Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by senz72)
    Not bad thanks. How's life treating you as a whole?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very good .

My life is generally okay. It's just my brain is annoying .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    i'm scared of the dark. which is ridiculous because i am a 20 year old independent adult. and if that isn't ridiculous enough - i keep wanting to go outside and wander around london late at night when i feel all mopey. which is just a recipe for disaster.
    Same. I am scared of late nights but I also go out at late at night when I feel down it is comforting isn't it though? quiet and just so... awesome.

ReputationRep:
    going to my mums for a week on thursday, and even though im like proper excited, im still gonna miss home, and my boyfriend.
    but gahh gotta pack my "big" tops because my step dad will be all arsey about me being fat. so got sort of 3 "safe" tops i know of, not sure if i have any more, and people wonder why i live in hoodies :sigh:
    but i guess its my nephews birthday, and my mums planned loads of days so i can spend loads of time with her which i love!

then the day i travel back my uni results go live online, and im SO scared for them. like really nervous. i so want to pass but scared ill fail again
    but on the other hand im worried ill actually do really well in my dissertation, and will be penalised because i was ill and didnt claim extenuating circs so can only get 40% in it
    i dunno brains confused by it all.

also still feeling ill, and im scared its not cysts this time, as im not cramping, but i dunno if its my paranoia. gahhhhh

ok so from this its clear my brain is fully broken :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keromedic)
    Very good .

My life is generally okay. It's just my brain is annoying .
    Ah I see. Well let's hope it's less annoying tomorrow. Please forgive me for asking if I remember correctly you've finished year 13. Excited for uni/gap year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On my own in the flat tonight and kinda scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    anyone else afflicted with ibs in here?
    Yes. It's linked to my anxiety too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Yes. It's linked to my anxiety too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i struggle to tell whats my anxiety and what's (possibly) ibs. If the whole 'feeling like someones making balloon animals with my insides' feeling would sod off, I might be able to get more than 4 hours sleep...

ReputationRep:
    anyone else afflicted with ibs in here?
    Yeah, it's a bugger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Yeah, it's a bugger
    oh god. all of my anxiety friends have it too -huggggging-

ReputationRep:
    I had the worst dream. It wasnt even scary, it just dealt with things I hadnt yet processed properly.

I really want to relapse and I just... ugh.

I'm still home alone so I'm just going to sit in bed all day, eat cereal bars, cry and watch films.

fml.

ReputationRep:
    It gets worse with anxiety but also causes anxiety idk haha

ReputationRep:
    It's the worst! It flares up when I go on holiday or away from home

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    I had the worst dream. It wasnt even scary, it just dealt with things I hadnt yet processed properly.

I really want to relapse and I just... ugh.

I'm still home alone so I'm just going to sit in bed all day, eat cereal bars, cry and watch films.

fml.
    :hugs: Stay strong, and watch comforting films!
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by senz72)
    Ah I see. Well let's hope it's less annoying tomorrow. Please forgive me for asking if I remember correctly you've finished year 13. Excited for uni/gap year?
    Not particularly. I'm neutral.
    Are you excited for the coming year?

ReputationRep:
    Reading old messages from people you miss is not a good idea. Why do I always do this?

ReputationRep:
    Quite a nice article written by someone with PTSD who took up running - thought some people on here might be able to relate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Quite a nice article written by someone with PTSD who took up running - thought some people on here might be able to relate.
    Haven't read the article but I have seen what you might call more unorthodox experimental treatments of therapy resistant PTSD involving MDMA assisted therapy if you wanted more food for thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Haven't read the article but I have seen what you might call more unorthodox experimental treatments of therapy resistant PTSD involving MDMA assisted therapy if you wanted more food for thought.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't have PTSD myself but that still sounds interesting. It's weird how many recreational drugs have potential therapeutic qualities - makes me want to be a guinea pig myself.

ReputationRep:
    I also keep saying all the wrong things today

ReputationRep:
    I could really do with some help if someone is willing to read this.

I go to University on the 13th of September and am incredibly nervous about it. I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia in 2011 and was suffering from it for about 2 years before it was diagnosed. In that period of time I have literally lost all my friends and basically live the life of a recluse. I had a job for a year last year but ended up relapsing three times due to the stress, but during one of my better periods I thought I could handle university and so applied and got 3 unconditional offers. Now though I feel very apprehensive about the whole thing and I'm not sure how I will cope.

I've come to the conclusion that I probably won't make that many (if any) friends while I'm in halls and I'm OK with that but I'm still really nervous about the whole thing. The course I'm doing is something I've wanted to do for years but never felt like I had the chance. Now I don't want to relapse again because of the pressure so I'm concerned about what I'm going to do. Has anyone got any advice for me at all?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.