Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

(Original post by Octavie88)
    Hi Crocface! When did you receive your answer from King's? I scored 18 too but still haven't heard anything in return..
    crocface with your low LNAT scores is there a possibility you could try to get into Kings in August during Clearing? im sure there will be places at the tops unis because people may have missed their offers or have had a change of heart to study and may want to take a gap year instead?

(Original post by crocface)
    I recieved rejection way back on 9th NOV. I applied 14th OCT and had already sat the LNAT on the 8th OCT. Seemed to me like an automatic rejection because all other aspects of application are pretty good. Maybe because Im European IB applicant. It said somewhere else on here they expect a higher LNAT from Internationals for some strange reason.

I have offers from my 2 non-LNAT UNis QMUL and Exeter, rejected from Oxford and KCL on LNAT and just waiting for the last bad news from Bristol.

Good luck with Kings
    Bristol is as strict as Kings on the LNAT. good luck.

(Original post by connieiscrazy)
    I got 25 on my LNAT and have 9A* 1A at GCSE, AAAA at AS and have been predicted A*A*A, yet I still have not heard back from Nottingham; I got the email saying those with bad LNATs but good results or vice versa would be 'gathered and held', yet neither of these aspects are particularly bad for me, so I'm confused as to why I still haven't heard lmfao
    nottingham is so boring as a town. it's great if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bijoux1801)
    Hahaha! What if you do get an offer?? It's not over until it's over lol. Yeah people are getting offers from notts but I'm just doubting I'll get one because I read somewhere their cut-off score is 25 . But if it's not meant to be...it shall not be.
    Ahahahah If they did I'd probably be all diva and go... I'm choosing Exeter who gave me an offer the on same month lol Well, I don't think there's any back up for that claim I think they'll be looking for above 20. The 25 sounds like the ideal score for candidates but exceptions always take place. Durham has given places to 18 and Oxford to 19 scorers before!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    Bristol is as strict as Kings on the LNAT. good luck..[/QUOTE]

Is it really? I thought it was less harsh?

ReputationRep:
    Bristol gave me an offer with an LNAT score of 24

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuddledumpling)
    Ahahahah If they did I'd probably be all diva and go... I'm choosing Exeter who gave me an offer the on same month lol Well, I don't think there's any back up for that claim I think they'll be looking for above 20. The 25 sounds like the ideal score for candidates but exceptions always take place. Durham has given places to 18 and Oxford to 19 scorers before!
    Haha "diva" lololol. Congrats on the offer from Exeter!
    Yeah maybe theres no backup but its alwats safer to be having a score above average. Ive heard people getting in with significantly lower scores as well but i think every othet aspect of your application has to be incredible . Which isn't the case for me 😂. Just your aberage student

ReputationRep:
    Bristol is as strict as Kings on the LNAT. good luck..
    Is it really? I thought it was less harsh?[/QUOTE]
    Bristol is less harsh as I've seen people on law offers and Bristol applicants 2016 get in with 22

ReputationRep:
    Haha "diva" lololol. Congrats on the offer from Exeter!
    Yeah maybe theres no backup but its alwats safer to be having a score above average. Ive heard people getting in with significantly lower scores as well but i think every othet aspect of your application has to be incredible . Which isn't the case for me 😂. Just your aberage student
    Aww, thanks! Doubt your an average student. Everyone who does law is so self deprecating I swear. Half of us would be like geniuses if we chose something less difficult. Congrats on your Bristol offer - your doing it right! Well, yh the Notts applicants are insanely smart but there is still hope. Hang in there, they haven't rejected you yet ok?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Bristol is less harsh as I've seen people on law offers and Bristol applicants 2016 get in with 22[/QUOTE]

no pressure... got 22 points on my LNAT and an offer from Bristol... I really don't think they are so harsh about LNATs, otherwise they would look at my score and laugh... plus my friend got an offer from Durham with 21 points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cholesta)
    Bristol is less harsh as I've seen people on law offers and Bristol applicants 2016 get in with 22[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I though seems like some misinformation going on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmecatherine)
    Bristol is less harsh as I've seen people on law offers and Bristol applicants 2016 get in with 22
    no pressure... got 22 points on my LNAT and an offer from Bristol... I really don't think they are so harsh about LNATs, otherwise they would look at my score and laugh... plus my friend got an offer from Durham with 21 points[/QUOTE]

Yes, exactly when did you get your Bristol offer? Congrats btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smaeb)
    Bristol offer holders - what are your predicted grades and how did you do on the LNAT?
    Predicted A*A*A with an LNAT score of 24

ReputationRep:
    no pressure... got 22 points on my LNAT and an offer from Bristol... I really don't think they are so harsh about LNATs, otherwise they would look at my score and laugh... plus my friend got an offer from Durham with 21 points
    Yes, exactly when did you get your Bristol offer? Congrats btw[/QUOTE]

thank you ! I got it this Tuesday, so 26th of Jan

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Durham with 23 (below average)..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by promise104)
    I have an offer from Durham with 23 (below average)..........
    Congrats! That's so amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmecatherine)
    Yes, exactly when did you get your Bristol offer? Congrats btw
    thank you ! I got it this Tuesday, so 26th of Jan [/QUOTE]

Awesome Oooo thanks that's helpful!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, thanks! Doubt your an average student. Everyone who does law is so self deprecating I swear. Half of us would be like geniuses if we chose something less difficult. Congrats on your Bristol offer - your doing it right! Well, yh the Notts applicants are insanely smart but there is still hope. Hang in there, they haven't rejected you yet ok?!
    Hahaa yeah law students are always like that. I guess its because the entry requirements tendto be so high so we never feel smart enough. Yeah I'm trying to hang in there but at least there's an offer from one lnat uni. I don't feel like all thepractices and late nights havr gone to waste 😂. Btw are you an international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MackenzieNation)
    Feel like I was one of the only people to hear from KCL in mid December from the looks of things! hope everyone's LNATs went well
    Did you apply for the Kings scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaa yeah law students are always like that. I guess its because the entry requirements tendto be so high so we never feel smart enough. Yeah I'm trying to hang in there but at least there's an offer from one lnat uni. I don't feel like all thepractices and late nights havr gone to waste 😂. Btw are you an international student?

Sometimes it just gets too silly - like if you don't get into oxbridge your life is over lol :rolleyes: So true, law students just need to chill and realise how well they are doing overall. Brilliant see it did pay off I wish I could say the same but I did one practice paper.... 2 days before, convinced myself you couldn't revise for it and moved house the day before. So expected to get a crappy score kinda surprised myself. Nope, not international? Are you?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it just gets too silly - like if you don't get into oxbridge your life is over lol :rolleyes: So true, law students just need to chill and realise how well they are doing overall. Brilliant see it did pay off I wish I could say the same but I did one practice paper.... 2 days before, convinced myself you couldn't revise for it and moved house the day before. So expected to get a crappy score kinda surprised myself. Nope, not international? Are you?
    Yeah people get crazy about that oxbridge thing. We all just neeed to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Aah then it's really good you got above 20! Wow. Yes i am...I'm from Kenya

ReputationRep:
    Yeah people get crazy about that oxbridge thing. We all just neeed to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Aah then it's really good you got above 20! Wow. Yes i am...I'm from Kenya
    They scare me sometimes too true! I think they often need to live their lives a bit more. Aww, thanks I got 23 lollll not sure how that happened? Ooooo Kenya? That is so cool pm me yh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.