Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medical-al)
    Hey, the local area around Guy's campus is great, You've got loads of cafés and prets around the borough high street. You've also got Borough market which has tonnes of amazing organic food, but may be a little pricey. We also get something called the farmer's market which we get on every Tuesday where people come to sell their cakes, pasta, burgers and other foods. We have a swimming pool on campus which I think is cheaper if you're a student? Not entirely sure about this.

I don't really have any thing I wished I knew before I started, but maybe being a bit more aware of living costs and learning how to manage my finances better. Also, going to the accommodation is a wise thing to do: you not only want to go somewhere just because it's cheap, but you also need to look at the quality of the halls.

Hope this helps
    Thanks!

What accommodation are you in?

I really like the look of moonraker, or angel lane. Do you know anything about what they're like?

ReputationRep:
    Yo, Oxford transfer here, so starting at King's in September. Does anyone know where most of my course time will likely be spent in third year, trying to decide where to live!
    As in, which hospital/campus are lectures and stuff in or does teaching take place across all hospitals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor96)
    Thanks!

What accommodation are you in?

I really like the look of moonraker, or angel lane. Do you know anything about what they're like?
    I'm at Great Dover street.

I've never been to Angel lane, nor have I been there. Moonraker, is where it's at haha that's my personal opinion though. Yeah it's a bit pricey, but it's worth it in terms of quality, cleanliness, social and facility wise. If I knew about Moonraker more I would have applied there over GDS to be honest.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:

I've never been to Angel lane, nor have I been there. Moonraker, is where it's at haha that's my personal opinion though. Yeah it's a bit pricey, but it's worth it in terms of quality, cleanliness, social and facility wise. If I knew about Moonraker more I would have applied there over GDS to be honest.

Hope this helps
    Hi do you know anything about Ewen Henderson Court? I'm currently thinking about applying there so I would greatly appreciate any info. I've heard that the rooms are more spacious but I was wondering how is the social life there? And the quality wise, is it worth it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeelover345)
    Hi do you know anything about Ewen Henderson Court? I'm currently thinking about applying there so I would greatly appreciate any info. I've heard that the rooms are more spacious but I was wondering how is the social life there? And the quality wise, is it worth it?
    Hi, I have a friend who lives there and apparently the rooms are nice in terms of size. I haven't been there myself personally so I'm afraid I can't comment on how good the social life might be there, sorry! However, I think it is safe to say that whichever halls you end up staying you will meet new people and friends I personally wanted to stay as close to campus so I chose GDS. I think Ewen Henderson is slight far out so commuting might become a bit of a burden as you progress into the year, especially nearing exam periods and when the workload gets a bit overwhelming!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have a friend who lives there and apparently the rooms are nice in terms of size. I haven't been there myself personally so I'm afraid I can't comment on how good the social life might be there, sorry! However, I think it is safe to say that whichever halls you end up staying you will meet new people and friends I personally wanted to stay as close to campus so I chose GDS. I think Ewen Henderson is slight far out so commuting might become a bit of a burden as you progress into the year, especially nearing exam periods and when the workload gets a bit overwhelming!
    That's great! Yeah I know it's a bit far out but I don't really mind commuting, I am used to it Is your friend happy with their accommodation? I am asking since I've read so many different reviews and people have totally different views on Ewen Henderson...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coffeelover345)
    That's great! Yeah I know it's a bit far out but I don't really mind commuting, I am used to it Is your friend happy with their accommodation? I am asking since I've read so many different reviews and people have totally different views on Ewen Henderson...
    Yeah, it's good apparently according to my friend. I think it might be worth visiting (if you have time) the actual accommodation and may be a few others? I think it might be better for you to actually go there and see for yourself before making any rash decisions because you really don't want to be staying in a hall that you really dislike for the year.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's good apparently according to my friend. I think it might be worth visiting (if you have time) the actual accommodation and may be a few others? I think it might be better for you to actually go there and see for yourself before making any rash decisions because you really don't want to be staying in a hall that you really dislike for the year.

Hope this helps
    Ok that's good knowing that they enjoy it. But yeah I might actually try and visit the accommodation before choosing it. Thanks for help

ReputationRep:

Hope this helps
    Hey I'm looking to put moonraker as my first choice and the GDS. Just wondering what are the chances of getting your first option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medprospects)
    Hey I'm looking to put moonraker as my first choice and the GDS. Just wondering what are the chances of getting your first option?
    Hey, I got my first choice (GDS) on the second accommodation round. Some people are lucky enough to get it on the first round. I'm not entirely sure of how the system works, but I think most people tend to get their preferred choices.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got my first choice (GDS) on the second accommodation round. Some people are lucky enough to get it on the first round. I'm not entirely sure of how the system works, but I think most people tend to get their preferred choices.

Hope this helps
    Thanks! Hoping to get one of my top choices. Still so confused, I only have decided on 4 places and have to pick 6 :')

ReputationRep:
    A few days until April, still no decision yet... Are there anyone else still patiently waiting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10798)
    A few days until April, still no decision yet... Are there anyone else still patiently waiting?
    Yep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indigo96)
    Yep!
    Thank god I'm not the only one hahahah

I wonder what is taking them so long though...

ReputationRep:
    me too! still haven't heard anything either lol

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get an accommodation advice/ offer holder email without recieving an offer? I'm really confused

(Original post by Randomsher789)
    Anyone else get an accommodation advice/ offer holder email without recieving an offer? I'm really confused
    yeahh same here

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thought it could be helpful for some people. Got my offer a few minutes ago but didn't get an email from kings apply or track. I got this accommodation email from [email protected] I was so excited when I saw it but then read it and thought Kings were just taking the piss now.

But went on Kings apply and turns out I had got an offer. So that email some of you have could be a sign of an offer, not 100% apologies if it's not the case but it was for me.... Good luck

(Original post by 0shas0)
    Hi, thought it could be helpful for some people. Got my offer a few minutes ago but didn't get an email from kings apply or track. I got this accommodation email from [email protected] I was so excited when I saw it but then read it and thought Kings were just taking the piss now.

But went on Kings apply and turns out I had got an offer. So that email some of you have could be a sign of an offer, not 100% apologies if it's not the case but it was for me.... Good luck
    ^^same, originally checked kings apply after getting the accommodation email but there was nothing, checked again just now and saw i got an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikey448)
    ^^same, originally checked kings apply after getting the accommodation email but there was nothing, checked again just now and saw i got an offer
    Brilliant, well done. Hope it's good news for a lot of others too

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.