yadayadayada.

besides i see a whole lot of people who are not confident in what they do at all...

stop sulking =]
the NCR part doesnt matter that much anyway. doubt the unis even care about that part....
badger stripes
Report 10 years ago
thought people should know, rang up sheffield university today, asked if they had a requirement for ukcat, they said no, but based on last years results they were expecting candidates to have an above average score of 2700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had 2430, when u ring them up, the idiot woman says they dont have a requirement, but when i told her about the e-mail i got, then she said yes and told me about the 2700 thing. these people r so unhelpful its like they want me to waste a bloody choice!!!
jjkkll
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hyeree)
doubt that it can be said for everyone.
there are some kinds of people and there are others.
people who love to talk about themselves a whole lot for attention......
those who are annoyed with people talking to them about their problems
yadayadayada.

besides i see a whole lot of people who are not confident in what they do at all...

stop sulking =]
the NCR part doesnt matter that much anyway. doubt the unis even care about that part.... ;

i was not sulking i don't care about the ukcat
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i was not sulking i don't care about the ukcat
that's good then =]
anyway good luck with bmat then
freakazoid.azoid
Report 10 years ago
No one has discuessed my result? I'm still wondering how to take my UKCAT result and 'my response'.
Btw, I'm an international student.
Hyeree
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by freakazoid.azoid)
I just gave my UKCAT exam today. My first attempt and I got:
Verbal: 510
Quantitive: 720
Abstract: 590
Decision analysis: 690

Average: 627.5

And my questionnaire results are strange:
Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest tendency to be a bit more self-sufficient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions. This may also mean that you may come across as more private, reserved, self-reliant and introverted, which may sometimes make you appear more emotionally distant from others.

Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest you place a higher value on the laws, conventions and expectations of society. This approach may cause you a dilemma when they appear to conflict with the freedom or rights of individuals. In such circumstances you may be more likely than others to support the rights and needs of the society or community over those of the individual..

Is this all meant to be considered good or bad?? And my score?

However, my academic achievements (so far) include:
IGCSE second language English = A*
IGCSE Mathematics = A*
IGCSE Chemistry = A*
IGCSE Biology = A*
IGCSE Physics = A*
IGCSE Business Studies = A
O-level Second Language Urdu = A
O-level Pakistan Studies = A
O-level Islamiyat = A
A-s level Chemistry = A
A-s level Biology = A
A-s level Physics = A

I'm applying to Kings college, Barts, Sheffield and Liverpool for dentistry 2009. Any advice considering my all of my results, since i have time to amend my selection?

Hoping for some good responses.
you have awesome academia. *****. all A/A*....
ukcat is above average, idk much about dentistry sorry...
but as a dentist you probably wont meet the dilemma of having to choose between law & patient so i think you'll be fine. =]]

good luck with applications though!
freakazoid.azoid
Report 10 years ago
AWW!! thanks, atleast some said something, ive been waiting.
Im just not sure, because if my ukcat score is more of a disadvantage id want to change sheffield for bristol. bt i dnt kno how the selection is there, like is it easy or hard 2 get in 2?
regis
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I would think Sheffield focusses quite heavily on UKCAT so I would probably stick with Bristol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (301)
37.44%
No - but I will (61)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.46%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.51%

Watched Threads