Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    "Unlimited" never means unlimited.
    It does in India :awesome:
    My guess is they don't know how to enforce one :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    How much did you use? I can manage more than 50/60gb a month and they've never said anything...

:lolwut:

What difference does it make to them?
    all these companies pack the firmware with company written traffic management i bet. 3rd party software avois these imposed controls and they get arsey imo

wenwe used 2 have a home hub 2 or 3 years ago we got 1mb down, as soon as we swapped it , itwent to 2.0!!

ReputationRep:
    i don't know how to find out we pay 17.50 a month as far as i'm aware that's the best package

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what virgin media's fair usage policy is? i can't find it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by *absinthe*)
    anyone know what virgin media's fair usage policy is? i can't find it
    http://help.virginmedia.com/system/s...RTICLE_ID=2781

ReputationRep:
    Home from work, and it's still dark outside :awesome: makes a nice change.
    I did forget to have a look at Move in Asda though...despite going in there on my break

ReputationRep:
    Anyone actually bought Move and can say if it's good or not? I'm bored and when I'm bored I buy stuff.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Magnanimity)
    Anyone actually bought Move and can say if it's good or not? I'm bored and when I'm bored I buy stuff.
    Bigmo and jermaindefoe have.

ReputationRep:
    :rant: I have tried taking my computer downstairs, using the ethernet cable to download and install both the drivers Windows/Belkin and spikeymike suggested and still no success. It says it is successfully installed, the router is in line of sight and 5 ft from the adapter and it still can't find the network wirelessly. Another housemate is having trouble with his connection randomly dropping. But everyone else seems to be fine. Think I will be buying myself a pci wireless adapter.

Wetwork is annoying the hell out of me too! Think I shot the hostage first time we got to the second breach room (sorry mike!). Then I kept being shot, went to bleeding out and couldn't fire back as I would hit a hostage second time we got there.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    :rant: I have tried taking my computer downstairs, using the ethernet cable to download and install both the drivers Windows/Belkin and spikeymike suggested and still no success. It says it is successfully installed, the router is in line of sight and 5 ft from the adapter and it still can't find the network wirelessly. Another housemate is having trouble with his connection randomly dropping. But everyone else seems to be fine. Think I will be buying myself a pci wireless adapter.

Wetwork is annoying the hell out of me too! Think I shot the hostage first time we got to the second breach room (sorry mike!). Then I kept being shot, went to bleeding out and couldn't fire back as I would hit a hostage second time we got there.
    IMO, a USB adapter is better, it's just easier to unplug/reset and less heat inside the case. Perhaps it's faulty...

Ah yeah don't worry, thought I did tbh hence my message on the ps3. :p: Wasn't especting to complete the first time in that room, because you don't know where to shoot quickly. Also, are you meant to zoom/aim n there? I didn't the first time, I did when you went down, and I was too slow with it. So I presume you don't zoom/aim :holmes: Willing to give it another go another time, Saturday before 3 and anytime Sunday. :gthumb:

If anyone tries it, when you get to the last breach zone, go up the stairs, put down claymores near the first container on the left and attract enemies down the stairs, repeat until clear, then shoot down the guys at the windows. Then proceed far right, hug the wall and round the corner past the nearest breach door.

ReputationRep:
    IMO, a USB adapter is better, it's just easier to unplug/reset and less heat inside the case. Perhaps it's faulty...

Ah yeah don't worry, thought I did tbh hence my message on the ps3. :p: Wasn't especting to complete the first time in that room, because you don't know where to shoot quickly. Also, are you meant to zoom/aim n there? I didn't the first time, I did when you went down, and I was too slow with it. So I presume you don't zoom/aim :holmes: Willing to give it another go another time, Saturday before 3 and anytime Sunday. :gthumb:

If anyone tries it, when you get to the last breach zone, go up the stairs, put down claymores near the first container on the left and attract enemies down the stairs, repeat until clear, then shoot down the guys at the windows. Then proceed far right, hug the wall and round the corner past the nearest breach door.
    I would rather a PCI card though if it is more reliable and faster. Not too worried about heat really as I haven't overclocked it or anything. Could get an extra stick of ram in whilst the cover is off too if it's worth it. Any USB wireless adapters you would recommend that are N and G compatible?

I do zoom in when breaching as I find you get better accuracy.

With the bit with the smoke screen I had the P2000 thermal sight as it gives quite a zoomed out view of where everyone is, then ran back to get the intervention for the people in the windows. I was so nervous on the last breach I was shooting slowly to make sure I didn't hit a hostage and that caught me out as I couldn't see everyone I was meant to be shooting when zoomed in.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    I would rather a PCI card though if it is more reliable and faster. Not too worried about heat really as I haven't overclocked it or anything. Could get an extra stick of ram in whilst the cover is off too if it's worth it...

I do zoom in when breaching as I find you get better accuracy.

With the bit with the smoke screen I had the P2000 thermal sight as it gives quite a zoomed out view of where everyone is, then ran back to get the intervention for the people in the windows. I was so nervous on the last breach I was shooting slowly to make sure I didn't hit a hostage and that caught me out as I couldn't see everyone I was meant to be shooting when zoomed in.
    A PCI card isn't always good because it's in a fixed position, so if you don't get a good signal when it's installed, you'd probably need to move the PC. :holmes:

I just use the P2000 for all of the smoke bit. :p:

Edit:
    Belkins are really good IMO, Netgear is a popular choice too.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me whether you can stop the constant search for patches before I play a game.
    I can't seem to just pop in an old game I haven't played in a while and play it, no, I have to download a 232Mb patch for Need for Speed Shift.

As my internet connection has been patchy all week I'm having to unplug the ethernet cable to actually play the games...is there a setting to get around this?

ReputationRep:
    A PCI card isn't always good because it's in a fixed position, so if you don't get a good signal when it's installed, you'd probably need to move the PC. :holmes:

I just use the P2000 for all of the smoke bit. :p:

Edit:
    Belkins are really good IMO, Netgear is a popular choice too.
    What about a PCI card that has ability to have an extension cable for the aerial? I'm open to spending money if I can get something adaptable with better performance.

Where do you get the P2000 from at the start?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dhr90)
    What about a PCI card that has ability to have an extension cable for the aerial? I'm open to spending money if I can get something adaptable with better performance.

Where do you get the P2000 from at the start?
    I've not seen a PCI card with a non-fixed aerial. I think you might get one though? :holmes:

It's like midway through the level. Urm... It's the bit after you shoot the helicopter down, down the long main section (alternate route is right into another room leading to the end of the long main section). After that there's aright turn, more enemies, theres a green box with weapons on top of it, thats where I get it I think.

ReputationRep:
    evening guys

if you want help with wetwork then let me no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Did anyone from this thread get F1 2010? I seem to be the only person on TSR who got it for the PS3.
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    x
    :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    evening guys

if you want help with wetwork then let me no
    Hey. I will be on in a few minutes for an hour or so before dinner if you can help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Hey. I will be on in a few minutes for an hour or so before dinner if you can help?
    cant do right now but can do tonight some point m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    :hi:
    :awesome:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.