Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutebat)
    Congrats! :-) me too !
    Yay! Got a week now to revise for the mental arithmetic section of the numeracy test as that's the bit I'm worried about really. Just want to get them over and done with now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Yeah it's exactly the same on-screen format, same structure, same order. I found the spelling and punctuation on par with the online practice questions, the comprehension easier, and a couple of the grammar questions a lot harder actually. But I guess you can afford to get a few questions wrong and still pass so no point in worrying too much. Shame they don't tell you your pass mark or what questions you got wrong!

Have you got yours booked? Good luck!
    Ahh thank you for calming me down somewhat Yes, I have my Lit booked on Friday - do they tell you there and then if you've passed?

ReputationRep:
    One of my references is done, hurray Still waiting on the other one though. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Ahh thank you for calming me down somewhat Yes, I have my Lit booked on Friday - do they tell you there and then if you've passed?
    Yes you just leave the room where you're doing the test, go back to reception to pick up your belonging etc and then they hand you a piece of paper which has your result on. No waiting around.

Also, my test was booked for 2.45pm but I ended up being 45 mins early and they let me just sit the test there and then which was good. I think I would have been even more nervous if I had to wait around for 45 mins!

I'm tempted to rearrange my numeracy for Monday just so it's out of the way!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else applied for primary at Bath Spa Chichester or Gloucester? Sent mine off today and so nervous about hearing back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deja Vu)
    Yep, go to Track and click "Forgot login details?".

Enter your e-mail address and it will send you 3 e-mails - one with your e-mail address in, one with your Personal ID for Track (different to the one in Apply for some reason!) and your password.

You can then login using these.
    thanks!!!! Worked for me. Nothing been updated though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arhall92)
    Has anyone else applied for primary at Bath Spa Chichester or Gloucester? Sent mine off today and so nervous about hearing back!
    Im currently at chi for undergrad and it's one of my pgce primary choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smiler000)
    Hi all, just wondering whether anyone has applied to/ heard from Chichester, Brighton or Sussex unis yet?? Thanks!
    (Original post by arhall92)
    I applied for Chichester! and Brighton, and Southampton. (: and haven't heard from chi or brighton!

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone so eager to log in to track? I was under the impression there's nothing to see because we would get an e-mail if it's updated with an interview anyway. Am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Why is everyone so eager to log in to track? I was under the impression there's nothing to see because we would get an e-mail if it's updated with an interview anyway. Am I missing something?
    AFAIK Track only sends out e-mails once a day (or it might be twice, I can't remember). Unless they've changed it, that's how it used to be anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview! St Mary's on 10th December

I never expected anything to happen this quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for finding this out!!! Where did you find this?
    Emailed the admissions tutor

ReputationRep:
    I know of citizenship. If it was actually taught as a proper subject then I wouldn't have hesitated to do that. I don't know of any schools that have a citizenship teacher, so I was thinking about my employability.

If I could teach anything it would be A-Level politics or economics. I'm not saying I don't want to teach R.E, I'm just starting to wonder what the hell I was thinking assuming I'd have a chance!

Good luck to you too! Edge Hill is my first choice, so fingers crossed. I've never even visited, but it's close to me so would be good for commuting.

I did something over the summer that was considered to be a subject knowledge enhancement course. Found it on the oxford uni R.E PGCE website, so it must be known. It only took me three weeks though, so I don't think it can boost my application that much!

Sorry to hear about your lecturer. I can imagine how frustrating it is - I was frustrated after one day! Is she not replying to your emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ]

Thanks! Same here!

The one I'm planning to do is 4 weeks, I think. I think it does make a difference and it will look good that you've already done it over the summer. Good luck, I hope you'll get an interview soon!

I emailed her twice (I sent the first email three weeks ago), it's very frustrating. I left uni last year and I'm working full-time, which doesn't make things easier. I tried to call her several time but she didn't answer the phone.

(Original post by Juichiro)
    Hope as in Liverpool Hope?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview - 12th Dec at IofE - terrified now!!

ReputationRep:
    hi - new here! i've applied for the social scieence PGCE at IoE. Only sent it off today and got an invite within hours to go on Monday the 2nd! i have to prepare a lesson plan andthere is a wrtitten assignment and group discussion. A bit nervous but happy to just get an interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r275)
    I've got an interview - 12th Dec at IofE - terrified now!!
    Omg congrats!! Thats where I desperately want to go!!! What subject is it for? Also, did you find out via track/email/letter?

ReputationRep:
    Omg congrats!! Thats where I desperately want to go!!! What subject is it for? Also, did you find out via track/email/letter?
    Thanks! It's for Primary and found out via email - they said they're sending more info about the format of the day later this week, but it sounds like previous years - 5 minute presentation, individual interview, maths & literacy tests, group exercise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginger.)
    ]

Thanks! Same here!

The one I'm planning to do is 4 weeks, I think. I think it does make a difference and it will look good that you've already done it over the summer. Good luck, I hope you'll get an interview soon!

I emailed her twice (I sent the first email three weeks ago), it's very frustrating. I left uni last year and I'm working full-time, which doesn't make things easier. I tried to call her several time but she didn't answer the phone.

Yep
    I know it must be frustrating!

What course are you applying for? I know I've probs read it but I get so mixed up with people on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pthomas112)
    hi - new here! i've applied for the social scieence PGCE at IoE. Only sent it off today and got an invite within hours to go on Monday the 2nd! i have to prepare a lesson plan andthere is a wrtitten assignment and group discussion. A bit nervous but happy to just get an interview!
    Seems like they are just putting most people that applied so far in a group interview. -_-

ReputationRep:
    I know it must be frustrating!

What course are you applying for? I know I've probs read it but I get so mixed up with people on here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MFL (German and French)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.