• TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Bexx)
    I'm stuck, the gas stove was perfect last year. We enjoyed going back at night and cooking something before the partying started!
    Not sure what to do, couldn't survive on cold food all the time and the food from the vans in overpriced and not going to do wonders for the stomach i doubt!
    My friend has decided we'll eat from the vans the entire weekend. I think my stomach is going to implode. I just want a little stove dammit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dobba)
    Was really looking forward to my first Reading festival but 2 of my mates have dropped out leaving me with 3 tickets and considerably out of pocket.

Damn.
    You should be able to sell them for a significant profit, never mind getting your money back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olibert)
    I took a stove last year. Used it once to cook some spaghetti hoops, didn't use it again. It took up precious ruck sack space. I'm really not sure what I lived off, sandwiches, biscuits, bananas and beer. :O
    i used to buy ********* of watermelon, omly thing i could handle with a hangover..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    You should be able to sell them for a significant profit, never mind getting your money back.
    Not too fussed about profit though obviously I'd take it if I could get it. Got them on eBay as a 3 ticket sale with 1 bid (strangely from someone also selling tickets) and 4 watchers. If the bid turns out to be dodgy which I'm thinking at the moment then I'll stick them on individually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dobba)
    Not too fussed about profit though obviously I'd take it if I could get it. Got them on eBay as a 3 ticket sale with 1 bid (strangely from someone also selling tickets) and 4 watchers. If the bid turns out to be dodgy which I'm thinking at the moment then I'll stick them on individually.
    The person also selling tickets is trying to get them for a low price in order to resell them for hundreds a few days before the festival. I know people who practically do it for a living.

ReputationRep:
    Do some people prefer Leeds and Reading to Glastonbury?

What are the reasons? Just that bit smaller and more manageable?

Went to Glastonbury this year, something smaller would be pretty cool I think. Felt like being "thrown in at the deep end".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Do some people prefer Leeds and Reading to Glastonbury?

What are the reasons? Just that bit smaller and more manageable?

Went to Glastonbury this year, something smaller would be pretty cool I think. Felt like being "thrown in at the deep end".

I've never been to Glasto, and haven't really had the desire. This year is my third V Festival (only go there as its close by) and my second Reading Festival. However, watching the vast majority of Glasto on the TV I would really like to experience it next year possibly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexx)
    I've never been to Glasto, and haven't really had the desire. This year is my third V Festival (only go there as its close by) and my second Reading Festival. However, watching the vast majority of Glasto on the TV I would really like to experience it next year possibly.
    It was quite an effort getting to Glastonbury and back again, from where I live. If any festival is on the 'to do' list, it'd be Leeds for me. Not so far away. Glastonbury is enormous, size, number of stages etc, so much music that I felt music-ed out at times and the Cabaret Tent was a bit of a god-sent tbh, just to get away from things, chill out, watch some good comedy acts, 4 poofs & a piano etc...

ReputationRep:
    Woop woop
    just bought my early entry tickets of seetickets!

Just wondering what the site is like on wednesday? last year i went up on thurs morn so i have no idea how many ppl are actually there and if there is anything to do such as stalls being open etc!

ReputationRep:
    How much money do you reckon i should bring?????? Not sure how much food i will be buying there so im guessing thats a big factor.
    What did people do last year???
    Also... gutted blood red shoes are playing leeds and not reading. eurgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)
    Woop woop
    just bought my early entry tickets of seetickets!

Just wondering what the site is like on wednesday? last year i went up on thurs morn so i have no idea how many ppl are actually there and if there is anything to do such as stalls being open etc!
    wahey!
    I'm guessing that's for Reading then?
    I've never been to Reading but can't imagine the facilities are very different between either.
    I don't think anything goes on on Wednesday, probably just have to make friends with your neighbours, get acquainted with the site, try out the funfair etccc.
    At Leeds we have stalls in Blue Valley which I imagine will be open as its outside the main arena.

(Original post by b.ryan123)
    How much money do you reckon i should bring?????? Not sure how much food i will be buying there so im guessing thats a big factor.
    What did people do last year???
    Also... gutted blood red shoes are playing leeds and not reading. eurgh.
    erm it totally depends on what you plan to buy!
    last year I took hardly anything as I brought the majority of my food and only drank at the tents.
    bare in mind that food is very expensive, you would need at least a tenner for food each day if you aren't cooking back at your tent.
    then money for drinks in the arena and then money for merchandise and stall shopping.
    I'm planning on taking about £50 but most people I know take about £100.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so im a liiittle confused right now.

My friend and I have both got weekend tickets. I have also ordered a green car park ticket.

Firstly, on the Thursday morning - what time does the car park open?

Secondly, if i bought early entry tickets, would my car park ticket allow me to park there on the wednesday?

This is for reading btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmx)
    Ok so im a liiittle confused right now.

My friend and I have both got weekend tickets. I have also ordered a green car park ticket.

Firstly, on the Thursday morning - what time does the car park open?

Secondly, if i bought early entry tickets, would my car park ticket allow me to park there on the wednesday?

This is for reading btw.
    The car park was open last year when I arrived which must have been about 7. There were already loads of people parked there so it must have been open longer.

Following on from that above, the EE tickets will let you park on the Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    The car park was open last year when I arrived which must have been about 7. There were already loads of people parked there so it must have been open longer.

Following on from that above, the EE tickets will let you park on the Wednesday.
    Ah right, me and my friend are gonna be arriving earrrly on the Thursday unless we get the early entry.
    Thank you (:

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, me and my friend are gonna be arriving earrrly on the Thursday unless we get the early entry.
    Thank you (:
    Arrive a bit earlier than you think you need to. The walk from green carpark to either one of the entrances (riverside entrance is always best) takes about 30 mins, possibly more if you're carrying loads of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Arrive a bit earlier than you think you need to. The walk from green carpark to either one of the entrances (riverside entrance is always best) takes about 30 mins, possibly more if you're carrying loads of stuff.

Oh gee. That is not gonna be fun

Im gonna get so lost! Me thinks ill just follow the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    if you bought EE from Seetickets then they will be arriving shortly, some of my friends got theirs in the post this morning.

ReputationRep:
    Oh gee. That is not gonna be fun

Im gonna get so lost! Me thinks ill just follow the crowd.
    Nah, you'll be fine!

Just follow the river path, everything is sign posted so it's all good.

There is a shuttle boat, but at 7 in the morning last year the queue was huge.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh - im so excited about reading
    does anyone happen to know the weather for that weekend??

also tips:
    dont camp near the toilets - they stink
    dont use guy ropes - drunk people fall over them etc
    bring loo roll!!
    wear earplugs if you want to sleep :P

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you'll be fine!

Just follow the river path, everything is sign posted so it's all good.

There is a shuttle boat, but at 7 in the morning last year the queue was huge.

We'll be arriving at about 6am...possibley even 5.30am...lol

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.