Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fmeerza)
    I have a question, as something is really bothering me.
    I really, really want to do medicine but my AS grades were not as expected and I definitely plan on re-sitting them. My IGCSE grades were great, as well as my IELTs and I’ll be doing the UKCAT exam soon, along with starting year 12 this september to do my A2’s which will be Bio, Chem and Math. For AS I did Bio, Chem, Math and Physics. Is there hope, a chance, something - I feel like I’m going to be instantly rejected once they see my AS results
    How bad is 'not as expected'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gracey11)
    Haha thank youu I burst into tears of happiness when I found out :') Your results are amazing too!! 13 GCSE's woahhh :P

Edit: do you know what you want to study at university yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not surprised!! I would be ecstatic if I had achieved that! Thanks Yeah I took a few extra GCSEs... partially because I'm indecisive and was offered all of them and didn't know which to say no to and partially because my friend and I made a pact to do them together. We got exactly the same results too :eek: it was strange!

I've not made a definite decision yet. I'm looking into medicine, but obviously that's such a hard area to get into and I'd need to see what extra-curricular stuff I would have to do to get into a good medical school. I'm also looking at bioscience type things - biochemistry, biomedicine and that sort of area. What about you? What uni courses are you considering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molly_xox)
    No problem my school is the same, you get until October to change, I'm giving Biology a trial and if I don't like it I'll take French instead

6 A*s and 4 As! I'm ridiculously happy - 3 of the subjects (English Lit, English and History) I got As in I've really, really struggled with so getting such good grades is a miracle! And then A*s are just wow I'm getting my RS remarked though, I'm 1 UMS off an A* how did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow that's excellent! Well done!!
    I got 11 A*s and an A in English literature... I was just 1 UMS off an A* so I'm getting that remarked
    I am genuinely so so pleased because I thought I'd messed up so badly! The pressure is on to do well at A-level now

Well good luck for next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereHarry)
    Wow that's excellent! Well done!!
    I got 11 A*s and an A in English literature... I was just 1 UMS off an A* so I'm getting that remarked
    I am genuinely so so pleased because I thought I'd messed up so badly! The pressure is on to do well at A-level now

Well good luck for next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow you did amazing I'm slightly depressed, because I only got 3A*s 7A's 1B and 3C's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    Wow you did amazing I'm slightly depressed, because I only got 3A*s 7A's 1B and 3C's
    Unless you get 10+ A*'s, when you come to TSR you will be depressed

ReputationRep:
    You did 14 GCSE's :eek:. We were only allowed to do 9
    (Original post by Tibbz2)
    I feel his pain....

ReputationRep:
    Well the only thing that matters is I got A's-A*'s in the subjects I'm doing for A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    You did 14 GCSE's :eek:. We were only allowed to do 9

I feel his pain....
    Same! :lol:

Well the only thing that matters is I got A's-A*'s in the subjects I'm doing for A-levels.
    Yup, once you've done A Levels then GCSEs really are just about redundant for Uni applications

ReputationRep:
    I've piled all my books together and it's so big omg

ReputationRep:
    Same! :lol:

:five:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    lol I'm not that depressed :grin: I guess I should be glad about my results, my parents were over the moon lol and I'm going to be more motivated for A levels. Also im not going to apply for Oxbridge I'd rather go to Imperial College.

ReputationRep:

lol I'm not that depressed :grin: I guess I should be glad about my results, my parents were over the moon lol and I'm going to be more motivated for A levels. Also im not going to apply for Oxbridge I'd rather go to Imperial College.
    You should, they're great results.

I have also stricken Oxbridge off of my list, even though it was never really on there... I'm heading to Lancaster if I can, definitely one of the best physics Uni's in the country, right behind Oxford, but not as high entry requirements. My cousin also did his degree/phd there and now works there, so hopefully I can follow in his footsteps lol!

ReputationRep:
    The album Exile by Hurts is so so so good

ReputationRep:

You should, they're great results.

I have also stricken Oxbridge off of my list, even though it was never really on there... I'm heading to Lancaster if I can, definitely one of the best physics Uni's in the country, right behind Oxford, but not as high entry requirements. My cousin also did his degree/phd there and now works there, so hopefully I can follow in his footsteps lol!
    Cambridge is still open to the both of you.
    Just smash your A-Level exams, ace the interviews and the entry requirements.
    But it seems you guys have other plans. Good luck to the both of you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and good luck to your future career pathway

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, but your grades are still outstanding! Don't be disheartened haha!
    What A-levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    The reason I struck it off so to say, is because I actually don't want to go there :eek: shocker I know... I just feel the pressure and stuff would be too much to get in and also to study there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    I'm not surprised!! I would be ecstatic if I had achieved that! Thanks Yeah I took a few extra GCSEs... partially because I'm indecisive and was offered all of them and didn't know which to say no to and partially because my friend and I made a pact to do them together. We got exactly the same results too :eek: it was strange!

I've not made a definite decision yet. I'm looking into medicine, but obviously that's such a hard area to get into and I'd need to see what extra-curricular stuff I would have to do to get into a good medical school. I'm also looking at bioscience type things - biochemistry, biomedicine and that sort of area. What about you? What uni courses are you considering?
    I'm in EXACTLY the same boat... Not entirelyy sure on medicine simply because I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket with it being so ridiculously competitive.. Considering chemistry or biochemistry or even chemical engineering if not medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeyThereHarry)
    Thank you, but your grades are still outstanding! Don't be disheartened haha!
    What A-levels are you doing?
    I'm doing Physics, Chemistry, Further maths and Maths what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and good luck to your future career pathway
    Thanks

The reason I struck it off so to say, is because I actually don't want to go there :eek: shocker I know... I just feel the pressure and stuff would be too much to get in and also to study there...
    I was going to say that but then I saw that you mentioned wanting to go to Lancater and I thought lets just add 'Good Luck' at the end of this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.