Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Since Nat 4s are internally assessed, and you've been told you've passed, then you've passed! Since they're only pass/fail, it probably isn't going to come up with "pass", since it wouldn't be there if you failed!

No need to contact the school or the SQA, there's nothing urgent here. Can talk with your teachers if you're still confused when you go back.

Great subjects. Accountancy and Finance is becoming a very popular subject area. Our very own hollieeilloh is doing one of those courses at uni.

No need to drop AH physics if you enjoy it just because you got a B, you're still perfectly able of achieving at AH. However, if you don't enjoy physics, there's no harm in dropping it for another subject.

Sorry, I think you misspelled medicine. :teehee:
    It's just because other people have pass or fail on their certificates . But I won't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    AAA at advanced higher and I passed my driving test , fairly chuffed..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nECS)
    Congratulationssss for both! That's amazing. You definitely need to celebrate now, no questions asked.

:party::party::party:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    It's just because other people have pass or fail on their certificates . But I won't worry about it
    Things you failed don't come up on your certificate - if it's there, you passed it!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nECS)
    Awesome job . Are you going to be celebrating in any way?
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koolkate)
    last year I got:
    H maths - B
    H business - B
    H chemistry - C
    H physics - C
    H english - D
    this year I got:
    H chemistry - A
    H biology - A
    H computing - B
    H english - C
    The entry requirement for the uni I want to go to after my gap year is AABB, so I was wondering if there is any chance of me getting in or should I just apply to unis with lower entry requirement?
    Definitely in with a chance, so there's no harm in applying! Remember you've got 5 choices on UCAS, so can afford to take a few risks!

Yeah, it's not worth worrying about. Nothing urgent! Just bring it up when you go back, and if there's been a mistake, your school will get it fixed.
    Enjoy the rest of your summer! (so little left :eek:)

ReputationRep:
    I got a D in my higher maths in 2013 and a B in higher maths in 2014 but it shows both of them on the certificate, is it supposed to or is it a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    Things you failed don't come up on your certificate - if it's there, you passed it!
    Wow , I didn't know that. Isn't that a bit harsh . But I'm happy
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotland101)
    I got a D in my higher maths in 2013 and a B in higher maths in 2014 but it shows both of them on the certificate, is it supposed to or is it a mistake?
    Yeah, it'll show both. The qualification from 2013, and the qualification from 2014. Kind of like if I did the same degree twice, I'd have both degrees at the end.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nECS)
    That's fantastic, congratulations!!! Go and celebrate now :party:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nECS)
    Congrats! where are you heading off to uni-wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    Congratulationssss for both! That's amazing. You definitely need to celebrate now, no questions asked.

:party::party::party:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Awesome job . Are you going to be celebrating in any way?
    Definitely celebrating , not 18 yet but there will definitely be alcohol involved :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    Congrats! where are you heading off to uni-wise?
    Physics at St Andrews, just got my halls - can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does the pass rate for national 5's seem really low. Only 81% passed ? There is hardly anyone that got all As in nat 5 this year compared to how many people got all 1s in the SGs last year ?:confused:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nECS)
    Definitely celebrating , not 18 yet but there will definitely be alcohol involved :P
    Well I hope you really enjoy yourself.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Wow , I didn't know that. Isn't that a bit harsh . But I'm happy
    Not really, your certificate isn't a statement of results but rather a document detailing your qualifications. If you fail a course, then you've not achieved the qualification, so why should it show up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollieeilloh)
    I think he was being sarcastic.
    o...well that's even more awkward

ReputationRep:
    Got 4As and a B in Chemistry, a bit disappointed as it means I will need to almost definitely do a gap year as I doubt any units will accept me with for medicine with those results but still happy !
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations everyone on your incredible results!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    Got 4As and a B in Chemistry, a bit disappointed as it means I will need to almost definitely do a gap year as I doubt any units will accept me with for medicine with those results but still happy !
    AAAAB is more than good enough for medicine, just have to do well in the other parts of your application and apply smart!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.