Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Hello all, I have an interview tomorrow and I've prepared my responses but Im struggling to think of a law I would change and why? Should i keep this focused on business or y general opinion?
    Who's the interview with? I would personally focus on something related to the firm's practice areas so I could try and show off my understanding of the work they do (: that is just what I'd do though - I've never been asked that before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScroogeHumbug)
    I did the exact same thing. Bashed it out in an hour or two. I just did it for the sake of it. Not overly bothered since they do not recruit from vac scheme (i think).
    I think they do, unless their policy has changed this year. A friend of a friend was recruited for a TC off the back of doing a vac scheme last summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    Who's the interview with? I would personally focus on something related to the firm's practice areas so I could try and show off my understanding of the work they do (: that is just what I'd do though - I've never been asked that before
    thank you , yeh i was thinking the same. i dont know whether they will ask the q but thought that id consider my response.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have a osborne clarke AC coming up and they said we have to do a critical thinking test? Does this mean watson glaser or verbal reasoning? During the application process they made us do a verbal reasoning test and based on the info I found, previous AC's were made to do a verbal reasoning test so i'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra7148)
    Hi everyone,

I have a osborne clarke AC coming up and they said we have to do a critical thinking test? Does this mean watson glaser or verbal reasoning? During the application process they made us do a verbal reasoning test and based on the info I found, previous AC's were made to do a verbal reasoning test so i'm confused.
    Hey! When is your AC?
    I am also super confused. I mailed then, so I hope they reply by tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisha.b)
    Hey! When is your AC?
    I am also super confused. I mailed then, so I hope they reply by tomorrow
    Mine's Wednesday!
    I'm so nervous haha...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Managed to get a White & Case application in at the eleventh hour. Wasn't able to give it the same degree of thought as any of my others though, so not getting my hopes up.
    Strangely enough, those applications can turn out to be successful from my experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra7148)
    Mine's Wednesday!
    I'm so nervous haha...
    Same! See you there

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find it difficult to prepare for competency-based questions?

I know in theory these should be easier than technical questions but I always find them harder to prepare for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cp778)
    Thank you!
    Best of luck, hope you hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice for a Travers interview?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know who Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co's verbal reasoning test provider is?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

Apologies if I'm asking this question and it's already been answered but would anyone have any links to Watson Glazer practice tests they'd be willing to share please? I've exhausted the Linklaters one!

(Best of luck with all your apps!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OKW192)
    Hi All,

Apologies if I'm asking this question and it's already been answered but would anyone have any links to Watson Glazer practice tests they'd be willing to share please? I've exhausted the Linklaters one!

(Best of luck with all your apps!)
    There's some practice tests on the Clifford Chance and Hogan Lovells' websites

ReputationRep:
    Any advice for the Jones Day interview?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody had a video interview with Hill Dickinson? How did it go? I'm doing mine tomorrow so looking for a bit of advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan12)
    Also interested in this - Think there's a fair bit on this forum if you search for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keep.on.smiling)
    Does anyone have any advice for a Travers interview?
    bump! Looking for advice as well, apparently in previous years they asked quite random questions like what you would say to a room filled with a hundred people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan12)
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    Also interested in this - Think there's a fair bit on this forum if you search for it.
    From what I've heard, it's quite broad but very friendly. My friend got asked a whole range of topics, from politics to economics to sport (as an icebreaker!) I also have my interview next week, but I'm a little worried as I believe they have filled quite a lot of summer vac scheme places already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    thank you , yeh i was thinking the same. i dont know whether they will ask the q but thought that id consider my response.
    Good luck though - I'm sure you'll do great!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.