Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavitaa.xo)
    Thanks, sorry to be annoying but, I noticed that for question 7) the answer was no Angie hasnt got enough tins, because she needs 10litres and only has 7.5-- However I put that she needs 4 tins and only has 3 tins, will I not get full marks for this even though I providing my working out to get that 10 litres are needed? thanks
    As long as you say she can't cover the whole floor and show it - doesn't matter how you do it, you'll get full marks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think this paper was slightly more difficult compared to last years paper? If so, what do you think the grade boundary for an A will be? Im predicting 60-62 as last year you only needed 63/64 on both papers for an A...

ReputationRep:
    Going to bed now. PM me if you need help with anymore questions - will pick them up in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavitaa.xo)
    Does anyone think this paper was slightly more difficult compared to last years paper? If so, what do you think the grade boundary for an A will be? Im predicting 60-62 as last year you only needed 63/64 on both papers for an A...
    I thought this years paper was easier, hard to say.

ReputationRep:
    For the varnish question I got 70cm^3 for the area and then divided that by 5 which meant she did not have enough. How many marks would I get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oasis61)
    For the varnish question I got 70cm^3 for the area and then divided that by 5 which meant she did not have enough. How many marks would I get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the same, you should most of the marks for most of it right apart from maybe 1 due to a slight blip in the method.

ReputationRep:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g...w?pref=2&pli=1

^^the paper w/solutions if anybody wants

ReputationRep:
    LOWER GRADE BOUNDARIES PETITION - PLEASE SHARE https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...oJi0GXEjsUaBAf

ReputationRep:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g...w?pref=2&pli=1

I found the scanned paper with solutions

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me if i get B on paper 1 and A* on paper 2 for math, would would the estimated overall grade be?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you must add '0'.

(Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    No because there is no single option for 0

ReputationRep:
    Hello, for question 19, I was wondering if they would have a range of answers they would accept as it was a graph question. Because for example where it says the first one is x = -0.4 and x= 4.4, I got x = -0.2 and x = 4.5. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Tail)
    I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .
    That is exactly what happened to me! Damn the wording in the Edexcel Maths paper lol!
    I think I got around 90-93 marks - does anyone know how many I can lose in the Calculator to still get an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Generally if it says 'exact area' expect a weird fraction or an area including surds - word of advice for paper two

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really need to know say I got a E on a non cal higher and a B in higher cal paper is my over all grade a C ??

ReputationRep:
    Will the same topics appear on paper 2?

E.g will we have to work out surds again?

ReputationRep:
    For questions 9 about estimating the solutions: I panicked and completed the square for both of this equations and solved it. Logically I am right though? Right?

ReputationRep:
    Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treybc123)
    Hello, for question 19, I was wondering if they would have a range of answers they would accept as it was a graph question. Because for example where it says the first one is x = -0.4 and x= 4.4, I got x = -0.2 and x = 4.5. Thanks.
    Their's usually a ±0.2 lenience.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.