Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I found it jolly easy, to be honest. I actually requested a harder paper, but alas, my wishes were not fulfilled. Remember: una salus victis nullam sperare salutem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    Grades boundaries are staying constant. 64 for a A

No they're not... Exam Boards work out the average mark and consider loads of statistics before deciding on a boundary they would not just stay constant. Plus May 2014 was 60 for an A so
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No they're not... Exam Boards work out the average mark and consider loads of statistics before deciding on a boundary they would not just stay constant. Plus May 2014 was 60 for an A so

ReputationRep:
    So many people in the exam hall were crying jesus Christ i'm disappointed with how that went but ugh. Got to smash stats now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345678zzz)
    hmmm you'll probably get half of the marks! it's okay
    Yeah probably! I know I got everything else 100% so I lost 2 marks or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lappong99)
    Nor did I
    I forgot the the word "fully"...
    But well, it does not cost lots of marks so it's fine don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA10743)
    Attachment 403327403331 Hope you can see this picture on how the solution to how to write cos(x) in terms of k.
    Pretty sure i got 100% in that paper but trust me when I tell you that's one of the hardest C2 papers I've seen, and I've done them all
    thats wrong u dropped a 4

ReputationRep:
    If you write dC/dx instead of dC/dr will they take any marks off?? I was running short of time...it was the hardest C2 paper out there for definite but I think I did pretty well actually

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get d2C/dr2=60pi? in addition, how much would I get for that GS question I've put a=45 instead of a=42 and ended up getting n=17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AA10743)
    Attachment 403327403331 Hope you can see this picture on how the solution to how to write cos(x) in terms of k.
    Pretty sure i got 100% in that paper but trust me when I tell you that's one of the hardest C2 papers I've seen, and I've done them all
    Hi there, I got to the point of forming the quadratic using the identities but then I didnt solve it correctly, do you think I would get 2/3 or only 1/3 for forming the quadratic (I completed the square instead of formula lol)

ReputationRep:
    Internally crying right now

ReputationRep:
    I believe there were more solutions to the tan equation? It was up to 2pi?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't anyone else just set 4cos^x + cosx = 4-k and then factorise the LHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jf1994)
    Didn't anyone else just set 4cos^x + cosx = 4-k and then factorise the LHS?
    I was in a blind panic so I can't really remember but I think I did something along these lines

ReputationRep:
    Has Arsey done the solutions yet for the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prepdream)
    Same. Just that I didn't take 3 put of the bracket. Feeling regret a little bit now
    For the factorise one I got

(2x+1)(3x-12)(x+4)

instead of

3(2x+1)(x-4)(x+4)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lappong99)
    did anyone get d2C/dr2=60pi? in addition, how much would I get for that GS question I've put a=45 instead of a=42 and ended up getting n=17
    I remember d2C/dr2 is something like 12pi + 600pi(r^-3) :colondollar:

ReputationRep:
    Wait ...was it difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ml1217)
    is it cosx=k and cosx=(k+1)/4????

I only got x=0 for part C
    I got this too!! I'm pretty sure it's wrong though

ReputationRep:
    Good answers, I managed to round the perimeter one wrong otherwise thing I agree with all your answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssn2125)
    Grades boundaries are staying constant. 64 for a A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you mad lol?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.