Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm161)
    Is anyone expecting their history results?
    Yes
    What exam board is yours on?

ReputationRep:
    I'm expecting Triple Science, English Lag and Lit, IGCSE Maths, RE, History, Geography and Graphics. Hope I get at least an A in all. Also, I really hope AQA are generous with the Language grade boundaries...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    Thanks some of them were alright (like RS *touchwood*), others were a shock (Spanish) and others were catastrophes (History, English, Physics) so who knows! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you will of done fine! well mine was ok some exams were a lot easier than i expected such as business, ethics and physics. However, i did mess up my sociology exam terribly.I also found my chemistry exam extremely hard.I suppose i will just have to wait and see! I know what you mean about English though i was limited on what i could write because of the tight squeeze for time! i suppose i can't change anything now though so fingers crossed :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    I'm expecting Triple Science, English Lag and Lit, IGCSE Maths, RE, History, Geography and Graphics. Hope I get at least an A in all. Also, I really hope AQA are generous with the Language grade boundaries...
    Please tell me you did Edexcel triple science?!:confused:
    (we do a few of the same options)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixirs)
    Please tell me you did Edexcel triple science?!:confused:
    (we do a few of the same options)
    Sorry, I did OCR! Though history was edexcel, geography was aqa, and graphics was aqa, if ur interested.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know your mark for graphics? or do you know the grade boundary between an A and an A*? Other than that I'm expecting most that you are apart from geography and English literature, English literature because our school had to re-sit English Language again!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I did OCR! Though history was edexcel, geography was aqa, and graphics was aqa, if ur interested.
    I'M THE OTHER WAY AROUND. History OCR and Triple Science Edexcel:rolleyes:

Anyway, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Will the grade boundaries be available on results day as well? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethany96)
    I'm sure you will of done fine! well mine was ok some exams were a lot easier than i expected such as business, ethics and physics. However, i did mess up my sociology exam terribly.I also found my chemistry exam extremely hard.I suppose i will just have to wait and see! I know what you mean about English though i was limited on what i could write because of the tight squeeze for time! i suppose i can't change anything now though so fingers crossed :-)
    Yup, fingers crossed! (yn)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)

The day before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    The day before but from hearing not WJEC they put them up a bit later

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=elixirs;43844006]I'M THE OTHER WAY AROUND. History OCR and Triple Science Edexcel:rolleyes:

Anyway, how did you find it?[/QUOTE

Quite good in all, though my only worries are English and RE, what with the essays and AQA in general.

ReputationRep:
    Aww yeah, especially with fiasco with English Lang last year but I'm sure you'll be alright

ReputationRep:
    Off topic but.... any chance you're a Game of Thrones fan ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    Thanks some of them were alright (like RS *touchwood*), others were a shock (Spanish) and others were catastrophes (History, English, Physics) so who knows! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha you seem to be on this thread EVERYDAY! :lol: what year you in ?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=WesterosWildling;43844050]
    (Original post by elixirs)
    I'M THE OTHER WAY AROUND. History OCR and Triple Science Edexcel:rolleyes:

Anyway, how did you find it?[/QUOTE

Quite good in all, though my only worries are English and RE, what with the essays and AQA in general.
    I didn't think our questions were pretty good with AQA especially the one where you have to describe the worst and best food.Though, i do believe questions like this will test our creativity.I am not expecting that much as i didn't finish the paper off, i always get carried away with one question with gives me limited time on the rest haha. Good luck :-)

ReputationRep:
    i always get carried away with one question with gives me limited time on the rest haha.
    I can relate, it's annoying

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think our questions were pretty good with AQA especially the one where you have to describe the worst and best food.Though, i do believe questions like this will test our creativity.I am not expecting that much as i didn't finish the paper off, i always get carried away with one question with gives me limited time on the rest haha. Good luck :-)
    As soon as I opened that English paper I may as well have just fallen to sleep. I spent 10 mins on the first few questions before getting bored and writing a bit for the 'writing' questions then giving up, I was too tired to bother with that exam. (And I didn't even have to be in it anyway)

ReputationRep:
    Eid Mubarak to my Muslim brothers and sisters for tomorrow. Please remember me in your prayers and pray thet we all get good results. JazakAllah (thank you).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    As soon as I opened that English paper I may as well have just fallen to sleep. I spent 10 mins on the first few questions before getting bored and writing a bit for the 'writing' questions then giving up, I was too tired to bother with that exam. (And I didn't even have to be in it anyway)
    A lot of people at my school refused to sit it or at least didn't bother because ridiculously our whole year apart from 4 had to re-sit English.I took a risk with mine though as i had nothing to loose and i did the writing first as they were the longer questions then i went to the front and carried on from there.A lot of my teachers said to do it completely back to front but then when you get to the comparing questions you're like stuck because you don't know anything about the sources haha! i hope the grade boundaries are low!! mind you after last year havoc i'm not so sure :mad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.