Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    Let's not forget January was a resit paper, so grade boundaries tend to be higher. This paper was decent but a lot of people would have been thrown by the alcohol dehydrogenase question and some others too. Think grade boundaries will be the usual, nothing more nothing less That's nearly always the case anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamilMCR)
    There was a one mark question on the potato question about what causes the resistance in some potato crop, or something like that. What did people put for that, wasn't sure between random mutation or natural selection, went with mutation.
    I didn't know if they meant over time or in one generation, so I put a DNA mutation that was made prevalent throughout the population through natural selection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic... What do you reckon an A will be in our practicals, /40?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a rough idea of how much UMS would an 80 raw mark be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)

ReputationRep:
    Id go with same as last year: 36/40

Wont be any higher but could possibly be 35

ReputationRep:
    I think I got between 72 and 80 (quite a big gap I know), hoping I might just about scrape into an A across the 3 modules as I think I was a couple of UMS over an A at the midway point

ReputationRep:
    was this papers easier than jan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Id go with same as last year: 36/40

Wont be any higher but could possibly be 35
    Ugh, holy poop. I only got 32/40 sad times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abudabu)
    Does anyone have a rough idea of how much UMS would an 80 raw mark be?
    If its the same kind of grade boundaries as usual I would guess around 135-140 out of 150 (aka very very high!)

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, holy poop. I only got 32/40 sad times.
    The grade boundaries are absolutely mental for practicals (I think because a lot of schools give a little 'extra help')! Still, you can make up for it in other exams! I think 32 is the C/B border which is crazy when you consider it's 80%

ReputationRep:
    I wrote amino acids for the "state the biological molecule" question - is that not right?

ReputationRep:
    Is so ridiculous my biology teacher gives us no help what so ever and that puts us at a serious disadvantage. She also says she can't tell us how we did so I have no idea what i have in it, do your teachers tell you?

ReputationRep:
    I was resitting f212 today, so did coursework last year, got 31 which my teacher said was a B so I couldn't resit, ended up getting a C with 38 ums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellahkb)
    I wrote amino acids for the "state the biological molecule" question - is that not right?
    For the enzyme one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blashnet)
    For the enzyme one?
    Yep, the one before the alcohol question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mule)
    Is so ridiculous my biology teacher gives us no help what so ever and that puts us at a serious disadvantage. She also says she can't tell us how we did so I have no idea what i have in it, do your teachers tell you?
    We were given the title of the experiment and that is all :/ we got told what we got but they were reluctant to do so! No way everyone gets 36+ without ANY help

ReputationRep:
    hi guys! what did people put on the pathogen question? was is phagocytosis or t/b lymphocytes

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the question which said something about state with letter(s) - A, B or C represent neutrophils???

i put B and C is this correct??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellahkb)
    Yep, the one before the alcohol question
    it was enzymes not sure if they would accept amino acids.. :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.