The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

anybody had experience of the Morgan Stanley numerical? what's it like?
Original post by dasu95
Oh wow how quick did they get back to you? I just finished my test, took me agess

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry, this was last year
Original post by dasu95
Wtf is the M&G test....?!?!?!?! Why won't it end!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep lol it was SO LONG...worse then barclays.....
I literally lost interest in M&G as a firm due to that test. Who do they think they are with all these "different" test questions lm, why they gotta be so extra
Original post by alexjones1994
Don't have access to a computer? You should apply to Barclays as they love their emerging market sh*t during their application process. You will do well seeing as you evidently already live in one.

Just wanted to drop by and say that this guy is the real MVP of this thread, thanks for making it so entertaining.

Also, it is hilarious to see how everyone assumes people on this thread are guys and that HR employees are "girls". This thread does not disappoint year after year :biggrin: Keep it up!
Has anybody completed the BlackRock virtual cover letter exercise and if so, how was it?! I understand that it's a spoken cover letter but how does HR use it to progress your application?
Original post by Commercial Paper
Oh wow, so you cannot change the covering letter for different applications on their system? For **** sake...

What did you do about this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sent their HR an email saying that I can't modify my cover letter for new application, then they asked for my cover letter by an email and will modify it manually
Original post by TheBankinator
Just wanted to drop by and say that this guy is the real MVP of this thread, thanks for making it so entertaining.

Also, it is hilarious to see how everyone assumes people on this thread are guys and that HR employees are "girls". This thread does not disappoint year after year :biggrin: Keep it up!

haha, in this thread every year we prepare and send a lot of junior bankers to CW
Original post by JessicaPearson
Has anybody completed the BlackRock virtual cover letter exercise and if so, how was it?! I understand that it's a spoken cover letter but how does HR use it to progress your application?

Felt it went pretty good for me. Just basic stuff, just like what you would write down in a cover letter. HR uses it in order to assess you, and progress your application
Has anyone had contact with Citi Hr? They don't seem to reply to and I can not log into my account, on any browser. When I order a new password it does not arrive. It has been almost a week now and my time limit for to take the numerical has already passed...
Original post by JWScandic
Has anyone had contact with Citi Hr? They don't seem to reply to and I can not log into my account, on any browser. When I order a new password it does not arrive. It has been almost a week now and my time limit for to take the numerical has already passed...

I had the same problem, this worked for me try applying for another division and you will be asked to login and that time it worked for me no idea why
Original post by creamertnh
I had the same problem, this worked for me try applying for another division and you will be asked to login and that time it worked for me no idea why

how did you access the tests once you logged in?

When I go onto the talent Q website, it asks for a username and password, it doesnt redirect me straight to the tests after copying and pasting the link on our application page

EDIT: nvm, finally got through after 30 mins.
(edited 7 years ago)
btw how do you guys come up with the 5 days deadline for the barc video interview? can't find that anywhere?
Original post by networx
btw how do you guys come up with the 5 days deadline for the barc video interview? can't find that anywhere?

its in the email bro. also its 48 hrs not 5 days
what kind of materials/resources are everyone using for TalentQ tests, I got a logical and numerical one to do.
Hey guys,

How do the bulge-bracket banks like Citi, Deutsche Bank, Barclays and UBS stack up against the boutiques like Greenhill, Centerview, Evercore and Moelis in the UK? In terms of deal flows, reputation, pay and exit opps? Apparently in the US, the smartest kids go to these boutiques instead of the BBs (except for GS, MS) and they would make that decision without thinking twice! Would love everyone's and especially @Princepieman's opinion on this.

Thanks a lot!
Original post by TheBankinator

I try my best... :biggrin:
Original post by Flourish RY
how did you access the tests once you logged in?

When I go onto the talent Q website, it asks for a username and password, it doesnt redirect me straight to the tests after copying and pasting the link on our application page

EDIT: nvm, finally got through after 30 mins.

Had the same problem but managed to get to my tests, so here's how you do it as I am sure this question will keep coming up.

Login as if you are trying to apply for a new role. At this point on your application you should see the role you've already applied for and a talentq link which you can't click. Copy Paste that into a new tab and it should bring you to the talentq homepage where your elements numerical test should appear.

That's how i did it and it worked.
Original post by cleverboy12
anybody had experience of the Morgan Stanley numerical? what's it like?

Hard, you've got to be sharp and quick.

I'd say all you can do to prepare is practice with similar tests online
Jeez these banks really do take their sweet time...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending