Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    RVP comparing 2004 Pires/Henry/Bergkamp to 2013 Scholes/Giggs.:confused: Not to mention that this title was by far the least competitive ever. Bergkamps's got 3 and he did it with his club and with class, dignity and respect. Not to mention that DB was on a different level to what RVP can hope to achieve. There is nothing RVP would not say.

There is a word in Dutch for people like RVP. Bergkamp's is klaas but RVP's based on his personality. Actually in Dutch, RVP has a ridiculous accent(like Wayne Rooney if he decided to learn some gangsta, honestly) and there are comedians who rip him to **** over his attempts to speak gangster. He tries very hard.
    Lol I love your hatred for Van Persie. Seriously you just go off on one whenever he is mentioned or just mention him whenever you want to have a rant.

Seriously I probably hate Van Persie just as much as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imthe12)
    Why the hell is everyone getting a new manager. First fergie retires, then moyes take charge, now everton haven't got a manager, roberto Martinez might now go to everton. And now Mancini might get sacked. And chelsea getting a new manager,
    Just had to be said!
    I agree the changing of managers is too much but the only person in there getting sacked is Mancini. Other than that you have got Fergie retiring, which happens. Moyes moving to fill his spot. Martinez possibly moving to fill his. Benitez was an interim manager not a permanent one. Mancini is the only one part of the sacking culture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I agree the changing of managers is too much but the only person in there getting sacked is Mancini. Other than that you have got Fergie retiring, which happens. Moyes moving to fill his spot. Martinez possibly moving to fill his. Benitez was an interim manager not a permanent one. Mancini is the only one part of the sacking culture.
    Wenger has to use his experience to his advantage. He's now the oldest reigning manager. Next year we need to win atleast one trophy next year. He needs to take inspiration from fergie and maybe we can dominate England and possibly Europe.
    He should show the young managers, what time it is.
    Fergie leaving was emotional, he deserved everything he got during his managerial career

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has to use his experience to his advantage. He's now the oldest reigning manager. Next year we need to win atleast one trophy next year. He needs to take inspiration from fergie and maybe we can dominate England and possibly Europe again.
    Fergie leaving was emotional, he deserved everything he got during his managerial career

True.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has to use his experience to his advantage. He's now the oldest reigning manager. Next year we need to win atleast one trophy next year. He needs to take inspiration from fergie and maybe we can dominate England and possibly Europe again.
    When did Arsenal dominate Europe btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    When did Arsenal dominate Europe btw?
    2006, when we beat the likes of Madrid, juventus, inter etc.
    Might have been a year or so but still counts.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are overstating it a wee bit. I would imagine United will have some form of dip but just based on the type of team I wouldn't think it would be too much. Jose coming back it, I wouldn't think Chelsea would be weaker, same with Man City, would think Spurs will be the same, and Liverpool a bit stronger. Not saying you won't move on, but there is no really reason why you would talk about winning at least one trophy more than any other year, and dominating Europe simply isn't going to happen. Still too many big clubs knocking about the likes of Bayern, Madrid and Juv, plus I can't see Barca remaining in their current state. Its going to be tough as any year.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal have never dominated europe. 1 final and 1 semi is not dominating europe. Barcelona is an example of dominating europe 3 champions league wins in 7 years and made the semi's in every year from 2006.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Arsenal have never dominated europe. 1 final and 1 semi is not dominating europe. Barcelona is an example of dominating europe 3 champions league wins in 7 years and made the semi's in every year from 2006.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Soz Sherlock.

ReputationRep:
    That was a good run but we didn't even win the final that year so how on earth did we dominate Europe. Dominating Europe is what Barca did during the Guardiola years and it can be argued Bayern will dominate Europe the next 2-3 years.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal haven't even dominated england...One good season in the CL is not dominating Europe.. Especially when that was your only appearance in the final. Barca have dominated for the past years reaching finals and winning them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    That was a good run but we didn't even win the final that year so how on earth did we dominate Europe. Dominating Europe is what Barca did during the Guardiola years and it can be argued Bayern will dominate Europe the next 2-3 years.
    I said possibly we can dominate.
    I might being optimistic , and what?

ReputationRep:
    I said possibly we can dominate.
    I might being optimistic , and what?
    Very unlikely, likelyhood is that every single team bar spurs(unless they keep bale) will get stronger next season. Unless you're hoping to do a juventus and ridiculously win the title unbeaten despite being out of a CL spot the previous season then yeah.

It's unlikely to happen, you'll be scrapping for a top 4 spot with liverpool and spurs next season mark my words. Unless moyes absolutely ****s up in his first season(unlikely with his squad) then united too. You're not going to be champions for some time. The competition at the top is too strong atm. Where 70 point seasons don't even guarantee a top 4 spot anymore and even teams that don't make europe can get 60 points. We're looking at possibly 2-3 80 point teams like in 08-09 next season and some 70 point teams(arsenal, spurs, liverpool)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Very unlikely, likelyhood is that every single team bar spurs(unless they keep bale) will get stronger next season. Unless you're hoping to do a juventus and ridiculously win the title unbeaten despite being out of a CL spot the previous season then yeah.

It's unlikely to happen, you'll be scrapping for a top 4 spot with liverpool and spurs next season mark my words. Unless moyes absolutely ****s up in his first season(unlikely with his squad) then united too. You're not going to be champions for some time. The competition at the top is too strong atm. Where 70 point seasons don't even guarantee a top 4 spot anymore and even teams that don't make europe can get 60 points. We're looking at possibly 2-3 80 point teams like in 08-09 next season and some 70 point teams(arsenal, spurs, liverpool)
    Your saying that with the view that Wenger will continue making £10-15m signings this summer. If he decides to alter his philosophy and splash out on a world-class forward then we'll be up there. That's all that's missing. The foundation of the team is strong. I think Chelsea will have a good chance of winning the title, with Mourinho coming in all you really need is a world-class forward and that's clearly attainable. Will Rooney be that player? I'm not sure. But when he's played as a no.9 in past seasons for United he's banged them in for fun.

ReputationRep:

Highly doubt it. If we make a few of the signings that've been mentioned in the media- especially a striker, I don't see us strugguling for a top 4. Don't forget Suarez is going to miss the first 5? league games of the season.

Anyways, it is WAYYYYYYYY too early to be making these predictions, a lot of stuffs needs to/ will happen.

ReputationRep:
    Your saying that with the view that Wenger will continue making £10-15m signings this summer. If he decides to alter his philosophy and splash out on a world-class forward then we'll be up there. That's all that's missing. The foundation of the team is strong. I think Chelsea will have a good chance of winning the title, with Mourinho coming in all you really need is a world-class forward and that's clearly attainable. Will Rooney be that player? I'm not sure. But when he's played as a no.9 in past seasons for United he's banged them in for fun.
    I really can't see United selling Rooney to one of their biggest rivals. But it doesn't really matter, Chelsea will be able to get a different forward, Gomez/Benzema/Falcao?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I really can't see United selling Rooney to one of their biggest rivals. But it doesn't really matter, Chelsea will be able to get a different forward, Gomez/Benzema/Falcao?
    Why not? Where else is he going to go. It'll be an annoying saga over the summer but I think he'll end up at Stamford Bridge. It makes sense all round really. They can afford the wages, the transfer fee and he would link up well with Mazacar. Falcao is off to Monaco, Gomez is a clinical finisher but he has no link-up play and would be too similar to Ba, Benzema has regressed but even then Madrid are not looking to sell him, Higuain will be the one leaving and he's close to a move to Juve. Lukaku would be a good option of the bench but Chelsea can't trust him to lead a title challenge. Chelsea should really make a bid for someone like Cavani, he'd bang in 30 goals next season no questions aked.

ReputationRep:
    Your saying that with the view that Wenger will continue making £10-15m signings this summer. If we decides to alter his philosophy and splash out on a world-class forward then we'll be up there. That's all that's missing. The foundation of the team is strong. We only really need a DM, CF and possibly a LW. I think Chelsea will have a good chance of winning the title, with Mourinho coming in all you really need is a world-class forward and that's clearly attainable. Will Rooney be that player? I'm not sure. But when he's played as a no.9 in past seasons for United he's banged them in for fun.
    Ok, so who will you displace in the top 3? Or do you think that 4 teams will have 80 point seasons? I think both of these situations are unlikely. Last season was a fluke, I'll say it now and I'll say it again unless united manage to **** up their season you will be in 4th-6th place...

We're pretty much there bar a forward and a DLP(although luiz seems to be filling that void)
    No, not rooney, there are better, cheaper targets around. He'd be good for depth in the AM position but with oscar and hazard who can play there there is no point, I'd rather have a proper winger like robben than using oscar on the wing.

Anyway since I'm prone to going onto chelsea tangents I'll stop there and say this, do you really think your squad is good enough to get 80 points next season? Because that's the kind of figure we're talking if you wanna win the title. Although if this is true, I welcome it.

Also bare in mind you need a right back since sagna is most likely gone, your wingers are not good enough(yes walcott gets goals but he shouldn't really start for a title winning side) and unless you're hoping for podolski to come into form, wilshere to be injury free and for you guys to suddenly destroy the wage structure spending big and chamberlain to step up if walcott isn't doing the only thing he's good at(getting goals and assists due to his pace) you're not going to be at the top.

Don't take this the wrong way and if you have any disagreements say so.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've watched you guys quite a bit recently, while the unbeaten run is impressive, there are clearly cracks in the squad, you still make loads of individual errors at the back, you don't really control games so well, for most of the first half you play slow possession football, lack any sort of pressing(bar the united match) and the opposition pretty much let you have the ball and try to counter, while this works on the likes of 3DM's norwich and west brom against quality opposition you will come unstuck, see the chelsea 2-1 at the bridge where you were destroyed on the counter attack, or the match against liverpool at the emirates or the bayern munich 3-1 match. I guess with a quality finisher you might get away with playing this football though but I don't believe you'll get anything drastically above what you're getting this season unless you get absolute quality signings with no departures bar the ones that should have left 3 years ago and still have their contracts for life(you know who I'm talking about). This isn't even assuming that the competition don't do the same thing and buy quality players to improve at the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Highly doubt it. If we make a few of the signings that've been mentioned in the media- especially a striker, I don't see us strugguling for a top 4. Don't forget Suarez is going to miss the first 5? league games of the season.

Anyways, it is WAYYYYYYYY too early to be making these predictions, all of of stuffs needs to/ will happen.
    I guess so. Abramovich could pull off his project tomorrow e.g.
    I think liverpool can handle a few games without suarez personally now with sturridge and coutinho there while they couldn't do so last year. I do get what you mean. I don't think you'll get above 75 points next season(what I think the mark for top 4 will be if spurs keep bale

We'll see with signings, but highly expected is that you get jovetic or some other quality striker for a good price. You'll sell sagna, the players on contracts for life will still be here but loaned out. Maybe djourou might leave since he's good enough for a mid table/backup defender for a top 4 team while bendtner will pick up his 60k. You'll keep all your players that you have atm since you guys are in transition and have the young ones tied to long term contracts.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway since I'm prone to going onto chelsea tangents I'll stop there and say this, do you really think your squad is good enough to get 80 points next season? Because that's the kind of figure we're talking if you wanna win the title.
    80 points for the title?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.