Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15 Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)
    Both benches are quite poor. They all cheap players who don't play
    So you have three 4.0 defenders and double Newcastle defence? That's asking for trouble imo.

If you're dead set on one of those two then go for B, but i'd strongly recommend upgrading your defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    So you have three 4.0 defenders and double Newcastle defence? That's asking for trouble imo.

If you're dead set on one of those two then go for B, but i'd strongly recommend upgrading your defence.
    Tbh I don't like investing so much money in my defence. Lovren, Williamson Wisdom seems decent. I mean I like to invest my money in strikers and midfielders more.

ReputationRep:
    Current team
    2FT's - 0.4 in the bank

Courtois - Gilks
    Jones - Kaboul - Clyne - Ferdinand - Chambers
    Mata - Sterling - Schurrle - Siggy - El Ahmadi
    Rooney - Costa - Adebayor

I am thinking about getting rid of Rooney for Balotelli (then Welbeck in 4 weeks), Chambers for Wilson and defo getting rid of Mata but don't know who to put in.

Any suggestions on replacements for Mata? Currently considering Di Maria and not interested in Ramsey.

ReputationRep:
    500th post, finally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ELBOYZ)
    500th post, finally
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    Want to have di maria in my team but i'm -0.4 short. Not sure if I should take out siggy and put jones in defence e.g., going from a 3-4-3 to a 4-3-3. Rest would be fabregas/sterling, with aguero, costa & welbz up front + defence. This allows me to have a better bench (slightly)

ReputationRep:
    Last two weeks has been the most mind-numbing fortnight in my two short years of fpl. Trying to find a morsel of interest to chew on (everywhere) has meant wading through endless, baseless, superficial, pointless speculation and 'advice' from fpl pros about Falcao, Rooney, RVP and Mata, and thousands upon thousands of posts by people telling you all about how they really want Di Maria or are going to put Balotelli or Welbeck in...or are they...or should they... you decide, RMWCT please! One massive cluster**** of an exercise in futility with the blind leading the blind in circles. And what was the alternative? News that our favourite parasite William has again successfully jizzed into the slot of the royal parasite machine. All in all a execrable fortnight.

Please God dispose of this international break. Let Mata score a hattrick, Ricky Lambert start and Falcao not be fit for six weeks.

thank you lord
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    x
    Jones is out for a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Jones is out for a month.
    You reckon Falcao is starting tomorrow?

I'm planning on playing Falcao for the next two games then getting Aguero in.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    You reckon Falcao is starting tomorrow?

I'm planning on playing Falcao for the next two games then getting Aguero in.
    I reckon he'll be on the bench this weekend, but right now it's complete guesswork as to who Van Gaal picks or what formation he goes with. With Herrera, Shaw & Rafael returning from injury plus Blind, Di Maria, Falcao & Rojo to fit in, it's effectively a whole new team.

I'd expect us to go like this:

De Gea
    Rafael Evans Blackett Rojo
    Blind
    Herrera Di Maria
    Mata
    Rooney RVP

ReputationRep:
    Best midfielder other than Sterling, Ramsey, Fabregas or Hazard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I reckon he'll be on the bench this weekend, but right now it's complete guesswork as to who Van Gaal picks or what formation he goes with. With Herrera, Shaw & Rafael returning from injury plus Blind, Di Maria, Falcao & Rojo to fit in, it's effectively a whole new team.

I'd expect us to go like this:

De Gea
    Rafael Evans Blackett Rojo
    Blind
    Herrera Di Maria
    Mata
    Rooney RVP
    Hmmm cheers. May just leave Aguero alone then or get Balotelli.

Wouldn't mind Di Maria but dont feel like disrupting the midfield template of Fab Siggy Sterling Ramsey. Think I still need to see more of Utd before committing to their players.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm cheers. May just leave Aguero alone then or get Balotelli.

Wouldn't mind Di Maria but dont feel like disrupting the midfield template of Fab Siggy Sterling Ramsey. Think I still need to see more of Utd before committing to their players.
    Not owning Ramsey does worry me. I don't want to double up on Arsenal with their fixtures though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I would be very surprised if not.

First of all Moreno is the best left back Liverpool have, and secondly (unlike manquillo) he has experience.

He's a highly attacking defender and likely to get a number of assists so he's definitely worth a go
    I'll take your word on that then!

I was skeptical cause Johnson started the first two games so i thought he might get back his place once he's fit. And i've always felt Enrique gets quite a few attacking points when he's fit but guess i'll stick with Moreno.

ReputationRep:
    Captain choice looks tough with Costa doubtful and rumours of sterling being rested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    Captain choice looks tough with Costa doubtful and rumours of sterling being rested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll be bare pissed at Rodgers if he rested Sterling, I'm planning on captaining him. Surely he'll play given Sturridge's injury?

Was originally set on Costa, i'm sure he'll play but I need to be certain he's getting 90 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be bare pissed at Rodgers if he rested Sterling, I'm planning on captaining him. Surely he'll play given Sturridge's injury?

Was originally set on Costa, i'm sure he'll play but I need to be certain he's getting 90 minutes.
    Yh you would think Sterling would play but I even saw a tweet of a guy who apparently was at Liverpool training and he posted the team that looked likely to start tmrw and it didn't hav sterling in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedDevil014)
    I'll take your word on that then!

I was skeptical cause Johnson started the first two games so i thought he might get back his place once he's fit. And i've always felt Enrique gets quite a few attacking points when he's fit but guess i'll stick with Moreno.
    i have moreno in my team to - he's the obvious, consistent choice at LB that we will have this season.
    obviously teams will rotate for extra matches, but moreno is certainly our first choice.

i would say he's the best liverpool player to get in terms of points - more likely to assist and maybe even score a few goals due to his severely attacking nature.

as you said, with sturridge out i would be very surprised if sterling didn't feature.
    aston villa at home isn't an easy game - we haven't beaten them at anfield in the league for several years.

i'm debating between costa/di maria/sterling as my captain.
    i see di maria working really well for united, especially against such a poor QPR side
    swansea have been impressive so i'm unsure about putting costa as captain when chelsea face them
    sterling has been a very consistent player picking up points so far so he's always worth a shout

which of the three do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Thinking of dropping Sturridge but can't find a good enough alternative. Falcao is a possibility if he does well but really not sure how he'll play & how much he'll play once RVP fit.

Actually, I'll gamble on Welbeck for now and possibly upgrade my midfield.

Henderson -> Di Maria

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 8, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.