Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My god we left,
    i think its time london left the england now and formed it own city state.

ReputationRep:
    PM to resign :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    PM to resign :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. That was always going to happen (sorry Fullofsurprises but it was...).

I also don't see BoJo as PM - the party won't stand for it.

BUT I do think an early GE is likely.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099906.html

LOOOL

"Nigel Farage has disowned a pledge to spend £350 million of European Union cash on the NHS after Brexit. The Ukip leader was asked on ITV’s Good Morning Britain programme whether he would guarantee that the money pledged for the health service during the campaign would now be spent on it. Speaking on the morning of the referendum result he however said he had never made any such pledge."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    What's your point? Immigration, especially illegal immigration from outside the EU, has been allowed to happen because illegal migrants have been able to border hop through Europe until they reach the UK, often residing in shanty camps like the Jungle in Calais.

Immigration to the UK should be exclusively for two groups: either skilled workers or genuine refugees. The UK shouldn't accept low-skilled labour, nor should it accept economic migrants from afar because it puts pressure on communities, housing and the living wage.

I live in an area with 20% Muslim immigration and my area voted heavily in favour of voting to leave. I don't see immigration as evil, but an issue which is out of control and not been tackled by the left. It's not racist, and once again you're trying to label and demean those who chose to vote.
    You're wrong on the substance and if I'm not allowed to say that then you're the PC brigade not me. I live in the West Midlands where Asians have been arriving since the 1950s. I welcome it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Already had major referendum fatigue.

Indyref mark 2 coming soon... Lets hope we get it right this time. Cannot believe people fell for that **** about us needing to stay in the UK to stay in the EU.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    What a disaster, endless worship of the past & another attempt at reviving what has long gone
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Petition calling for a 2nd Referendum is crashing the gov site
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099996.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7099906.html

LOOOL

"Nigel Farage has disowned a pledge to spend £350 million of European Union cash on the NHS after Brexit. The Ukip leader was asked on ITV’s Good Morning Britain programme whether he would guarantee that the money pledged for the health service during the campaign would now be spent on it. Speaking on the morning of the referendum result he however said he had never made any such pledge."
    Wonder how long it will be before Gove and the rest deny they ever offered it.

ReputationRep:
    Leavers should have taken their rose tinted glasses off before deciding to leave to get something that has gone, at any & all costs

A disaster

But the remain campaign was ****

ReputationRep:
    Just woke up, so happy. Much of Britain has been unhappy about the current arrangements for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Just watch how more rich foreigners gobble up our land and property because of the cheap Pound Lol
    Oh well! Generation rent, here we come!

Law of unintended consequences :facepalm:

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  167.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes. That was always going to happen (sorry Fullofsurprises but it was...).

I also don't see BoJo as PM - the party won't stand for it.

BUT I do think an early GE is likely.
    The scale of the defeat has doubtless been a factor.

I can't help wondering how all the leave voters will feel in a few years time, with a much more right wing austerity loving government, a desperate economy and a plunged NHS.

ReputationRep:
    The Welsh decision to leave was nonsensical.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like no one has any idea about how stock markets work here ...

ReputationRep:
    And to those who didn't even vote but could have, what were you thinking??? Ladies and gents, always attempt to get involve in any affairs/ decisions that depicts/affects your future and well being as a citizen. Even if the remain party won, I'd still ask the same question to why millions of people eligible to vote did not. And people are complaining when others want to lower the voting age. It's because there are youths out there more interested than other adult, interested enough to get involved and actually vote. Maybe it's ignorance on the situation however please in the future, anything concerning you and your family- get involved.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Leaver being interviewed on the BBC says he's shocked and didn't expect to win. Didn't think his vote would matter.
    "Now I'm worried".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    And to those who didn't even vote but could have, what were you thinking??? Ladies and gents, always attempt to get involve in any affairs/ decisions that depicts/affects your future and well being as a citizen. Even if the remain party won, I'd still ask the same question to why millions of people eligible to vote did not. And people are complaining when others want to lower the voting age. It's because there are youths out there more interested that other adults, interested enough to get involved and actually vote. Maybe it's ignorance on the situation however please in the future, anything concerning you and your family- get involved.
    I know so many people who were remain who decided not to vote. Disgraceful.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.