Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, we'll get some Jon Pertwee type fistfights.

ReputationRep:
    So peter capeldi rumours were correct-no 50th trailer grrr...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Legend :lol: Anyone up for a Thick of It Marathon?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sceptical, I really am. I was sceptical when I heard Peter Capaldi's name for the first time, because of his age mostly, and after seeing his pretty dull interview, I'm even more so. There's such a huge difference between him and Matt Smith and whilst difference is good, the 12th has to have some personality and Peter Capaldi seems to have none. He has a lot to live up to.

But I was dubious about Matt Smith when he was cast, so I'll give this guy a chance. I just hope 2014 isn't when I finally give up on Doctor Who.

EDIT: That guy who was giving the interview with Bernard Cribbins (I forget his name), said Peter Ecclestone. I bet he knew - who else would he get mixed up with?!

ReputationRep:
    But Peter Capaldi shot himself in Torchwood....

Boooo
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Ah that's brilliant. How wrong I was But I think he's going to be a very good Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Malcolm Tucker? But how's he going to do the sentimental parts??

ReputationRep:
    He wasn't what I was hoping for, but after re-watching the Pompeii episode, I think I'll grow to like him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    But Peter Capaldi shot himself in Torchwood....

Boooo
    And then off-screen he regenerated. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else find it really disconcerting that he played a W.H.O. Doctor in WWZ? haha. Cannot wait!

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting there waiting for him to say 'Hello, I'm the Doctor'!

That must have been the most tense 30 minutes of my life! But he will make a great Doctor I'm sure - I need series 8!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    And then off-screen he regenerated. :holmes:
    Bullets can turn you into a timelord!

ReputationRep:
    I very very happy with the choice. As soon as his name came up in the rumours I was wishing very hard for it to be him.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like how he's already played a different character. ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    I'm sceptical, I really am. I was sceptical when I heard Peter Capaldi's name for the first time, because of his age mostly, and after seeing his pretty dull interview, I'm even more so. There's such a huge difference between him and Matt Smith and whilst difference is good, the 12th has to have some personality and Peter Capaldi seems to have none. He has a lot to live up to.

But I was dubious about Matt Smith when he was cast, so I'll give this guy a chance. I just hope 2014 isn't when I finally give up on Doctor Who.

EDIT: That guy who was giving the interview with Bernard Cribbins (I forget his name), said Peter Ecclestone. I bet he knew - who else would he get mixed up with?!
    Have you seen him in The Thick of It, completely different from his off screen persona, I think he'll make an excellent doctor and I'm interested to see what he'll bring to the role and what will be unique about his incarnation of the Doctor.

ReputationRep:
    Unsure what to think. But im excited for the change!

ReputationRep:
    I remember when everyone said that Daniel Craig would be a **** Bond. I think people should reserve their judgement until the first episode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    I just don't like how he's already played a different character. ffs.
    it happened with Martha and with Amy. Its not a problem??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Legend :lol: Anyone up for a Thick of It Marathon?
    I finished series 1-3 last night, funnily enough!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    From The Thick of It:
    Hugh: "Christ Malcolm, how do appear out of nowhere in a building made entirely of glass"
    Malcolm: "I'm a shapeshifter"

THE TRUTH WAS THERE ALL ALONG!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.