Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotMe)
    Peace and blessings of Allah to all!
    I was having a chat with an Atheist friend recently...he was asking why we say Allahu-Akbar, SubhanAllah etc...he found it quite amusing actually lol. Some people actually get intimidated if we shout it in public! :eek:

In my reply to his question, I said that i'm no expert, but from my understanding, it's how we make Zikhr of Allah; ''All praise be to Allah'' 33 times etc; as a reminder to ourselves that Praise is due to the Creator, to the Sustainer. Praise is not beneficial to us as it inflates our egos, leading to all sorts of problems with modesty and so on. I went on to say that we are rewarded in this life and the next with blessings, also explaining how it is beneficial to always remember Allah.

Is this the right thing to say? Did I miss anything important :/
    :yy:

It is also giving thanks. This can be applied likewise - we thank Him because He provides for us, whether we ask from Him or not, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ibn 'Abbas said,

"What do you reckon to be nobility? Allah has made nobility clear. The noblest of you in the sight of Allah is the one with the greatest taqwa.

What do you reckon as lineage? The best of you in lineage is the best of you in character."

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 899 - Al-Albani said Saheeh Al-Isnaad in Saheeh Al-Adab Al-Mufrad #694

Ibn 'Abbas said, "I do not know anyone who acts by this ayat:

'Mankind! We created you from a male and a female, and made you into peoples and tribes so that you might come to know each other. The noblest among you in Allah's sight is the one with the most taqwa.' (49:13)

One man says to another man, 'I am more noble than you are.' No one is nobler than another person except by taqwa."

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 898 - Albani Said Saheeh Al-Isnaad in Saheeh Al-Adab Al-Mufrad #693

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tennumbers)
    1) No
    2) No - wish I could lol
    3) Alhumdulillah I think everything was covered well - I only went for 3 hours 5 days a week and the teaching isn't up to the Darul Uloom standard but its still very good.
    4) I can't think of anything right now.
    5) We focused mainly on the hanafi madhab.. and covered to a great extent. Not sure if that answers the question.
    6) 15/16 - I did start it pretty early. lol The Madrasah let me start early as I'd finished the Qur'an and my Urdu was pretty good (speaking and writing).

Its not a problem.
    What other teachers did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    What other teachers did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mufti Abdus Samad - Principal of Jamia Tul Ilm Wal Huda Darul Uloom.
    Maulana Suhail Manya who was head of our Madrasah and also Imam of the Masjid.

They were the only three male ustaads we had, the rest were female.

ReputationRep:
    Abu Hurayra said,

"One of you looks at the speck in his brother's eye while forgetting the log in his own eye."

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 592 - Authentic

'Amr ibn al-'As said,

"I am astonished at a man who flees from fate when he is all the time attacking it and who sees the speck in his brother's eye and not the trunk in his own eye. He uncovers the rancour in his brother's heart and not the rancour in himself. I have never entrusted anyone with a secret of mine and then blamed him for divulging it. How could I blame him when I have given him something he is incapable of doing?"

Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 886 - Authentic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatMuslimGuy)

Jazakallahu khairan for sharing :yy:

A very meaningful video for sisters

ReputationRep:
    "If you're living in the UK, then regard it as MUST to sign this petition. It will affect every Muslim in the UK:

http://stopthebill.co.uk/petition/"

ReputationRep:
    Ibraheem at-Taymi (rahimahullah) said:

"The sincerely devoted one is he who conceals his good deeds like he conceals his bad deeds".

[From the characteristics of the Salaf, by Ahmed Fareed]

ReputationRep:
    Name:  1422230297158.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  132.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    الَّذِينَ قَالَ لَهُمُ النَّاسُ إِنَّ النَّاسَ قَدْ جَمَعُوا لَكُمْ فَاخْشَوْهُمْ فَزَادَهُمْ إِيمَانًا وَقَالُوا حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ
    Those to whom hypocrites said, "Indeed, the people have gathered against you, so fear them." But it [merely] increased them in faith, and they said, "Sufficient for us is Allah , and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs."

فَانقَلَبُوا بِنِعْمَةٍ مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَفَضْلٍ لَّمْ يَمْسَسْهُمْ سُوءٌ وَاتَّبَعُوا رِضْوَانَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَظِيمٍ
    So they returned with favor from Allah and bounty, no harm having touched them. And they pursued the pleasure of Allah , and Allah is the possessor of great bounty.

[Surah Aal 'Imraan]

ReputationRep:
    Abu Huraira (RA) reported that the Prophet Muhammad said that Allah , the Exalted and Glorious said, “I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him.” (Sahih Muslim).

I thought I should just share this with all of you so we may all remember Allah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    "If you're living in the UK, then regard it as MUST to sign this petition. It will affect every Muslim in the UK:

http://stopthebill.co.uk/petition/"

I'll probably sign it when its being spammed on the Whatsapp group chats and so on xD

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    One of our pious salaf said "A believer will regret every second he didn't spend remembering Allah."

Remembrance of Allah is the heart's nourishment and the soul's juice.
    It's what brings peace to the minds and internal environment. Remembrance of Allah makes one always conscious of Allah, so he abstains from committing evil deeds and always rushes to commit good deeds. Remembrance of Allah brings fear and hope to the heart, it makes one wake up to the reality of this life, and creates a bond between the lord of the worlds and his slave.
    Remembrance of Allah means everything to a believer.

The topic of today: Importance of remembering Allah.

ReputationRep:
    Sahih International
    Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured."

ReputationRep:
    I really like this pic for some reason:

It's almost as if it highlights that hearts heal and beat in peace only if the love of Allah is present. The love of Allah heals all sicknesses.

ReputationRep:
    'A'isha said:

The Apostle of Allah (ﷺ) used to remember Allah at all moments.

Sahih Muslim 373

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Assalam ul Alaikum!

How do you guys get answers when you email Islamic scholars/students your questions? I have tried to email in the past twice but had no such luck (in getting replies). Anyway quote me email addresses which I can try haha.

Ideas and beautiful, I'm looking at you. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    Assalam ul Alaikum!

How do you guys get answers when you email Islamic scholars/students your questions? I have tried to email in the past twice but had no such luck (in getting replies). Anyway quote me email addresses which I can try haha.

Ideas and beautiful, I'm looking at you. :P
    Walaikum Salam.
    Why yes both Mufti Menk and Tim Humble responded to me he he.
    Well first I made istikhara lol, then checked out these links and sent an email: http://www.muftimenk.com/contact/
    http://muhammadtim.com/contact

Please read Tim's demands carefully or he won't respond lol.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.