Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavitaa.xo)
    Thanks, sorry to be annoying but, I noticed that for question 7) the answer was no Angie hasnt got enough tins, because she needs 10litres and only has 7.5-- However I put that she needs 4 tins and only has 3 tins, will I not get full marks for this even though I providing my working out to get that 10 litres are needed? thanks
    As long as you say she can't cover the whole floor and show it - doesn't matter how you do it, you'll get full marks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think this paper was slightly more difficult compared to last years paper? If so, what do you think the grade boundary for an A will be? Im predicting 60-62 as last year you only needed 63/64 on both papers for an A...

ReputationRep:
    Going to bed now. PM me if you need help with anymore questions - will pick them up in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavitaa.xo)
    Does anyone think this paper was slightly more difficult compared to last years paper? If so, what do you think the grade boundary for an A will be? Im predicting 60-62 as last year you only needed 63/64 on both papers for an A...
    I thought this years paper was easier, hard to say.

ReputationRep:
    For the varnish question I got 70cm^3 for the area and then divided that by 5 which meant she did not have enough. How many marks would I get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oasis61)
    For the varnish question I got 70cm^3 for the area and then divided that by 5 which meant she did not have enough. How many marks would I get? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the same, you should most of the marks for most of it right apart from maybe 1 due to a slight blip in the method.

ReputationRep:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g...w?pref=2&pli=1

^^the paper w/solutions if anybody wants

ReputationRep:
    LOWER GRADE BOUNDARIES PETITION - PLEASE SHARE https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...oJi0GXEjsUaBAf

ReputationRep:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8g...w?pref=2&pli=1

I found the scanned paper with solutions

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me if i get B on paper 1 and A* on paper 2 for math, would would the estimated overall grade be?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, you must add '0'.

(Original post by Rebecca-Joseph)
    No because there is no single option for 0

ReputationRep:
    Hello, for question 19, I was wondering if they would have a range of answers they would accept as it was a graph question. Because for example where it says the first one is x = -0.4 and x= 4.4, I got x = -0.2 and x = 4.5. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afro Tail)
    I got the right answer for surds, but then I saw the question asked for "exact area" so I thought it had to be a number; and I found a wrong method to get 1/6 .
    That is exactly what happened to me! Damn the wording in the Edexcel Maths paper lol!
    I think I got around 90-93 marks - does anyone know how many I can lose in the Calculator to still get an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Generally if it says 'exact area' expect a weird fraction or an area including surds - word of advice for paper two

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really need to know say I got a E on a non cal higher and a B in higher cal paper is my over all grade a C ??

ReputationRep:
    Will the same topics appear on paper 2?

E.g will we have to work out surds again?

ReputationRep:
    For questions 9 about estimating the solutions: I panicked and completed the square for both of this equations and solved it. Logically I am right though? Right?

ReputationRep:
    Someone plzzz help me!!! Im predicted an A but looking at this paper i've only got 51 marks. How many marks do i have to get in the calculator paper just to get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treybc123)
    Hello, for question 19, I was wondering if they would have a range of answers they would accept as it was a graph question. Because for example where it says the first one is x = -0.4 and x= 4.4, I got x = -0.2 and x = 4.5. Thanks.
    Their's usually a ±0.2 lenience.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.