Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by LeFailFish)
    The fire bell went off three times today... apparently the new toaster in the staff room is a bit unpredictable
    At least your fire alarms work- when someone set the common room microwave on fire last year, bearing in mind our common room was basically a wooden hut, they didn't even go off :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)

What lesson did you have? You do that 40 minute walk each day? :eek:

I'm fine but a little sleepy :yawn: . Had my first ok day at college after being there for over a year. :indiff: Finished at lunch time but and none of the computing homework i've been given as I got carried away helping people this afternoon.
    I had German but I cant find my book and its annoying me soo much!! yeah 40 mins each way!
    aw yay thats good! aw no but at least you can do it now
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lizziecr)
    I had German but I cant find my book and its annoying me soo much!! yeah 40 mins each way!
    aw yay thats good! aw no but at least you can do it now
    I'm a quarter German. :smug:

I don't know how you could walk that after a long day of lesson or so early in the morning. I picture you being like this whilst walking for some reason: :dumbells:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    I'm a quarter German. :smug:

I don't know how you could walk that after a long day of lesson or so early in the morning. I picture you being like this whilst walking for some reason: :dumbells:
    TEACH ME IT.
    i walk with people sometimes so its easier but when I do it alone its a killer. and no nothing like that sadly

ReputationRep:
    It was rather - the first went off right at the end of break, so fortunately we only lost 5 minutes or so of Biology, but the second was in the middle of the lesson which was really inconvenient. It means more homework too, because we have to complete our class notes. But it could have been a lot worse, and it was amusing seeing the teachers look so guilty about not being able to use a toaster!
    Ugh, more homework, I feel sorry for you :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lizziecr)
    TEACH ME IT.
    i walk with people sometimes so its easier but when I do it alone its a killer. and no nothing like that sadly
    Sadly i'm not actually fluent in the language. I can learn it very easily but my Grandma who was german got alzheimer so stopped teaching me it after age 4. :sad: If she didn't get that she would have taught me it fully and i'd be fluent. I only did it to GCSE but gave up after that as the content we were actually learning wasn't what I "needed".

I really don't know how you can do that walk. It amazes me. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    My time table is BEAUTIFUL!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I've not heard of anywhere doing so, certainly the one I had an interview didn't, but that doesn't necessarily mean nowhere does! Do all of your unis interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4 of them do, I specifically picked the 5th one to not interview just incase I mess up Its going to be so expensive if costs aren't covered
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ayshac94)
    4 of them do, I specifically picked the 5th one to not interview just incase I mess up Its going to be so expensive if costs aren't covered
    At least that's one you don't have to worry about then! It will be, but if they're not then I don't know what you can do except that if you've had two interviews for your two favourite unis and got offers then maybe don't bother with the others. But then I'd still want to attend the interviews in case I changed my mind, so that wouldn't really work So don't really know what to suggest except hope that someone might give you an offer without an interview because they like the look of you so much or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ucas got me questioning the purpose of my existence on this Earth :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    At least your fire alarms work- when someone set the common room microwave on fire last year, bearing in mind our common room was basically a wooden hut, they didn't even go off :lol:
    Oh dear! I think this is why they removed the microwave from our common room...

(Original post by blamethenargles)
    Ugh, more homework, I feel sorry for you :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know! I feel like I'm drowning in it. I'm sure I'll find the balance again eventually, but I'm not used to juggling so much after summer!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    SO to my school for having parents eve one week into the course before my teachers even know me :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    SO to my school for having parents eve one week into the course before my teachers even know me :yy:
    Lol why would they do that?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Lol why would they do that?
    Because my school is a ****hole?

ReputationRep:
    Because my school is a ****hole?
    Makes sense :
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Makes sense :
    Lol yeah. It's totally disorganised here.

We still don't have our timetables (we kinda worked them out for ourselves by searching in random rooms for a week...)
    Still don't have fobs and ID cards
    No printers in the school are working at all
    Computers are consistently down/extremely slow. Took me 50 minutes to log on today

and my personal favourite:
    One subject doesn't have a teacher :awesome: . I thought that the physicists at my school were ****ed (our amazing new teacher during our first lesson: "You know the course better than I do! :awesome: " Rite ok), but nope, textiles have to worse

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah. It's totally disorganised here.

We still don't have our timetables (we kinda worked them out for ourselves by searching in random rooms for a week...)
    Still don't have fobs and ID cards
    No printers in the school are working at all
    Computers are consistently down/extremely slow. Took me 50 minutes to log on today

and my personal favourite:
    One subject doesn't have a teacher :awesome: . I thought that the physicists at my school were ****ed (our amazing new teacher during our first lesson: "You know the course better than I do! :awesome: " Rite ok), but nope, textiles have to worse
    Jesus

Sounds worse than my old school
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Oh dear! I think this is why they removed the microwave from our common room...
    Strangely, they did from ours after that :lol:

ReputationRep:

*rolls into the year 13 thread*
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Ah jeez, I've neglected the year thread for ages now

How is everyone?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.