Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple-Pixie)
    Is anyone else on half term yet? I am; this first half of term went so quickly for me, even though it's the longest half of term in the whole school year
    Lucky you! Mine starts from next week, I hope this week goes fast, I need to start preparing for mocks, have you done any preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    I'm thinking of doing medicine and my A Levels are Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooo what sort of GCSEs do you have/ are you predicted? I know I'm choosing bio and chem but I'm unsure of the other two, I'm thinking maybe history and sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    Lucky you! Mine starts from next week, I hope this week goes fast, I need to start preparing for mocks, have you done any preparation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I attempted to revise for my Biology and Spanish mocks over the weekend but I just got distracted

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I attempted to revise for my Biology and Spanish mocks over the weekend but I just got distracted

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love your profile pic

I should speak in Spanish so it's revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I love your profile pic

I should speak in Spanish so it's revision
    Thanks, I love Pokémon Are you looking forward to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Haha, do you speak Spanish then?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I love Pokémon Are you looking forward to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Haha, do you speak Spanish then?
    I just gave (sold) my 3DS XL to my little brother so I don't think I will be playing

Although I'll probably take it off him because that gen was my favourite

No puedo hablar español pero estoy aprendiendolo... I don't even have a gcse in it haha

I'm in Year 13 btw, I just saw your avvie so posted

ReputationRep:
    I just gave (sold) my 3DS XL to my little brother so I don't think I will be playing

Although I'll probably take it off him because that gen was my favourite

No puedo hablar español pero estoy aprendiendolo... I don't even have a gcse in it haha

I'm in Year 13 btw, I just saw your avvie so posted
    Oh okay, yeah I loved Gen 3 and can't wait for the remakes - hopefully going to Game tomorrow to download the demo and get Shiny Gengar

Ah okay haha I'm taking it for GCSE and considering it for A Level next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay, yeah I loved Gen 3 and can't wait for the remakes - hopefully going to Game tomorrow to download the demo and get Shiny Gengar

Ah okay haha I'm taking it for GCSE and considering it for A Level next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome! Which are you going for? Groudon or kyogre

I'd definitely recommend having a language at A level

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Which are you going for? Groudon or kyogre

I'd definitely recommend having a language at A level
    I'm going for Kyogre as it's one of my favourite legendary Pokemon Even though you've given your 3DS to your brother, are you still going to get the game? If so, which one are you going for?

I would love to continue Spanish to A Level; I do quite well in the writing exams but I don't tend to do well in the speaking exams so that could be a deal breaker.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for Kyogre as it's one of my favourite legendary Pokemon Even though you've given your 3DS to your brother, are you still going to get the game? If so, which one are you going for?

I would love to continue Spanish to A Level; I do quite well in the writing exams but I don't tend to do well in the speaking exams so that could be a deal breaker.
    Awesome! I probably won't as I have the PS4 now but I'd probably go for Kyogre too.

Ah depending on board, oral can be 30% of grade so you could get a U with an A overall! Although speaking exams are marked very nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! I probably won't as I have the PS4 now but I'd probably go for Kyogre too.

Ah depending on board, oral can be 30% of grade so you could get a U with an A overall! Although speaking exams are marked very nicely.
    With my school's exam board it's 30% of the grade too. Wow I didn't know that you could still get an A overall if you got a U in the speaking exam (although hopefully I would at least get a B or C anyway haha).

ReputationRep:
    With my school's exam board it's 30% of the grade too. Wow I didn't know that you could still get an A overall if you got a U in the speaking exam (although hopefully I would at least get a B or C anyway haha).
    I meant at AS. My board was 40% for oral at AS

GCSE you can get an A* if you get... A C in the speaking. But full marks everywhere else!

ReputationRep:
    I meant at AS. My board was 40% for oral at AS

GCSE you can get an A* if you get... A C in the speaking. But full marks everywhere else!
    If I averaged 27-28/30 in each piece would I get an A* overall (at GCSE)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimberlymegsx)
    If I averaged 27-28/30 in each piece would I get an A* overall (at GCSE)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely if you mean each element

ReputationRep:
    Definitely if you mean each element
    Yes so like 27/30 and 28/30 in my writing, 27/30 on both my writing pieces and then near full marks on my reading and listening?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes so like 27/30 and 28/30 in my writing, 27/30 on both my writing pieces and then near full marks on my reading and listening?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah defo

ReputationRep:
    Yeah defo
    Ok, awesome thankyou!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to find High School Musical really annoying but now I realise how true the song 'What Time Is It' is... Can't wait for the holidays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I used to find High School Musical really annoying but now I realise how true the song 'What Time Is It' is... Can't wait for the holidays!
    ive never been more excited for half terms in my life!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooo what sort of GCSEs do you have/ are you predicted? I know I'm choosing bio and chem but I'm unsure of the other two, I'm thinking maybe history and sociology

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll have to wait until after mocks for my actual predictions but generally all my teachers expect at least an A, I did core science GCSE and I got an A for that. Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.